It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommended reading about Egyptian Mystery schools??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I wrote a little something about the mystery schools which may be helpful to you.

CHAPTER four

The magi education began with the formation of the mystery school. Students were required to follow strict guidelines to progress through the varying degrees of knowledge depending on how successful they were. The most important rule was to keep secret the learning process else the whole thing would be for naught. Many different disciplines were available for study but only a very select few knew how they all fitted together to form the complete picture of exsistence and such important knowledge was well guarded, not out of jealous ambition but because such knowledge was dangerous if selfishly misused. That is more true today then ever it has been.

It is from the mystery school that the pyramids were able to be built, stonehenge and many other marvel constructions of the ancient civilizations. There is no mystery why some of these monuments seeme closely aligned to particular stars for they were used as a stable measurement cue for the archietect. These mystery schools also developed ideas as to the function of consciousness and its place in the chaotic universe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Magi didn't invent mystery schools but they did use them toindoctrinate heads of state.

Magi only dealt with the Monarchs, the lower priesthood did everyday rituals and weren't called Magi. Magians mastered the Theocracy.

Another group split off to pursue morality and spiritual freedom and enlightenment, the first (retroactively) Gnostic movement. This group may have spawned the reformist Zoroaster.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut & Akragon,

Regarding your discussion about:

'he went to the temple when he was twelve, and it says he was with the doctors of the law asking questions'

They found him three days later. What was he doing for three days? What did he learn in that time? Or the twelve years prior living in a village with elders/teachers that only know what they know, then coming to a large city filled with experts on such knowledge's.

Also most questions people ask they already know the answer, just wanting clarification/confirmation.

Added to that, how many times is an adult been in awe of the correct answers children give that make them think.... Ohh that's so simple!!

If Yeshi really existed he could have just been a genius, or just a normal kid that gave simple logical insight that children provide.

That's my take on that part.

(not im off to chat with Padawan, even though I think he may be AgarthaSeed and other active accounts that give stars and flags to his other accounts... talk about crazy person with Schizophrenia!)

Coomba98

edit on 5-4-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What is most misunderstood about the passage you are discussing is the of the Doctors of the Law, and what he was doing there.

Doctors of the Law where Torah observant healers that were called Theraputae, Essenes from Qumran, Jerusalem and Alexandria. They had a superior spiritual method of healing and were well known.

Jeshua was getting training to become a healer, and he had to prove his worthiness and at the age of 12 he had to be especially worthy, if they were to impart their knowledge of healing on the young lad. I don't know if he did his first miracle before his baptism, but he learned the art of healing from the healers of the Law.

And yes, Essenes had temple presence. The Dead Sea Scrolls have a scroll called the Temple scroll. The Pharisees historically were the seperatists who had little temple presence. They hated the Sadducees, everyone did, even the "Essenes."

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Hey all!

Over the years I've read up quite a bit about Gnosticism and some of the early Christian sects.
Yet, I've had trouble finding a lot of information about the Egyptian mystery schools that were around during the time of Jesus.

I feel strongly that Jesus must've attended one of these schools. Many scholars believe this, but more importantly it makes a lot of sense when you look at the metaphysics behind Jesus' teachings and how they contrast from the Jewish teachings ( and law ) at the time.

So. Does anyone have any recommended reading on this topic? It may be broad, as I'd imagine different mystery school were teaching different things. But some good leads would be nice.

Thank you!

The scriptures have no record of Yahoshua attending a "mystery" school nor does his character allude to it..he Jewish leaders knew he didn't study with them as is falsely believed.

"And the Jews marveled, saying, How knows this man letters, having never learned? Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.He that speaks of himself seeks his own glory: but he that seeks his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keeps the law? Why go you about to kill me?

Yahoshua ALWAYS says everything he does and knows is from the father not the religious doctrines of man.It is poor speculation to believe Yahoshua studied anything to know the father.He clearly stated to the Jewish leaders the futility of studying to know the creator God

"You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is these that bear witness of Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. I have come in My Father’s name,[Yahoshua] and you do not receive Me; if another shall come in his own name[the Jesus of Christianity], you will receive him".

Yahoshua knew exactly what "studying" scriptures written in a book to know the creator God does...it creates ignorance and lack of love.

Dead wrong.

Jeshua had a "hidden life at Nazareth",a commune not yet a town that was very mysterious and could definitely qualify as a mystery school because it doesn't say what he does there for I think three years.

John the Baptist has a similar story. I believe it is in Mark. It's called the hidden life of Jesus at Nazareth. A mystery school no question.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: chr0naut & Akragon,

Regarding your discussion about:

'he went to the temple when he was twelve, and it says he was with the doctors of the law asking questions'

They found him three days later. What was he doing for three days? What did he learn in that time? Or the twelve years prior living in a village with elders/teachers that only know what they know, then coming to a large city filled with experts on such knowledge's.

Also most questions people ask they already know the answer, just wanting clarification/confirmation.

Added to that, how many times is an adult been in awe of the correct answers children give that make them think.... Ohh that's so simple!!

If Yeshi really existed he could have just been a genius, or just a normal kid that gave simple logical insight that children provide.

That's my take on that part.

(not im off to chat with Padawan, even though I think he may be AgarthaSeed and other active accounts that give stars and flags to his other accounts... talk about crazy person with Schizophrenia!)

Coomba98

Ummm i don't know who Padawan is, but I only have one account. I'm not really concerned with stars and flags, just here to learn and discuss.

And i may be kind of odd, but def not schizophrenic

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Hey all!

Over the years I've read up quite a bit about Gnosticism and some of the early Christian sects.
Yet, I've had trouble finding a lot of information about the Egyptian mystery schools that were around during the time of Jesus.

I feel strongly that Jesus must've attended one of these schools. Many scholars believe this, but more importantly it makes a lot of sense when you look at the metaphysics behind Jesus' teachings and how they contrast from the Jewish teachings ( and law ) at the time.

So. Does anyone have any recommended reading on this topic? It may be broad, as I'd imagine different mystery school were teaching different things. But some good leads would be nice.

Thank you!

The scriptures have no record of Yahoshua attending a "mystery" school nor does his character allude to it..he Jewish leaders knew he didn't study with them as is falsely believed.

"And the Jews marveled, saying, How knows this man letters, having never learned? Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.He that speaks of himself seeks his own glory: but he that seeks his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keeps the law? Why go you about to kill me?

Yahoshua ALWAYS says everything he does and knows is from the father not the religious doctrines of man.It is poor speculation to believe Yahoshua studied anything to know the father.He clearly stated to the Jewish leaders the futility of studying to know the creator God

"You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is these that bear witness of Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. I have come in My Father’s name,[Yahoshua] and you do not receive Me; if another shall come in his own name[the Jesus of Christianity], you will receive him".

Yahoshua knew exactly what "studying" scriptures written in a book to know the creator God does...it creates ignorance and lack of love.

You stated that Jesus attending a mystery school isn't in scripture? You will have to argue that the Nazarene community was not a mystery school but you will be wrong.

There is a chapter in the NT called Jesus HIDDEN (secret, a mysyery) life at Nazareth. Nazareth wasn't a town in Jesus day it was a religious community. Nazareth was like any mystery school, a place for learning mysteries.

Luke 2:39-40 Jesus hidden life at Nazareth. Well hidden is secret or a mystery for a reason. Why would Jesus go to live a hidden life at a religious community? Because the Nazarene community was an Israelite version of a mystery school.

It's not a well known fact, but you are incorrect. Jesus did attend a mystery school and scripture does record it.
edit on 19-4-2016 by ElementalFreeze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join