It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump warns of massive recession, martial law, riots and crime waves in U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: texasgirl

they allow tiny homes in your area?

if we (by we I mean my sons and me) get our crap together (and by that I mean mostly if my kids could) maybe two or three acres of land and well a tiny house for each of us would be nice, then well when needed, there's be plenty of space to build a larger home when they needed more space. heck for me, that small little tiny house would do nicely.

another option if one had the money to do it, would be to build a larger house, with a large kitchen and living room for all to use, but then small kitchettes, bedrooms, and baths on the four corners, with three entryways.

Funny you should ask that. I just drove by a car repair shop that had a tiny home in the parking lot. Cute, too. Looks like a log cabin.

I would look into it. Only downside is our weather is really crazy. I would hate to live in one during a tornado.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I thought of that too, we don't get tornados that often where I am at, but well, the wind has been crazy this past year. I life in a trailer with a tin roof, can't wait to be able to get out of here really. the landlady says it's anchored good but I swear that it feels like the trailer is being lifted and sounds like it's being torn apart.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

That's a very interesting read. Not only are car loan defaults high but more people are taking out 7 yr loans, instead of the traditional 4-5 yr loans, to make their pymts more affordable. That's a big warning to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
it all boils down to the fact that the service economy, which seems to be consisting on more and more minimum wage service jobs and less and less well paying jobs is inadequate to hold our economy together. so well, instead of backtracking on that idea, they instead are doubling down on it, and coming up with all kinds of gimmicks to get those minimum wage earners to buy the things that THEY WANT BOUGHT while putting themselves hopelessly into debt doing it!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, global collapse is forecast to be near term, before Trump becomes President. It is going to be difficult to stop unless we change to increase citizen disposable income.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

from the link

The world faces a growing “risk of economic derailment” and needs immediate action to boost demand,

Policymakers around the world need to take urgent action

It is not alone. The OECD on Tuesday said leading indicators pointed to easing growth in the UK, US, Canada, Germany and Japan.

Not exactly reassuring, not quite as loud as Trump, nevertheless of concern. Perspective is everything, then again the IMF usually waits for countries to near flatline, goes in lends and gets national assets for their cronies on the cheap.

Would you trust the IMF with your financial affairs?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

www.theguardian.com...

José Viñals, the IMF’s financial counsellor, said the threat of instability and recession hanging over economies including China, Brazil, Turkey and Malaysia was one of a “triad of risks” that could knock 3% off global GDP. The second, he said, was the legacy of debt and disharmony in Europe, while the third is centred on battered global markets that are more likely to transmit shocks rather than cushion the blow.

At the very least, central banks would need to remain vigilant and be prepared to increase their stimulus programmes should difficulties in emerging market countries spill over into the financial system. Addressing the prospect of an interest rate rise in the US, Viñals said there was little reason to tighten monetary policy before Christmas while inflationary pressures and wage rises remain low. “The risks of a premature tightening are greater than those of waiting two or three more months,” he said.

The warning follows a summer of turmoil in global markets triggered by China’s attempt to increase its flagging exports with a currency devaluation. The move sparked panic in stock markets, which tumbled around the world, as investors recognised for the first time the impact of China’s slowing economy. Earlier this week, the IMF downgraded its forecast for global growth in 2015 to 3.1%, which would mark the weakest performance since the trough of the downturn in 2009.

hmmm...not exactly a bed of roses?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

www.zerohedge.com...

(from video www.macrovoices.com...)

And most worryingly, for everyone, "wars are, unfortunately, a very convenient solution to a lot of the problems that governments face." Erik and Grant's conversation is must-view as they discuss:
The likelihood of a US recession
The unsustainability of global credit growth
The continuing erosion of faith in central bankers
The response to negative interest rates in Japan
The excesses promised by politicians to citizens of Western Democracies
"The Consequences of Economic Peace" Big Cyles, Kondratieff Waves,
The Laws of Nature
The similarity between current times and the lead up to WWI
Thinking about outcomes we'd rather not and assigning probabilities accordingly

Highlights include: 19:30 - “The problem that many people have is that they think that 2008 was ‘the event’ and that it cleared the brush and we’re back to a sustainable path, but nothing could be further from the truth.” 20:05 - “The glue that binds all of this together, unfortunately for everybody, is faith in central bankers.” 20:30 - “I think when you look at it and you look at the chances of these guys being able to fix this, they are very slim indeed.”

Finally, here is TTMYGH.com's Grant Williams' latest (and scariest) presentation - "Duck Test" - if it looks like a 'duck', quacks like a 'duck', and smells like a 'duck', it must be a... recession...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Scare people into submission, eh?

I wonder how many people will buy this in 2016?

well, we know 30% of republicans do....the rest of us just think he's one crazy bastard.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What's going to happen, will happen.

Panicking does nothing to help.

The global economy goes *kersplat*? So? You adjust, you adapt. You move on, just like people have been doing for untold millennia.

You don't have a car? So? Neither did my grandparents, yet somehow or other, they managed to cross a continent. No home, you learn how to build one. It won't be the Buckingham palace, but it you do it right, it'll be warm, and dry.

I'll admit, I enjoy having my car, my computer...but you know what, I don't need them.

No money? I've never had a whole lot of it anyway.

So your life becomes a bit more local. Family oriented. Things in Africa/Asia/Europe become less important to us. ...and us less important to them.

I know many of you won't agree with this take. Since I'm what's laughingly called the working poor, I won't miss many things 'cause I never had them to begin with.

A global economic collapse is, or will be, going to be rough. No two ways about it... But it's not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination.

Life, with a few/lots of adjustments, will go on. The sun will come up in the east, and set in the west. Rain will fall. People will still fall in love.

Panic/Fear profit you nothing--save raise your blood pressure.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The 2008 "crisis" was a derivative collapse remember, and all we heard before the fall was good news.

I thought it was due to sh*t-backed subprime mortgages.. what did I miss?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Not to worry so long as there is bad weather I will be here telling you about it

Yes, I have noticed the forsale signs as well perhaps a harbinger. However, I do know that 10% is a fair call in long term investment, so that would be including recession Ect. Regardless, because of the volatility I want to build a self sufficient home in the mountains and be done with the rat race, not crazy prepper style but being cognizant of the dangers- I think we all should consider these things.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well he's right about the recession. They revised Q1 GDP to .4% today from the Atlanta fed. At least he has the balls to tell the truth. Doesn't mean I like him though

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

we've had worst housing crashes than the 2008 one, and managed to recover. what made 2008 so bad was what the banks did to the mortgages afterward. those derivatives were spread all over the place, and quite frankly many were quite fraudulent from the initial appraisal or the houses involved to the incomes that were claimed, to the grading of them. robosigners on the forclosures, and well, let's just shred the hard copies of everything!!! heck we went bankrupt on ours a few years ago, I finally got irked at the bank for not taking it and leaving the maintenance and taxes for me to take care of and called my state representative. I just told the guy, I've been widowed for the past year, disabled, living on no income for most of that time, and well, at the moment, can't even mow the lawn in the place I am renting. and well, shortly after that phone call, hey, my son sent me a picture of the house, with ladders going up to the roof, the next day I got a letter that they dropped the insurance that they took out on the house and tried to charge me for because "the note has been paid".... I looked at the city's property records and they have it that I sold the house for under $20,000 dollars....
only, I didn't sell the house, and well, saw no money.... we've gotten serveral letters before where they were putting the house up for auction on a certain date, just to have them turn around and try to get us to refinance it. heck they supposed to first foreclose---- which then they have both the title and the note, joined together, and then sell it off? shouldn't their name be on that property record somewhere between us owning it and the house being sold?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Trump win of the Presidency will expose the past 8 years of economic propaganda.

Let me guess he will offer "hope and change" under a new banner, he will get the vote and you lot will spend another 8 years waiting and hoping for someone "better" to come along right ?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

is the boom of the last 10-12 years was fuelled by the Chinese buying raw materials in vast quantities.

Your comparing eggs with oranges...Revenue royalties from export does not make a banks balance sheet rosy.
Exporting huge amounts raw materials is not labour intensive, the after effects of slowdown are that the employees that are laid off will rejoin the blue collar workforce or maybe lose their houses...mines will reduce output or be mothballed.

The governments that have been addicted to the extra taxation though will find it hard to balance their books as they face the double wammy of less royalties and decreased activity in the housing sector - they make over $10,000 everytime a house is brought/sold.

Less services from the Govt and increased charges come next fiscal year.

We are in recession even though they wont say it - technically...

The problem the USA banks/corps faced in the 2008 was securitization of sub-prime mortgages, coupled with shonky ratings by S & P and Moodys, shonky counter party risk by JP Morgan

shadowproof.com...

JPMorgan has already agreed to pay $13 billion . of his bank because prosecutors are not yet certain of their findings, people familiar with the matter said. Dimon has negotiated a tentative $13 billion deal to settle many of the U.S. investigations into mortgage bonds that JPMorgan – and the banks it bought during the financial crisis – sold to investors. Finally we are talking about a fine that might sting a little. The previous fines Wall Street banks have paid have been laughable. But a $13 billion fine would be more than half of JPMorgan’s profit last year. Serious money. Though apparently JPMorgan thinks it might have to pay even more for its wrongdoing. JPMorgan has set aside a total of $23 billion to pay for legal issues, and faces more than a dozen probes globally. What kind of business needs that much money to deal with criminal investigations and lawsuits? A criminal enterprise? The fraudulent mortgage derivatives JPMorgan and other Wall Street banks sold to investors helped trigger the 2008 financial crisis when the fraudulent loans went bust and no one had enough capital to cover the losses – despite AIG providing insurance in the form of credit default swaps on the mortgage derivatives. AIG, as we all know now, was incredibly reckless and was unable to cover the derivatives it had insured. Ultimately the Too Big To Fail banks received billions from the taxpayers with TARP and over a trillion dollars from the Federal Reserve in the form of secret loans. No bankruptcies for the banks but plenty of painful foreclosures for homeowners who did nothing wrong.

As to capital adequacy...
www.rba.gov.au...

While elements of the above problems were present in Australia, they were present to a significantly lesser extent than in many other developed countries. One significant factor contributing to their absence was that the core of the Australian financial sector has remained highly profitable from lending to households and businesses with, for example, the larger Australian banks able to deliver pre-tax rates of returns on equity of well over 20 per cent for many years. Hence there was no need for these institutions to engage in any search for yield outside their traditional realm. As Australian financial institutions had minimal exposure to the securities that have beset other financial institutionsand had solid balance sheets (as documented in the FSR), there has been considerably less concern about counterparty risk in local markets.

edit on 6-4-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: xlx l

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, global collapse is forecast to be near term, before Trump becomes President. It is going to be difficult to stop unless we change to increase citizen disposable income.

Global collapse .....right......you do realize this collapse has been on the horizon for quite some time now, would suggest if you really know when it is going to happen to cash in on it

edit on 6-4-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join