It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does my light flicker while reading the bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Well maybe not me, but material wise. Everything

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Could be several possibilities. Maybe you have a lose ground or conductor. Too many resistors connected to the same branch circuit. Certain types of luminaries are known for flickering. Possibly even an issue with your service grounding conductors...does your resistance exceed 25ohms?

25 ohms... Sounds like my old mate when he was meditating..

Did you hear the one about the Buddhist cowboy? He was looking for an om on the range...
edit on 4-4-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

i googled to see anybody had anything "supernatural" happen to them while reading the bibile. not one, except me.
maybe it has to do with the fact im blotting out stuff and god is trying to scare me.

either way, i can see life like everyone else, only i feel different from everyone now then when i did before.

i remember having this feeling as a child. now it feels as if i went back in time and stayed there, or am reversing.

idk, i posted this to tell everyone what i experienced. if anybody has had similar things happen, more or less, while reading the bible then im not the only one. If not, then i am.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Banishing Ritual

The idea of a banishing ritual is seen throughout history and across the globe. Any culture that has a strong belief in malicious spirits and their ability to interact and affect the living has a type of banishing ritual. However, modern Western culture has designated most banishing rituals as a pagan custom. Spells that banish can vary greatly even from person to person. Yet, they can be relatively simple. The easiest way is to write down the problem on a piece of paper, eg (Light Flickers while reading bible) - being as concise and specific as possible. After focusing deeply on the problem written on the paper, you must burn it. Most people prefer to burn using a white candle or by lighting the paper and placing it in a white bowl to allow it to burn in a controlled setting.

Hope this helps

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
a reply to: eisegesis

Well maybe not me, but material wise. Everything

Your humility is inviting compared to the defensive remarks made by other members after making a joke at their expense. I would recommend taking the candle into a room that is almost pitch black and in a space that allows you to become fixated on the flame without any other objects in your field of vision.

This time, remember a few passages that resonate with you and read them aloud in your mind while meditating to the flame. It may take longer than you are comfortable with, but there is always something to learn when subjecting yourself to mental states such as these. If done correctly, your brain loses the ability to discern it's surroundings, which in turn causes it to begin to create it's own.

These come from an internal oasis rather than dictated by cold, hard, materialistic constructs. If you are certain that what you witnessed is caused by your actions alone, then begin to build off of them and experiment. Every person must access themselves differently, but many techniques in doing so can be shared by a wide range of similarly wired humans.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Moresby

i googled to see anybody had anything "supernatural" happen to them while reading the bibile. not one, except me.

You didn't do much of a search. Because I did a quick one and found this:

While I was in college studying religions I actually did read Revelations out load with a group. We were discussing and disecting the book. I'm not a Christian and wasn't at that point in my life either but while I was reading about the woman who flees I felt fuzzy, it's hard to describe but kinda like I almost had a lightbulb go off or something. I felt like the puzzle almost fit together but didn't.

In any case the lightbulb in our lamp actually burst. The lights went out, we all kinda freaked and then of couse we turned the lights back up and cleaned up the glass but we never talked about that and I hadn't thought about that in years. I still don't know exactly what happened that night, I don't know if it was reading revelations or if it was the situation or maybe just the light bulb got too hot. I'm sure there are thousands of logical reasonable explanations but it was just a really strange coincidence and since you asked I thought I would share.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
power cut or dodgy electrics,i would get them checked,nothing more.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

The freakiest part was, it came back on and stayed on. i thought of changing it but it hasn't turned off at all. i took a break from reading and left it on and went outside to smoke a cigarette and came back in, hoping it was dead so i could change it. it was still on.

Maybe you were falling asleep.

Sorry, just had to.....

But, aherm, in all sincerity: I'm no enemy of the supernatural and elemental unseen powers - maybe it was a sign to you to give it up. There are more important things out here than the Bible.

PS
No, really. There are.

edit on 4/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Maybe it was the masters of reality stuck off-program, warning you about potent mind control via electromagnetism, their only reliable means of communication?

Or angels flitting around?

Or demons circling in for the kill?

Or PK due to the resident demon driving you being hurt from the good vibes generated by THE good book?

Or a bad bulb or faulty wiring (metaphorical meaning, too)?

Or a total fable spun up during a slow odd news day?

"Darned" if I know...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's funny you mention this. My bedroom ceiling light has been behaving strangely for the past month or so and ONLY when I'm reading.

Though I'm not reading The Bible, but plenty of reading on metaphysics, philosophy, and perspectives on some religious scriptures.

Instead of flickering, it just goes dim out of nowhere ( theres no dimmer switch ) for a few minutes then returns to the normal brightness. Sometimes i even notice a quick red flash occasionally.

I expect plenty of jokes in return for this post, but I'm not joking about this for the record. Not scared from it, more interested in why.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Turn the bulb clockwise until it can turn no more.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
It's funny you mention this. My bedroom ceiling light has been behaving strangely for the past month or so and ONLY when I'm reading.

Though I'm not reading The Bible, but plenty of reading on metaphysics, philosophy, and perspectives on some religious scriptures.

Instead of flickering, it just goes dim out of nowhere ( theres no dimmer switch ) for a few minutes then returns to the normal brightness. Sometimes i even notice a quick red flash occasionally.

I expect plenty of jokes in return for this post, but I'm not joking about this for the record. Not scared from it, more interested in why.

How much time do you spend in that room with the light on, when you're not reading?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Because your apartment has bad wiring.....

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Maybe. Things have been happening to the point i think i shifted my reality.

Of course you have. It all makes sense now. The only rational explanation is the bible is interfering with the lights due to your reality shift.

I mean, you've done all the other things like actually *physically* check the wiring, swap the bulb around with another, read this buybull book in another room, or another house or somewhere completely different. You've flipped the house power on and off to ensure you have a no issues.

You've done all that right?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

One of the first rules in solving an equation is in removing any and all irrelevant and distracting variables.
In this case that irrelevant variable is; "while reading the bible"!
Removing it does not change the equation in any way, so what we are left with is; "why does my light flicker"?
And for that equation to be solved, we need additional information.

Dontcha remember your math class; If the train is going at three miles an hour, and the conductor's name is Steven, how far will it have gone in two hours?
You can dump the irrelevant distraction of 'Steven'! *__-

edit on 5-4-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

One of the first rules in solving an equation is in removing any and all irrelevant and distracting variables.
Removing it does not change the equation in any way, so what we are left with is; "why does my light flicker"?

Dontcha remember your math class; If the train is going at three miles an hour, and the conductor's name is Steven, how far will it have gone in two hours?

But it's not a distracting variable if what the OP says is true. The light never flickers ... except when he's reading the Bible.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

originally posted by: namelesss

But it's not a distracting variable if what the OP says is true. The light never flickers ... except when he's reading the Bible.

Seriously?
Anecdotes should be taken seriously because someone says it's true?
What if he's delusional?
Has eye trouble?
Is a religious belief-addled psychopath?
A liar?

Shall we set up a simple classic scientific experiment to determine whether the 'bible reading' is a necessary variable or not?
I imagine that I can predict the results, but, I'm always willing to do the experiment!
I have been incorrecct before, once... *__-

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Go outside during the daytime and read the Bible.

i want to see YouTube get flooded by the Sun flickering. Lol. Or better still - its' lifespan rapidly shortens and it naturally novas. Wooommmffff.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Cuz your electrical wiring is rotten to the bone. Consult an electrician before your home goes into flame!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
How about you read the Bible under a candlelight, see if it happens too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join