It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So here is a video if anyone wants to see how much black lives matter. Apparently some thug was busy posting a selfie video live on Facebook while hanging out the block when we was caught "lacking" and wound up getting himself shot several times. The interesting twist is that when he dropped his cell phone, the camera was still running and caught the shooter letting off the hot ones. This is the video.

Police Ask for Help Identifying Shooter

This would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. Police are hoping they can track down the shooter with the video. The "victim" was already charged with 2nd degree murder back in 2005, so once again, thugs shooting thugs.

Of course, the weather was really nice this weekend. Went from snowing Saturday morning to 65 degrees Sunday. Naturally, the warm weather brought out all the hoodrats to the corner. I guess they were a little rusty. 35 shot but only one fatality.

edit on 4-4-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

No parades for this guy. Rest in peace.

I am sure it was a white cop wearing a thug costume.

Stop killing each other over money. Its pathetic.

The killer goes back to his hood and waits to be killed in a year or a couple months.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Hey, he was a nice young man!...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It will be hard to get an ID with that brief shot of the camera. 2d point of the video is I really had a hard time understanding anything the guy who got shot said... Maybe my ears ? Was he speaking Chicagoese or some other language I am unfamiliar with ?

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Do black lives matter?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Here is what I heard:

"I'm a (chief?) What they say? They say they heard I was up here so they had to open the store back up for the kids though. Know what I'm sayin'? I can't be out here without the store being open...I need somewhere to duck and hide for cover. Pipe it up (music). I (unknown, sounds like "sleaze" or "steeze") so they pop the store back open for the kids."

He was eyeing up traffic and said the bit about having a place to hide so knew someone was after him IMO. I don't live very far so I thought I read the guy was alive in critical but that was like two days ago so I am not sure...

Chicago Suntimes

Chicago Police were still reviewing the two-minute video Friday as the victim remained in critical condition at Mt. Sinai Hospital after suffering multiple wounds in the barrage of shots. The Chicago Sun-Times is not using the man’s name, because he is the victim, and Chicago Police had not officially released his identity. Neighborhood residents said the man had recently moved away from the city, and had been back only a few days, perhaps just hours, when he was shot. Court records indicate the victim was no stranger to the violence on Chicago’s streets: He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder charges in a 2005 case, and was sentenced to time served after spending nearly four years in the Cook County Jail awaiting trial.

edit on 4/4/2016 by shockedonlooker because: added info

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There is a certain irony that the camera pan when all is said and done ends up focused on a "STOP" sign.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
OK I live and work in Chicago, and I'll be honest with anyone who want to ask me questions about real life stuff like this. Most of the city of Chicago is a good city that garbage is concentrated in about 5 relatively small neighborhoods, for conversation purposes, I'm a 45 year old white guy who has lived every day of his life in Chicago. I've been through all and I mean all of the different neighborhoods here , for all of that violence that we do have here that is based on a population concentration of a lot bigger than I've seen discussed here, everyone here Keeps using 3 million, that is just inside Chicago city limits there is a concentration of 9 million in what we refer to as the tristate area. But all that crime is in 5 small neighborhoods.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
OK I live and work in Chicago, and I'll be honest with anyone who want to ask me questions about real life stuff like this. Most of the city of Chicago is a good city that garbage is concentrated in about 5 relatively small neighborhoods, for conversation purposes, I'm a 45 year old white guy who has lived every day of his life in Chicago. I've been through all and I mean all of the different neighborhoods here , for all of that violence that we do have here that is based on a population concentration of a lot bigger than I've seen discussed here, everyone here Keeps using 3 million, that is just inside Chicago city limits there is a concentration of 9 million in what we refer to as the tristate area. But all that crime is in 5 small neighborhoods.

True. I've lived in Chicago 17 years. Almost all the gun violence is concentrated on the south and west side of the city. Almost all of it is gang related. Overall, the city is fairly safe and clean. Really no reason for anyone other than the people that actually live in those hoods (or dope fiends) to be in those hoods.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do black lives matter?

Only if taken by a white cop...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I lived in Chicago for 30 years. I decided 4 months ago I was done with that city, for a multitude of reasons, crime, city politics, taxes, etc.. and moving to Seattle was the best decision I've made. This city reacts bad to warm weather. Chicago had a VERY mild weather, which means more gang members are out, which means shootings/murders are at record numbers. Now, heading into this spring/summer, if we get a streak of hot hot weather, just wait for weekends with 40-60 separate shootings and multiple people wounded/murdered.. It's going to keep happening

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: DonVoigt

True. I've lived in Chicago 17 years. Almost all the gun violence is concentrated on the south and west side of the city. Almost all of it is gang related. Overall, the city is fairly safe and clean. Really no reason for anyone other than the people that actually live in those hoods (or dope fiends) to be in those hoods.

A lot of the crime you speak of is spilling over into the nicer areas. More people are dealing with strong armed robberies and muggings around Lincoln Park and nicer similar neighborhoods.. I understand that the highest concentration of violence happens in the Austin Neighborhood (west side) and south side neighborhoods like Englewood, but that crime is spilling over into better areas, which is troubling.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Good thing they have strict gun laws in Chicago, else that could have been really really bad.
edit on 2016 4 04 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I lived in Chicago for 30 years. I decided 4 months ago I was done with that city, for a multitude of reasons, crime, city politics, taxes, etc.. and moving to Seattle was the best decision I've made. This city reacts bad to warm weather. Chicago had a VERY mild weather, which means more gang members are out, which means shootings/murders are at record numbers. Now, heading into this spring/summer, if we get a streak of hot hot weather, just wait for weekends with 40-60 separate shootings and multiple people wounded/murdered.. It's going to keep happening

Glad for you and I always felt it a wise move, Jhn. Hope you're ok, and
my thoughts to all the family you and I left behind in the political meat
grinder.
They don't call it the bipartisan combine for nothing, it's always hungry
AND evil, besides being denied for the sake of populism.

I lived in the metro or burbs for approx 60 of my life life too: and just
three months ago, let go of the apron strings myself. Smelled too much
of chicken grease and gunpowder even in Elgin.

My extended family know all the problems and shrug "It's all normalizing."
So did Yugoslavia. They'll never reach a discomfort level that will save them,
sadly.

Moved right across the Big River from Ferguson/StLouis; because the
locals have more common sense about the real enemy.. scripted poverty.
The Bigs in Chicago are in no mood to destroy the cash cows and control of
people as a by-product, and the ignorance of what the chains are made of
perpetuates.

Former US House Speaker Dick A...""You can't get ahead while you're getting even."
I don't care what his politics are, Tea Party granddad or not-- he was and is right.
Case in point, look at the IL state budget. The defense rests.
edit on 5-4-2016 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2016 by derfreebie because: There is no reason for it.. it's just our policy

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Good thing they have strict gun laws in Chicago, else that could have been really really bad.

What strict gun laws? Do you mean that you can't carry on school property? Chicago's gun laws aren't very restrictive, unless you're referring to what are classified as "assault rifles." Concealed carry is perfectly legal (with a permit, which is easy to get.)

I realize it is a talking point for certain lying politicians that Chicago's gun laws are restrictive, but they're simply not. They were at one time, but not anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Chicago has only seen a 700% increase in violence from the same time last year. I think the time is well overdue for us to bring a zero tolerance to gangs and violence. If you kill or rape someone your time on this planet is done. Firing squad style.

These uneducated mf's are ruining it for everyone.

top topics

join