It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good GRIEF this is AWFUL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
O.k., I hit enter too soon.

Look, what's up with the full screen Movie ad for some zombie apocalyse?

I can't exit the damned thing! All I can do is close the tab! I can't reply to posts.......I click on the OP header, open the thread, then Boom, I'm switched to the damned ad and there's no exit, no escape, no hope!
/editby]
edit on 4-4-2016 by TonyS because: clarity

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Do you need to log in? Came up for me till I logged in.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yea I have been getting those too, I have not found a way to exit them without reloading the page as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn
I don't believe that matters, I was logged in.

link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I am logged in...........it can hit me at any time. Its making me a nervous wreck! I don't need this aggravation!

link   

originally posted by: TonyS
O.k., I hit enter too soon.

Look, what's up with the full screen Movie ad for some zombie apocalyse?

I can't exit the damned thing! All I can do is close the tab! I can't reply to posts.......I click on the OP header, open the thread, then Boom, I'm switched to the damned ad and there's no exit, no escape, no hope!
You know, I understand the idea is to make a bunch of money with the ads; you get the ad revenue; then to escape the ads you'll offer ad free content for a fee after making us as miserable as possible. I get that............its all about getting rich, getting your millions and getting your money, yourself and your loved ones out of the country as quickly as possible!

But honestly, if there isn't anyway to exit the damned ads............your going to start losing a lot of customers! That would seriously hurt your business model and escape plan!

Umm you do know S.O didnt switch over to a subscription model right? So why would he run off everyone with endless ads that cant be closed? The AD PROVIDER is responsible for th eplacement of the exit icon. just report it to S.O and hell get them to modify and or remove th e ad. sheesh.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
SO also has a running list/thread for members to complain about ads that are obnoxious too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I do know that..........I was speculating and I violated one of my own rules..........posting when extemely aggravating. That said however, it seems with a couple of these ads the provider forgot the escape button!

Maybe reload will work; I haven't tried that.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

That I didn't know.............so go ahead and close this thread for the other one.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If it is for "Fear the Walking dead" (the companion stories to TWD ran in between seasons), I clicked it out with an X in it's upper right corner.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Might I suggest useing (ctrl) + (mouse wheel) to zoom out of the page a little, the X is there, unless your zoomed into the page to much.

This was my problem, as I zoom into pages, for easier reading purposes.

-Cyg

edit on C16444309 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

edit on C16444340 by Cygnis because: Edited to remove marks

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Wow cool..........thanks......that works! I couldn't see the X.

thanks a lot!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I do know that..........I was speculating and I violated one of my own rules..........posting when extemely aggravating. That said however, it seems with a couple of these ads the provider forgot the escape button!

Maybe reload will work; I haven't tried that.

No problem. a wise man knows when he is wrong and you are a wise man. And yeah some of these ads do get bad at times.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, not only was I wrong..........I was kinda scared I'd no longer be able to use ATS because I'm using an old netbook with a small screen.

But hey........I LEARNED SOMETHING! I learned how to zoom in and out!
Thanks for that!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Good to know. I'm rather insulted by the women with the big fake buns. I don't care if they're on the internet. I just don't want that trash on my iPad or computer. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

Good to know. I'm rather insulted by the women with the big fake buns. I don't care if they're on the internet. I just don't want that trash on my iPad or computer. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
If it is for "Fear the Walking dead" (the companion stories to TWD ran in between seasons), I clicked it out with an X in it's upper right corner.
I did the same thing, the exit button is just barely visible, just the very bottom of the escape button shows, but it is there and works for me.
It only comes up when I use the search engine or go to the top stories page.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Never seen it....nor ever have such things. It you and your other site viewing and setting.

No such thing here on any of 4 devices. Sorry...its your end

(post by namelesss removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You're not allowed to block ads. Better remove that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join