It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is done, illegals will soon be able to vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Illegals aren't the only ineligible voters. You might as well say America is done because 5 year olds can vote now too.

Plus, the law is upheld...meaning not new or changed. It continues to be the same as it has been until now.

The law means every citizen regardless of voter status - meaning ex criminals, children, and non-registered people are REPRESENTED in the government. Every citizen counts even if they can't actually vote.

The problem being looked at is that in dividing the districts up evenly, regardless of the number people actually voting, you could have districts where only 10 people out of 100 could vote. In another district, there might be 90 out of 100 that can vote. The group that took it to the Supreme Court says that this can mean that the 10 voters in the first district have "more voting power" than the 90 of another district. The court says this isn't the case because every voter has 1 vote, and keeping all people counted in the total no matter if they can vote means everyone is represented. So they are saying the current law represents everyone equally and all voters count equally.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

True, this has been the case and law already, but many American citizens have become frustrated with Democrats recently allowing so many illegals to manage to stay within the USA. Illegals immigrants, children, and prison populations have increased greatly in the past decade.

This is false.

Illegal immigration rose from the Reagan years, through Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43 and right up until the economy tanked. 2007 was actually a high point at 12+ million. The illegal immigrant population has actually been holding pretty steady at somewhere around 11.3-11.5 million by most estimates.

Pew Research - 5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S.

There were multiple attempts made at immigration reform during the Bush years with bipartisan support and the support of President Bush (Bush 43) which included a path to citizenship for those already in the country. More recently, you may be familiar with the bipartisan "Gang of 8" in the Senate (4 Democrats, 4 Republicans) which again tried to pass comprehensive immigration reform (and which Rubio was repeatedly criticized for being part of during his campaign).

As for the electoral college, that's a more complex issue. I don't much like the idea that Wyoming has 3 electoral votes with a population of under 600,000 while the state I reside in, New Jersey, has a population of about 9 million and 14 electoral votes — in other words we have 15x the population and less than 5x the electoral votes which means that the average Wyoming voter's vote counts more than 3x as much as mine. The result is that the electoral college is effectively stacked in favor of "conservative" voters.
edit on 2016-4-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

5 year olds are citizens they will be legal voters at 18.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Krazyshot is right, people here illegally aren't getting the right to vote. Not soon, either.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This thread should be moved or closed.

The OP was clearly mistaken. And due to pride, or whatever, he chooses not to acknowledge this.

Everyone else in the thread seems to understand the facts relayed in the article.

There are debatable points around this issue. But the thread isn't confronting them. So there seems to be no legitimate debate going on in this thread. It's just the OP defending an incorrect position.

Anyway, Mods should consider closing this thread or moving it to the Hoax forum.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

No I don't think so.

I'm fully aware of what's going on.

I made my case perfectly clear and based my position on facts not feelings sorry.

plenty of people understood perfectly clear what is being is said and if you read my responses in the thread you'll understand why I feel that way.
edit on 4/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I am not sure why you don't understand unless you are just trying not to at this point.

Fact - The Supreme Court says the law stays the same, unchanged. What was law yesterday continues to be law tomorrow.

If you think illegals will eventually be ale to vote, nobody is arguing that point.

People just want you to understand that this specific court case does not make it any more or less possible than it was before the ruling.

Nobody is saying your opinion of the future status of illegals is wrong, but your use of this case to prove it doesn't make sense based on the fact nothing is changing.
edit on 4-4-2016 by BarefootInWinter because: Spelling

link   

Hello. Its not about letting the Chinese vote. Its about diluting the remaining Anglo vote in Texas so the Hispanics and the Democrats can take over. That's really all it is. It's about redistricting. You'd still have to be a citizen to vote, although......I'm sure in the Urban areas that isn't really enforced.

link   
a reply to: darkbake

How do you know that?

Seems to me like our policies and actions are speaking differently otherwise why is there 11.5 million illegals here in the first place?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

vil rights groups were concerned that re-constructing electoral districts would have damaged Latino political influence

Did you read the article?

Why do they have political influence?

Once again FROM THE ARTICLE

For those of you who aren't paying attention or are willfully remaining ignorant.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
The biggest problem with this country is that most people don't know how to comprehend a story.

I think the op needs to take a break from the news or so called news for a bit and spend some time camping.

right because that will do so much to change the situation america is in.
edit on 4-4-2016 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Look at my post above they are totally ignoring what's in bold letters at the top of the article to sit here and say I'm making things up.

It's like the MSM blaming everything on Trump regardless of what's going on.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Look, I don't care one way or another. Its a lost cause, but surely you realize that with the Motor Voter laws in places like California, they are automatically regeristing undocumented aliens to vote.....automatically. All they have to do is provide whatever forged documents are necessary to complete the drivers license application. So, yea.....they'll be voting.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Their position is getting weaker by the minute.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Oh totally agree.

The two party system working to make America a better place for everyone.

Nope just more manipulation to gain more votes regardless of what happens to the citizens.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

5 year olds are citizens they will be legal voters at 18.

But, they are not yet. Changing the law so you no longer count children as part of a district means you could have one district that is full of families with 4 times the population of a retirement community who would each be a an equal district if you just counted voters. If you can not see the problems that would arise from that then I can not help you. You count all people because not just voters use the roads, pay rent or mortgages, pay sales tax, need police and fire protection, go to school etc.

This is law as it always been. Guess what illegals do not vote, babies do not vote, felons do not vote, people in coma's do not vote etc. Nothing changes because of this ruling. The change would have occurred if the ruling has said yes change the way districts are counted. I do not know how to make this any simpler for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Children are still legal citizens.

If ten million Chinese people move into Texas should Texas have an equevilent amount of delegates to match the population?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

edit on 4/4/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The article was about a challenge, in regard to Texas Senate districts, as to how district voting boundaries are drawn. The 2 people who brought the case live in a rural area and stated they believed city dwellers would have less eligible voters, yet more people, so their needs would be met before smaller populations. The supreme court declined to change how this is done there. The decision was based on not changing what is already in place.

The OP has misread the article and jumped to an unrelated conclusion.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Wow, this is huge.

We are betrayed.

There is no point in paying taxes. Denounce your citizenship and just stay here.

Use it against them.

Its an option. Keep what you earn. Get free stuff.

Sounds great.

edit on 4 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join