It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore & NY Attorney General Launch ‘AGs United For Clean Power’ Coalition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Looks like a bunch of State Attorneys General are ready to go after any company that attempts to "deny" the climate change agenda.

Must be some big money involved if Al Gore is present.

A group has emerged calling itself "AGs United for Clean Power".

Seems all of the people involved are Democrats too.

Perhaps this is part of the Obama/U.N. agreements signed recently.

They have millions of people to convince and I bet they end up burning more than their share of fossil fuels in the long term process.

AGs United for Clean Power

The Clean Power Plan and the climate fight just gained some important new allies.

Former US Vice President and Chairman of The Climate Reality Project Al Gore joined New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman in New York March 29, to announce a coalition aimed at aggressively protecting the recent progress the US has made in combatting climate change. Lauded by Vice President Gore as “the best, most hopeful step in years” in this effort, the AGs United for Clean Power coalition brings together attorneys general from 25 states, territories, cities and counties to explore ways to jointly support the fight against climate change.

One such tactic includes facilitating ongoing and potential joint investigations into whether fossil fuel companies and industry groups mislead the public about the dangers of climate change or the viability of renewable energy resources.

2nd story compares this to the Spanish Inquisition !!!! ..
16 Democrat AGs Begin Inquisition Against ‘Climate Change Disbelievers’

? Who will lose the most from this ?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who will lose? Well, to begin with there's a RICOH lawsuit against ExxonMobil, I believe, claiming they knew they were contributing to global warming.

Who will lose? Hundreds of thousands of ExxonMobil retirees and annuitants.
Who will win? The lawyers.

As for the AG's offices set to prosecute?

Who will lose? The tax payers that will have to pay for the lawsuits.
Anyone using electricity.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I don't want to go to jail for being a skeptic.

Therefore I will change my stance on man made climate change.

I think we need to raise taxes, push for a one-world government, have 10/gallon gas, and raise our electricity rates by 1,500%.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Claude Walker is not a Democrat.

Someone should let dailysignal know this annoyance of fact.

Who will lose the most?

Must we ask questions we already know the answers too?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Claude Walker is not a Democrat.

Someone should let dailysignal know this annoyance of fact.

Who will lose the most?

Must we ask questions we already know the answers too?

Is he a Republican?

Good catch if he is.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Good for them.

More power to 'em.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not a bad thing. If this is what it takes to get rid of outdated technology like Oil and combustion engines, Coal powered plants, fracking etc. So be it.

There is a demand--supply and demand and there is a way--We have the technology to have 100% of our cars be electric and 100% of our houses to have solar power on em and we could get 100% of the energy we use from Solar and wind.
edit on 4-4-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Not a bad thing. If this is what it takes to get rid of outdated technology like Oil and combustion engines, Coal powered plants, fracking etc. So be it.

There is a demand--supply and demand and there is a way--We have the technology to have 100% of our cars be electric and 100% of our houses to have solar power on em and we could get 100% of the energy we use from Solar and wind.

Funnily enough cars had the technology to run on clean energy all the way back when they were invented, but we can thank Henry Ford for mass producing the Model T and dooming the electric car to obscurity. At least until we as humans realized that combustion engines are harmful to the environment.

The History of the Electric Car

As electric vehicles came onto the market, so did a new type of vehicle -- the gasoline-powered car -- thanks to improvements to the internal combustion engine in the 1800s. While gasoline cars had promise, they weren’t without their faults. They required a lot of manual effort to drive -- changing gears was no easy task and they needed to be started with a hand crank, making them difficult for some to operate. They were also noisy, and their exhaust was unpleasant.

Electric cars didn’t have any of the issues associated with steam or gasoline. They were quiet, easy to drive and didn’t emit a smelly pollutant like the other cars of the time. Electric cars quickly became popular with urban residents -- especially women. They were perfect for short trips around the city, and poor road conditions outside cities meant few cars of any type could venture farther. As more people gained access to electricity in the 1910s, it became easier to charge electric cars, adding to their popularity with all walks of life (including some of the “best known and prominent makers of gasoline cars” as a 1911 New York Times article pointed out).

Many innovators at the time took note of the electric vehicle’s high demand, exploring ways to improve the technology. For example, Ferdinand Porsche, founder of the sports car company by the same name, developed an electric car called the P1 in 1898. Around the same time, he created the world’s first hybrid electric car -- a vehicle that is powered by electricity and a gas engine. Thomas Edison, one of the world’s most prolific inventors, thought electric vehicles were the superior technology and worked to build a better electric vehicle battery. Even Henry Ford, who was friends with Edison, partnered with Edison to explore options for a low-cost electric car in 1914, according to Wired.

Yet, it was Henry Ford’s mass-produced Model T that dealt a blow to the electric car. Introduced in 1908, the Model T made gasoline-powered cars widely available and affordable. By 1912, the gasoline car cost only $650, while an electric roadster sold for $1,750. That same year, Charles Kettering introduced the electric starter, eliminating the need for the hand crank and giving rise to more gasoline-powered vehicle sales.

edit on 4-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
More power to them ?

When will they start 'prosecuting' China eh ?

The largest polluters in the world.

There are no 'gains' made by the church of climatology.

With exception of putting millions out of work, and making energy costs higher.

What a joke.

Even funny with AL Gore and the millions he made off his APPLE stock in CHINA.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It get's better.

CUPERTINO, California—March 19, 2003—Apple® today announced that Albert Gore Jr., the former Vice President of the United States, has joined the Company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Gore was elected at Apple’s board meeting today.

www.apple.com...

Think them 'AG' are gonna prosecute Apple ?

Yea right!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
More power to them ?

What a joke.

Why do you always have to bring in what others are doing? That makes no sense.

We're talking about the USA here. We're not children who cry about bedtimes or eating healthy or playing video games. All of the Cars in USA could run on electric...all of our buildings could produce their own power...all of our electric could be clean and it's not just about clean but polluting our own air and drinking water. No need to do it. Cut our dependence on foreign oil. We could cut ties with Saudi Arabia forever. NO more wars for oil, like IRAQ and the thousand of United States Military killed and wounded...for oil.

We should do this because it's smart and not cry about what China is doing. China will do whatever China wants to do. You're probably the guy that complains about everything and never takes personal responsibilty for his own actions. There are no excuses, the only person you owe an explanation to is yourself. Start taking responsibility for your own life. And let's start taking responsibility for our country.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Because what others ARE DOING matters.

Unless the church of climatology controls the entire planet. There have been NO gains made.

We're not children who cry about bedtimes or eating healthy or playing video games.

Could have fooled me.

Running around with hair all on fire screaming the Planet is out ta git us!
edit on 4-4-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
And to state the OBVIOUS.

Climate change isn't even the JOB of the DOJ.

That is tasked to the EPA.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Because what others ARE DOING matters.

Unless the church of climatology controls the entire planet. There have been NO gains made.

I just laid out the gains for you. We no the air pollution and smog can be heavily localized. We have smog in some of our bigger cities here in the US. That's called air pollution from combustion engines and coal burning power plants etc.

Solar and wind stops that. Electric cars stop that.

Then I talked about cutting ties with Saudi Arabia. Our oil overlords. Saudi Arabia where all the worlds terrorism comes from. Then I talked about no more wars for Oil like IRAQ. Would it be nice to not have thousands of our military killed and injured for oil?

Again, sure it matters to a degree, but we have to do what's right for the USA and that means getting rid of old technologies like combustion engines, fracking, coal burning power plants etc. We have the demand and we have the technology and means to do it.

Yet you cry about China. LOL

OH and just to add. Almost every single scientist, University science department and Scientific organization and association is telling me that Global warming is happening and being caused by man. I wouldn't call that Church, I'd call that listening to actual scientists. Do some research and you'll see. I'm not making that up.
edit on 4-4-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't have anything against clean energy do you?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah since that's where those solar panels, and electric cars, and 'batteries' are made using FOSSIL FUELS.

Golf Clap.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yeah since that's where those solar panels, and electric cars, and 'batteries' are made using FOSSIL FUELS.

Golf Clap.

You live in a weird world where there are no technological advances? You can't see the benefit of creating a solar panel that can provide energy indefinitely even if it's made using electricity from fossil fuels? You don't see any benefit from Solar power or wind power or electric cars? You don't see any benefit from cutting ties with Saudi Arabia? You like funding terrorism? You don't see any benefit from reduced smog and emissions? You don't see any benefit from stopping fracking which causes earthquakes, sinkholes and pollutes our drinking water with chemicals they won't even tell us about? You don't see the benefit of no more Iraq wars?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You don't see any benefit from Solar power or wind power or electric cars?

Not when they are made using fossil fuels defeats the purpose doesn't it.

And alternative energy depends on the CLIMATE to work.

Which is about as asinine as it gets after all since it's 'changing'.

There is a REASON fossil fuels is king.

Works 24/7 regardless of the weather.

And there is nothing that is cheaper.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And one more to grow on.

Seems these people got their wish.

Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

More power to them ?

What a joke.

Yes, more power to 'em. I/we cannot control China so the only thing we can do is try to change the way we do things.

We need to change the way we do things. There are no "gains" is doing the same thing over and over and denying scientific information because of a political ax you find worthy of grinding.

And that is what this is about. Politics. Our future is currently held hostage by political hacks that can't seem to peep their heads out of their foxholes to see that the world is evolving and we need to evolve with it. That not only applies to climate change issues, but to tech as well.

Quit holding me back, Neo. I'm getting tired of it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join