It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Share Our Synchronicity and Weird "Coincidences" Stories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Is it karma? Does it mean you are in tune with the universe? Do you follow your gut instinct a lot? Would you consider yourself "sensitive"? Whatever the reasoning, a lot of people - some more than others- experience synchronicity regularly, some even on a daily basis.
There are a lot of threads on the subject, so I won't go into trying to explain why this happens, and how.

I am one of those folks, who experience it on a regular basis. I must add that I also have been meditating for over 2 decades, now, am a firm believer in always following your intuition, and have dreams sometimes that turn out to come true. Now I don't know if those things contribute to me having a lot of synchronicities in my life or not, I just thought it was interesting enough to mention.
I'd also like to mention that this phenomenon seems to be happening more often if I do something good for someone, or help someone without asking for anything in return, perhaps karma could have a thing to do with it, if you believe in karma.

So, why not have a thread where we can share our experiences with synchronicity, and see where it leads us?

It could be fun, could be in interesting, and perhaps lead us to learn/ understand more on the subject.
Plus , I always enjoy reading these kind of stories, and know that others do too.

May I ask that you please leave all negativity behind, and only post if you actually have some stories to share?
Thank you.

I'll start with a couple to get the ball rolling:

I was thinking of a friend whom I hadn't spoken to in almost half a year. The moment I was thinking of her, she messaged me asking me how I was doing, and apologizing for not keeping in touch. This has happened to me many times over the years, that I would think of someone, and they would call/ or message me the same time I thought of them.
----------------------------------------------------
I was watching a cooking show about Italian food once, it was interesting and I found myself thinking about a relative who had recently passed away, and I missed her dearly. My heart started to ache at the thought of her not being around anymore. Her specialty, having a Hungarian background was Hungarian cooking. All of a sudden the program changed on the TV, and the same person started talking about how she loved also to cook Hungarian food, and how she would show us some recipes on the next show....coincidence ? I think not. It had nothing to do with the Italian pasta she was cooking, and made me feel like my passed-on relative was letting me know , that she was doing fine.

---------------------------------------------------

I had a brand new iPad cover, I bought before Christmas as a treat. It was in my favorite color, and I was happy to have found it. Unfortunately it broke a week after purchasing, it ripped. So I threw it away, and didn't mention it to anyone, besides I always kept the iPad at home, so no one ever saw it. Come Christmas I received the same cover, same color from a friend. Needless to say I laughed and told him the whole story, and I took better care of this cover this time. He joked about him being a psychic but I think synchronicity was showing its face again.
---------------------------------------------------

I had broken my watch once, and the next day a coworker came with a box in his hand. He wanted to gift me a brand new watch, because he had gotten it as a gift but didn't like it. I was shocked and told him how I had just broken mine the previous day at home, whilst fixing something in the kitchen.
---------------------------------------------

I was once on my way to visit an old friend, when I called her and asked her if she needed anything from the supermarket. She said she had everything. While walking , I had this strong feeling that she had run out of her favorite coffee brand, but didn't know it. So I went to the supermarket and bought one for her. When I arrived she was telling me how she wished I had called her a few minutes later, because she double checked and it turned out she was in fact out of her favorite coffee. I gave her the coffee, and she was happy and curious. We had an interesting conversation about synchronicity.
-------------------------------------

I was in my friend's car, we were driving to work. I told him about the recent passing of a dear relative of mine, and how much I missed her, and was wondering if she was okay. The radio was on, the tune stopped playing and the man on the radio said that the next song was from Claire (my passed on relative had the same name) and that she wanted so and so to know that she was happy and over the moon now. I smiled from ear to ear.
-----------------------------------

I was once walking away from the butcher's, and had spent / bought more than I expected, so was short on cash, and needed to head home to get some more money to buy vegetables/fruits from the market. I walked through the park , and whilst walking I found 20$ on the ground, near the grass. It was the same amount I wanted to get from my apartment. I looked around, for a while, but none was there, so I took it as a gift from above and finished my shopping.
--------------------------------------
I have had too many of these incidents happen to me, too many to mention here, or even remember them all, but I will come back later and add more if folks are showing interest.
I'd love to read your stories, please share.

Wishing Everyone a Happy Monday,

edit on 4-4-2016 by Harut because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2016 by Harut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I too have had many synchronised story's and situations to name or remember but ill share a few i can think of off the top of my head.

About 10 years ago i was down on my luck and was made homeless for reasons i wont get in to. But i was walking around my town centre depressed and thinking on my situation and who i could possibly ask to stay at so i had a temporary roof over my head. I was thinking of memories of an old childhood friend i hadn't seen for years and the good times we had. Now i was going to head to the town centre library and the point at which i was walking i had to pass around a big shop, of which i had 2 ways to go to reach the same destination. I was walking to take the left route around the building when all of a sudden i had a strong feeling to turn around and take the right path route instead. Being one to follow my instincts i turned around and followed the right route only to bump into the very same childhood friend i was thinking of moments before. Needless to say we talked and he put a roof over my head. We lived together for 2 years

Another time i was wagging school with friends on a hot summers day. We all decided to go to the trainstation and jump a train to the beach for the day. When we had been though about 8 stops i had a strong feeling to get off at the next stop, i felt pure fear and anxiety for no reason so i told my friends about it and they said i was being paranoid because we had not paid for train tickets. I said i dont care, im still getting off and going to get a train back to our home city. They all decided to follow my lead and get off the train as most kind of looked up to me. After 20minutes of being off the train and waiting for our next train it was announced on the inercoms that the train we had been on had a very bad crash and that it was causing delays. I seen the very next day on the news that the train was smashed to pieces and i think if we had stayed on we would all of been seriously injured or worse!

I have many more i could share, the above are all true and ive always followed my instincts for better or worse. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share some experiences OP

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What makes it all even weirder is that every event that happened in your life is exactly what you wanted to happen before you were born.

This is what the Matrix is. Its just the same sequence of spiritual events with slight alterations for every generation that goes through the process of reincarnation.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is the weirdest thing that has happened in my life and some 10 years later I still can't get my head around it.

I once tried to call a friend called Darren.. After ringing the number an unfamiliar voice answered. I asked for Darren and the voice claimed to be be him, which I know wasn't. But he was adamant and knew info about me.
I thought someone was joking around, So I played along.
As it transpired, it was a guy called Darren I knew but I had dialled the number incorrectly and believe it or not called someone I actually knew with the same name as the person I was trying to call..

A Really bizarre and random thing to happen, the odds on that must be millions to 1..

edit on 4/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Harut

I was on a summer camp in New York and was asking a lot of people what was the best book they had read as most were reading in their spare time and i wantrd a good book to read so the number 1 book by many was Dune the sci fi novel which i had not heard of at that time.
So fast forward to 3 of us touring America via Greyhound bus after summer camp ended and my friend happened to mention Dune was the best book he had ever read and so i was saying i really need to get that book.The next morning we were asleep and the bus broke down so they got us to transfer onto another,i half still asleep stumbled onto the next bus and crashed out in a window seat and felt something under my left foot but was too tired to check it out,when i finally woke up i said to my friend what the hell is this as i reached down i felt a book and pulled it up and it was the book Dune,my friend had a look of shock on his face and accused me of planting it there.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

What a wonderful idea! I love your post. You sound like a kindred spirit. I have two longish but unbelievable stories to share when I get my office set up again, so please look for them in a week or so!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'v had the tele---phone thing happen to me on a occasion, the money from heaven thing, the most compelling are the life saving things.

I was stopped at a light at a two way intersection, there was a car next to me, we were both first, waiting for the light to change. I always watch the light, pulling off when it turns green.

This time it turned green and I just sat and stared at it for a bit, when, zoom… a car sped by running the light across the front of my car. Had I gone as usual, a horrific t bone would have resulted as the car was moving fast as a blur.

Me and the other guy at the light looked at each other slack jawed, he had apparently been dawdling too. Nobody behind us honked, either. It was weird.

Always remember this 'intervention'. Not synchronous at all, nice to know 'someone' is watching your back.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Fascinating stories guys, please keep them coming.

ClownFish

Thank you. I'm looking forward to reading your stories. I tend to keep this thread an ongoing one, so I can keep reading stories, and posting my own after they happen. I also have more that happened in the past, but a lot of them are like intrptr said, the type where I receive money from heaven, just when I needed it.

And others are usually help or items being offered/ given to me as gifts, right after mine disappeared or broke.

intrptr
Thanks for sharing. Not related to this thread but your post made me remember something. After my grandfather passed away, I kept finding old coins in the weirdest places of my home. In shoes, on pillows, etc. My grandfather had a coin collection, so I knew it was him letting me know he was fine, and still here.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

What makes it all even weirder is that every event that happened in your life is exactly what you wanted to happen before you were born.

How nice, I'm not alone in my thinking. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

How cool. I asked my Mom if she could bring me a coin and the next morning there was a nickel sitting on my Ipad.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hmm I love this topic and subject, I have a few big ones but I'm not really comfortable sharing them here. I will share this though more than a decade ago I foolishly (and my lesson was learned) decided to drive home after a long night of drinking on New Years Eve. I was hammered and fuming angry about an incident earlier in the evening that caused me for no good reason to become irrationally upset with my best friend of years. I was so angry and drunk that I tried to fight him to which I'm glad he wanted no part in as he being relatively sober to my sloshed he would have demolished me. In the process of trying to fight him I ripped a shirt that was a gift from the girl he' was dating at the time (still feel like a big a hole about that night).

I eventually realize that my attempts to fight him are not very successful and he calls another ride as he was originally riding with me. So a short distance from my house (less than a mile) I angrily sped home and coming into the apex of a really sharp curve (yellow warning sign type) I black out and go off the road hitting a small embankment. About this time I briefly come to and with a overwhelming sense of panic thinking "Oh F**K I'm dead"as all that I could see around the care were branches or foliage. I guess the fear of watching a tree crash right through my face was enough to cause me to black back out.

Well I come to and I realize the car is on its side and after a quick pat down and check of myself I realize that I am unscathed (wasn't wearing a seat belt either). So I had to use my legs to kick the car door open which is really difficult with the weight of it and gravity working against you. I crawl out of the car (completely sober or at least comparatively to where I was pre crash). So it turns out that I must have mashed my leg into the accelerator when I passed out the first time and the car had enough speed that it went airborne and landed in a very large evergreen (Christmas type) tree. The tree basically caught the car and slowed its descent back to the ground.

Looking at my car in a state of shock and panic I hear sirens and like in a cartoon a light bulb went off in my head. I knew immediately police were on the way and it was friday and I absolutely did not want to sit in jail all weekend until I could see the commissioner on Monday. There was no one else or any property damage involved in the wreck so I ran through the woods on my home stretch of road, I had lived there for years. Now running through the woods I fall one leg deep into a creek (its like 30 degrees out), run into some old low strung barbwire that flips me over face first and ran into branches scratching my face all up. I run to a nearby friends house, I'm so paranoid that the police will somehow find out where I was that I called my friend whom I tried to fight earlier in the evening. He comes and picks me up (and makes me lay down in the back of the truck, I'm filthy) takes me home to his place and gives me some clothes and lets me sleep on the couch and drops me off at home (where a Sheriffs business card is waiting for me) in the morning.

I get in touch with the investigating officer who it turns out is the husband of the lady cop that gave me my first and only DUI whose last name is the same as the beer I had been drinking all that night that she pulled me over (not comfortable throwing the name out here). So to close out an already long story I ended up with a $150 ticket and 2 points on my license due to the wording of the law and the actual events that could be proved based on the available evidence.

Oh and my birthday is 8/1/81 which is also the same day MTV very first premiered. Not sure if that is the reason that quite often I will be thinking of a song and turn the radio on or turn the station and that song will be playing. I've always got a kick out of that and Fun Fact for the people: the first video to ever air on MTV was "Video Killed the Radio Star" quite fitting I think. My initials are also fun but I'm not posting those here but I am a third which makes the initials all the more fun.

Oh and just so you all know I learned a very valuable lesson about life and synchronicity that night. I no longer drink and drive and my connection with that friend is still alive and stronger than it has ever been. We even got stationed in the same town when we enlisted in the military. All 4 years both of us stayed stationed there and it was a god send to have your home town best friend in a place like where we were. I also realized after that night that I was meant to do something in this life and I don't know what that is yet but I have survived some crazy isn in my life and I'm grateful for all of it and the lessons I have learned about life. Sometimes you have to do stupid things to learn and become wiser its just a matter of if you survive that stupidity and actually learn from you. Hope y'all enjoyed my tale it is certainly one of the crazier things that has ever happened to me that I'm willing to talk about.

edit on 4-4-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

That must have been one hell -awful night!!!!
I'm glad you got off unharmed, (no seat belt? a miracle you survived in itself), and yes, I think if you would have fought with your friend then perhaps things wouldn't have ended up the way they did.

This way he ended up saving your butt from a weekend in jail, and you guys ended up together in the military.
I'd keep that guy a friend for life.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: Rapha

How nice, I'm not alone in my thinking. Thanks.

How scary, I wasn't thinking when I was alone!...but I have the best mate a soul could long for so it makes the rest worth it, if that's what it took.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I actually just registered recently because I get the synchronicity thing a lot too, and wanted to share a recent experience. As I said, it happens a lot, so I stopped believing in coincidence. As it happpens, I'm no longer really surprised when it happens anymore either. It's just an indicator of some kind. Maybe this thread will shed some light on that. I have to go to work now, but i'll come back and share my experience tonight.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Many years ago I moved to a new part of town and was looking for a new job closer to home, so I bought a newspaper and went to a coffee shop to look at the help wanted ads. As I sat on the coffee shop patio circling potential job leads, I looked over the top of my paper to see a business right in my line of work just across the parking lot. I walked across the lot and went inside, introducing myself as just the person they needed to help run the place. The owner took one look at the newspaper under my arm and said, "That's funny, our ad wasn't supposed to be in the paper until tomorrow."

"It isn't," I replied.

They interviewed me and hired me on the spot before their help wanted ad even hit the newspaper the next day.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That made my jaw drop coz I had the same exact thing happen once!

I also had an interesting car accident, nothing bad, just a fender bender:
to make a long story short, I had made an illegal u-turn and I knew it wasnt a good idea but I did it anyways, got hit by a car, but it was my fault since that u-turn was illegal and in a bad spot. Got out of the car, walked around to look at the damage, looked at the other car and low and behold, the license plate said: UTURN
lol

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
When I was 15 I lived way out in the country. Five miles from the nearest town. As country as country gets. We took a bus to school and it took quite a while as the school was roughly 15 miles from the house, half of it on dirt roads. During that trip one morning, a girl asked me if I liked Cindy (A girl whom we shared a birthday together......born like 4 hours apart). I said I didn't know, so the girl, I think it was her cousin, pulls a quarter out of her purse and says : "Call it.....s you like her, tails you don't". I called tails and it turned up tails. I said no, wait a minute, I was wrong. The girl, squinting: I knew it as she moved closer into my seat......So I called heads.....it turned up heads. No...THAT'S wrong, she said.....call it again. I called heads.....it was heads. "That's three in a row, you're on a roll". "You want to go riding with her?". Heads called and heads it was.That's when we starting drawing a bit of a crowd. It went on like that for the next ten minutes or so. Not the questioning, but.......every call was right. By the time we got to school the girl didn't really care anymore whether I liked Cindy or not, she was too freaked out about all those odds that got broken. And me? I was too stoned to care either way. I was surprised by what happened, but too numb to show it.

That was first time something like that happened and me and Cindy did take horse rides together, but it wasn't because of that. It's because we liked each other on the level of two 15 year olds liking each other. Things like that happen, it's a part of life, but what can you really do with it? I'm used to it so I just roll with it. Questioning it isn't going to make you smarter or more in tune because any answer is going to be subjective at best, so you just let it be what it is. Yes, my instincts serve me well and yes, that little 10 minute coin toss may have gotten the ball rolling on that, but what else can you do? It's a part of life you can't explain so I don't try. I just accept it.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

After my grandfather passed away, I kept finding old coins in the weirdest places of my home. In shoes, on pillows, etc. My grandfather had a coin collection, so I knew it was him letting me know he was fine, and still here.

Wow, inheritance from beyond. Either that or the main stash is somewhere n the house, in the walls or buried in the backyard.

(?)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Haha, if only you had been warned ahead of time… oh well, lesson learned anyway. Don't be in a too fired hurry…

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The pattern here is that synchronicity is always related to what you were focused on, it's not random.

Knowing this, I purposely choose what I focus on, and the results are what the kids are calling magic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join