It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange fun of having a deer carcass in your front yard....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
We have two Belgian Mali's... they were chomping at the bit to investigate.

Nice. They have the look of a no nonsense attack dog.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Unless you have seen close up what a Belgian can do, don't knock the breed. My Roo can EASILY plow down an NFL linebacker. She will lick herself after, but put him on his ass first

edit on 4-4-2016 by madmac5150 because: Consonant substitution

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I posted a thread after the movie "Max" came out. Belgians are not family dogs. They are working dogs. Our Belgians would rather die,than have anything happen to us, ... but, thy are A LOT of work!!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Hmm, I don't know about that. There have been many dogs here in Colorado who have been fairly well messed up by mountain lions, some live, most do not.

This includes the Belgian Malinois. In fact there is a thread on another website where a friend posts about the dog (a female) being critically wounded.

I have seen a 90 lb mountain lion take down a 700lb bull elk, so I don't think I would put money on your beautiful canine companions.

Save yourself the emotional and financial anguish of having your family members messed up or killed, and keep them indoors while the big cats are around.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Ah the wonderful cycle of life, revolving around the exchange of chemical compounds between the eaten, and the eater.

It is odd how something so literally visceral can also have a stark beauty to it.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Two belgian malis? I bet they keep you on tabs. We have one (14years) and still, she´s still like TNT when it comes to play/action/walking. Fully trained (Sch3) of course. I would also have left the carcas there.

It´s true, a friend of ours had a mali that went off hunting a rabbit, came back with the rabbit and a 1m long wooden stick in it´s chest. If they are in instinct/drive mode, they´re unstoppable. You should see the pictures of her doing protection service training. 30kg coming in around 50km/h -flying- into the man.
She´s getting all gray and old now but still you can see the fire in her eyes.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

True in terms of not a family dog if in untrained hands.
The only danger I see towards a child from my dog is that she will run it over because she´s so happy to see one.
They can be very protective and friendly, if you just know the signs when you better leave her alone.

But that´s true with every dog. On the other hand, my sister had a rottweiler. Such a frightful thing, you could not even touch her without her showing signs of appease by licking her mouth or ducking down.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Ah the wonderful cycle of life, revolving around the exchange of chemical compounds

hummm chemicals!!!

yummy

------------

Someone once burned a dead cow near my house and the only thing i saw was a huge green pool of rotten cow inside of what was left, it smelled yummy too, like a mile away

edit on 4-4-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Amazing ,wildlife at your door front. .

Next time film the whole thing place it on YouTube with some neat national geographic speech to it..

You will definitely score some viewers

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Burning an animal sends most wildlife running, because the smell can mean a forest or brush fire is imminently approaching.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If you love your dog, and fancy yourself a responsible owner, don't try and find out how quickly it would get its neck broken by a wild cat.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

also over 1/3rd of the worlds " imaginary friend " alledgedly likes the smell of burning animals YMMV

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

it never ceases to amaze me he " super powers " that deluded fanboy owners will attribute to thier dogs

fortunatly - i am a dog lover too - so would not stoop to the obvious lesson of throwing your pet in a pit with a mountain lion and watching the carnage [ your dog will loose - despite your delusions ]

i will be simply happy to see the photos of the carcass being carrioned

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The "My pet is a superhero" is pretty common in my experience too, but it doesn't just happen with dogs. My friend had a pet ferret that he would swear up and down would beat anything from a cat to a coyote. He had it running around his yard out in the country one day and we spotted a hawk up in a tree staring at the ferret like it was a pizza, I warned him about it and he just laughed and said his ferret would kill that hawk as soon as the hawk took it to its nest (but still didn't get very far away from his ferret).

It does seem to be the most common with dog owners though, most commonly owners of dogs that have a "fighting" reputation. I think it's kinda the same thing you get when a proud father has a son in wrestling or martial arts, had a couple decent matches and now Dad thinks his kid as a bad ass.

That said, a 80 pound cougar would make short work of an 80 pound dog in most cases... but two or three 80 pound dogs might might give the cougar a run for its money with their pack hunting tactics.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Dude, Moose,...Impala.
You just reminded me of the tv series Supernatural.

Weird and interesting story btw.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Cool dogs. I think the Secret Services use them to protect the white house.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I take a lot of photos of the wildlife around my property and my camera saves them as big files as well. I usually take the photo I want and drop it into my windows office powerpoint, scale it down to the 8x10 to fit and save it. Makes it much more manageable for posting. So try that if you have it or something similar. Hope that helps.
edit on 4/4/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join