It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneakers....bring back leather sneakers!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm tired of paying a boat load of money for sneakers that are now all man made material meaning no leather...they suck in the northeast, they suck in the rain and oddly enough the price on them has not come down...I miss leather sneakers and I'm so tired of these mesh sneakers...

My kids end up going to school on rainy days with wet friggin feat because somehow we got sucked into this web of inferior shoe material...give me back my leather sneakers!!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
OK....I googled.
Bad news is there isn't a way to waterproof mesh sneakers. Scotch guard will only make them stain resistant, so no love there.

Boot's and the kids carry the sneaks is about all you can do?

Sometimes life just sucks.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
OK....I googled.
Bad news is there isn't a way to waterproof mesh sneakers. Scotch guard will only make them stain resistant, so no love there.

Boot's and the kids carry the sneaks is about all you can do?

Sometimes life just sucks.

But then how can they show off their MJ's in front of their friends before they get in the building?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ya know I looked for a pic of sneakers in a bag, to show their little buddies?
Can't believe there weren't any on the internet!

Found this instead and lost my focus...
apumpkinandaprincess.com...

edit on 3-4-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
File under 1st world problems. Better to not buy leather anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Get some Camp Dry for those manmade sneakers. It works for the most part.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I just ordered summer shoes for my kids. Got this pair for the older kid:
Linky-loo

Reviews saying they hold up well in wet conditions give me a bit of hope towards drier feet. The last pair of enclosed shoes either kid had were less than wonderful. They fit them fine, but soaked up water like a sponge. I've always slapped Keens on their little feet since their first pair of shoes, so I don't have much experience with other brands aside from the odd pair needed right away & bought in person (Target, Meijer, etc) I just know Keens hold up extraordinarily well, and thus are worth the money spent.
edit on 4/3/2016 by Nyiah because: Fixed link

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

We're a little over cautious about the tiny-tot's feet and am still buying stride-rites.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Greetings and Salutations-

Instead of wearing some leather may I suggest You get some adidas™ made of Hemp?

www.journeys.com...

They even have different colors... Just don't let anyone try to smoke Your footwear..

namaste

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Nice Gym... Here are some more footwear made from Hemp..

We got boots and shoes ..

www.rawganique.com...

And who thinks Spicoli would've been even cooler in a pair of Hemp Vans™ ?

www.vans.com...=5&beginIndex=0&categoryId=

namaste

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
File under 1st world problems. Better to not buy leather anyway.

Why?

That is a strange contention with no context.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you must go leather may I recommend cushe
www.amazon.com...
www.cushe.com...
Great footware, but more for dads
They do come in material also, essentially it's a tracker shoe.....it's all about socks
edit on 3/4/2016 by AlphaPred because: Added another link

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Gore tex is really water proof in my experience, not super cheap, but 50-70 bucks could get you a pair, I once bought some hiking ones for 30$ in a sale

If you step on a puddle to your knee nothing will keep you dry, which is a common problem with kids

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

This is more my style but yes leather is where it's at

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The answer is *drum roll*......

Combat boots! Yes, the answer is to not insist on wearing sneakers, when he climate you are in does not suit them! I am willing to bet that a decent pair of combat boots is not going to cost as much as a pair of nifty sports shoes, but the difference is that wearing combats in bad weather means that your feet remain dry, whereas sneakers do diddly squat to keep a pair of feet dry.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
When I saw that you replied on this thread I somehow knew that you would say something like that. For some reason you don't seem like a sneaker kind of guy, more like somebody who wears boots. Then again, I remember the jacket you were working on and how you were complaining about how you couldn't get good metal hardware for it. A jacket like that definitely goes with boots.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Heh... In actual fact, historically speaking thrash metal nutters like myself, during the eighties used to often wear sneakers, or deck shoes, or even basketball shoes. Thankfully, I live in the Age of Enlightenment where these things are concerned!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Speaking of combat boots here is a link to some I wear on rainy days.
Rocky boots.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

That is the sort of footwear that one needs during less than pleasant weather. With the correct socks, a boot of this sort will hold off weather so severe as to freeze or drown any foot clad in a mere sneaker, leather or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

They look like correctional shoes forest gump style.

Some of the responses in this thread remind me of going shopping with my mum for shoes. I'd want to go to the sports shop for sneakers/trainers

She'd be all like. "Those sneakers are no good for your feet, can't we get you some proper leather shoes from clarks, where a nice lady can measure your feet properly and pick you out a pair of the return to school collection.

Don't worry mum, I'll buy my own with my birthday money
edit on 4-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join