It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experiment I have been running

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Ooh can we see your teddy bear them?

Probably would make a rather good forums thread of match the mod to their teddy bear.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Probably 5% left, 5 percent right, 10 percent self identified as other denomination, 30 percent crazy, 50 percent was here for the now non existent non political conspiracy/ supernatural/UFO content.

The rest are the sane ones, which amounts too... Whoops

a reply to: Metallicus

edit on 3-4-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

When my nation, which is a nation of nations, from which my every laudable part is drawn, is about to tear itself in pieces, I get het up. I loose my grip on all I hold dear, because the wellspring from which it is drawn is about to be destroyed. Literally, not slowly, not figuratively, but immediately and really destroyed, torn apart. That is what you see in that video.

It is no different to the response that one would get if one was about to knife my mother, except there would be less words during such an event.

Those comments, incidentally, were about our government refusing to address the concerns and needs of the vitally important northern quadrant of our nation of nations, and dangers of turning ones back on the fight to gain traction for Scottish concerns in parliament. Those were not a call to break faces over a difference of opinion, but a call to those wanting to vote out of the U.K., to remember that nothing has ever been achieved by simply taking ones ball home.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

For some time I have been upset that people who advocate the killing of entire regions of the planet, the Middle East for example, often get starred for their posts, mostly owing to the small number of xenophobic drool peddlers who cannot resist a little Muslim bashing, cop apologism, holocaust denying or things of that sort.

3) There is a strong right wing bias here.

What is going on around here?

There is a bias, you can tell with the stars (assuming Fox News dosn't have 3 dozen accounts and pay a guy to spend all day here agreeing with himself. lol). I figure its the site's subject matter. While some content like the aircraft forum, UFOs and aliens and the gray area are neutral there are forums that attract many right wing individuals who are anti government (if a Democrat is in the whitehouse), and more who resent a black president. Many conspiracies are fabricated to whip up doomsday preppers, militia types and the more paranoid 2nd amendment crowd so they freak out and buy more guns and tactical accessories (these gun conspiracies are making companies very rich). Remember last summer when they thought jade helm was sending the Chinese to come take their guns? Not only was the jade helm conspiracy about taking guns but enacting some kind of new world order world government (which scares the bejesus out of states rights neo confederate types), or the wack jobs who think shootings like sandy hook are liberal ploted "false flags" to enact gun control. These are right wing conspiracies. It just makes sense to me that more of them are here. Don't let their bigoted insanity get you down, they're really very entertaining.
edit on 3-4-2016 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

As for the comments you made about the case, you simply have some things around your neck here. It was NOT sustained ANYTHING over a two year period. I saw the man a grand total of ONCE between the time he raised a false allegation about products in our store, and the time I saw him in court. On that occasion, I allowed him to board a bus ahead of me out of courtesy.

The LIES the man told were about all manner of things I had apparently done, including hurling abuse across the street, menacing him with gestures from my doorway (even though you cannot see my doorway from the position he accused me of being in when this stuff is meant to have occurred). Furthermore, our local paper got some of the key facts of the situation wrong in terms of how the case worked itself out.

My mother DID appear, at every court date that she was supposed to. The judge made a ruling based on probability BECAUSE I WAS NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER MY STATEMENT BECAUSE OUR SOLICITORS FAILED TO ENTER IT IN TIME AND ONLY ALERTED ME TO ITS BEING REQUIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE THEY ATTEMPTED TO ENTER IT INTO EVIDENCE! We paid people to handle the paperwork and the technical aspects of the case, because we were all too buggered up to do it ourselves at the time. As it turned out, not just one, but two sets of solicitors failed us...that's by the by. I never, NEVER declined to comment, in court about the events that lead to the court date being necessary, and the paper can say what they like otherwise, because it will not change the facts of what happened.

I declined to comment to the BBC directly, because they had been involved with the efforts of the fraudster who concocted this case, to have this judgement pass through in his favour, from the very beginning, and had been extremely combative in their approach to us as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I disagree, imo, ATS has just as much left representation as right.

As for your experiment, in hindsight you would have been better served if you had started a clean thread in the first instance and advised the participants that you were going to take a hard line in keeping with how you perceive others do from the opposite corner and for the respondents to give it everything they have.

Fundamentalist extremism, whether it be religiously motivated or politically motivated has never been the will of the people, and never will, because people value peace, freedom and happiness too much to sacrifice them for the sake of failed ideology(s).

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Are you a self-admitted troll? Is that what this thread is about...

Even if your statements in Morrad's thread's were genuinely your own beliefs, I don't think that's the reason any member in this thread should be even remotely rattled about. You completely derailed this member's thread in an attempt to prove something that is wholeheartedly trivial and irrelevant. So what if there's a disproportionate amount of users on this site that hold more right leaning views. I say bring 'em on the more the merrier! In reality,the political views are relative to the subject matter being discussed in a thread and how many members actively participating. It would be invalid to make such conclusions purely by speculating on the responses you receive in ONE thread. It would be more accurate to solicit opinions as Ketsuko suggested through a poll of some sort or at least make a conclusion based on more than one thread.

IMHO, What you stated in Morrad's thread is really nothing to be worked up about. I've read a lot worse in just the short months I've been registered on this site and this is not including the years I used to lurk this site.
It's more so the method of how you went about this 'experiment'.

Sorry to hear that the civil court case against you and your business went south.
I wish all the best to you,your future endeavors both in the realm of business and on this site.
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LordSnow21

Oh! So now I'm on FOX's payroll too? Am I going to be receiving those checks about the same time I start getting the ones from the Koch brothers that I hear I am supposed to have been receiving the past six or seven years now?

I might actually approach $15/hour!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think I failed to notice your experiment.
So if it's any consolation, many of us may simply have overlooked it. I would have at least politely disagreed had I seen said intentionally & experimentally abhorrent posts lol. (Not knowing they were insincere.)

That said, I will always remember you as the ATS member who taught me the phrase, "In the sea with them!" which I now use almost daily because it's awesome.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
TrueBrit is an amazing man and that court case was a joke! That idiot Tim, or whatever his name was should never have won the case! As far as the experiment, he apologized. People can continue insulting him and repeating the same things over and over again, it doesn't make him any less of the man I know him to be.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
... and do you know what? I got many fewer stars than a right wing poster of equally savage intent. This leads me to believe the following:

Stars are bad, m'kay? If you're getting lots of stars, it's an indication of 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (you're telling people what they want to hear, tickling their ears) and on which of the 2 paths you are that are described at Matthew 7:13,14. The truths that are vital for humanity to know are not popular. They much prefer myths/false stories, for which you can see a demonstration as well as additional evidence in my thread about myths in the Conspiracies in Religion subforum (or waste your time reading a large number of the over 20 million posts on ATS, approx. 99% of which demonstrates those 2 bible verses as well as several others, of course hard to see if you don't understand those verses and/or Colossians 2:8, 1 Timothy 6:20, Romans 1:20-23, more verses in 1 Timothy 6, etc.). Where the 2 texts above are also quoted because I have a feeling you probably won't look them up (as I said, it's not popular and people tend to have no interest in it while they are demonstrating it).
edit on 4-4-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thread closed.

ATS doesn't take well to "experiments" like this one. Further threads of this type will be immediately closed. Do not do them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join