It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

former USAF Military officer sees a very unusual ufo/sphere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is one of the stranger ufo/sphere sightings that I have ever read or heard. The former United States Air Force pilot has more than 3000 miles experience and has both seen and ecountered ufo's in his flight time and has a friend in the intelligence field who took reports of ufo sightings from aircrews, some of the encounters terrifying and stunning. He is a former Engineer for McDonnell Douglas and for Boeing as well. He also doesn't rule out the paranormal element to this particular sighting.
It is possible there may be an avian explanation for this the Pilot acknowledged, but he still felt this experience was "remarkable". He is seeking info from anyone else who may have seen this too.

Briefly, the pilot is outside and in the sky sees a red tailed hawk soaring in the sky. He whistled a couple of hawk calls and then suddenly at that time a what he describes as a bright sphere appeared far above the bird. Then he sees a "streak" appear from the right side of the sphere and then it expanded, flashed and was gone. But in its place, an identical hawk, so there are now 2 flying but he eventually loses sight of them.

his report.

edit on 03pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 03pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: typo

edit on 03pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Interesting, perhaps, but is there any proof of who he is, where he worked?
Not that that means anything. Occupation doesn't equal trust worthy, nor sadly does it mean certain people won't mistake a lighthouse for a UFO.

originally posted by: data5091
...The former United States Air Force pilot has more than 3000 miles experience and has both seen and ecountered ufo's in his flight time and has a friend in the intelligence field who took reports of ufo sightings from aircrews, some of the encounters terrifying and stunning. He is a former Engineer for McDonnell Douglas and for Boeing as well.

This rings alarm bells, you know. Sounds like so many others, namely massive ego problems.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I find these high strangeness accounts more believable for the most part.
I have had a few UFO encounters.
# can get so weird that most witnesses are reluctant to go into detail.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Heaven forbid that a UFO report should also contain magical elements that defy common sense over and above the simple fact that such things, UFOs, done even exist, right, detractors? So this case contains its own dissolution. It can't possibly be any way near to the actual event, so it didn't happen. ...And he didn't take pictures either. So what more "proof" do you need to dump it?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TransientMountain

True yes. It would have been nice too to have an image/pic/or maybe even a drawing, but its also possible too, given his military background and all that he felt more comfortable just giving a report. If anything else comes of this sighting I monitor that site regularly. Peter Davenport runs a pretty good site IMO.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

In which case it would have helped if he'd not mentioned he was a "former Engineer for McDonnell Douglas and for Boeing as well."

I like the story though, it actually sounds possible knowing what I've come to know.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I find these high strangeness accounts more believable for the most part. I have had a few UFO encounters. # can get so weird that most witnesses are reluctant to go into detail.

It's very frustrating to try and get these messages out for people to examine. They simply don't wish to know, and to me that's a shame.

I know this sh_t is real. Most people go to direct denial as they aren't open to these things, so if all that they're able to discern is "fakery," than that's all they would ever experience. IMHO.

I feel we are being kept out of what could possibly be the most important developments ever - and WE pay for them!!!! These fools that run our governments don't care or they think we couldn't handle the truth, or both.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hello data.

I don't have an explanation for this. It's just plain weird. As the guy says there could very well be a rational reason behind what he thought he saw: -

I know the human eye can play tricks on the mind, and there may well be a logical and natural explanation for this sighting. The other hawk may have been far above the first, and out of focus in an empty field of blue sky considering my eyes were moving, following the first hawk. It is possible the second hawk decided to dive directly down to join the other and was backlit by the sun as it dove. But for this to happen right over head, as I was calling to the first hawk... strange. I am not given to fantasy or wishful thinking…

Or maybe the UFO (whatever the object was) had a weird psycho-active effect on him?

One thing that is slightly off topic but related as well. Do you think the NUFORC database could be put to better use?

You've brought attention to a strange sighting here. I've starred and flagged you naturally for doing so.

But Peter Davenport has been collating UFO reports since 1974. Yet it seems he's just content to publish them on the web and talk for a few minutes on C2C am, and other radio shows every now and again. There's no in depth analysis of patterns, locations, descriptions etc that I can see.

Don't you think he'd be better off letting someone analyze the data, filter out obvious misidentifications and come up with a full report on 40+ years of data?

edit on 3/4/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sorry accidental double post

edit on 3/4/16 by mirageman because: double post

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Tucson AZ weirdness has struck again... I, too, had a high strangeness episode with a hawk in the nearby mountains... basically changing places with it for a moment.

High tech may be behind it, though my own guess would be old tech/shamanism/spirits ...as in, perhaps, a local projecting themselves in the guise of a hawk. Lots of sorcerers around these parts.

Though it may well be a momentary delusion, strange stuff like this happens... and is decidedly odd as far as our modern beliefs are concerned.

Thanks for the find.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Hi MM. I would generally agree with your take and assessments of Peter Davenport and his site. I sometimes get the feeling this site is a one man show. Meaning he does it all. There rarely are many updates, wondering if maybe he is just to busy handling everything himself. He is something of an enigma possibly. I have sent a couple of mails to him on occasion, and I don't get a reply. Other than that, I enjoy his site (NUFORC), but there is room for improvement there. And yes, it would be great to have someone available to analyze report/sightings more thoroughly as there as many sightings I have seen there personally, that warrant more in depth focus.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I think you are correct in your assumptions about spirits and shamen, and who knows, even the paranormal perhaps.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Every time I've taken a passenger jet flight, I've always seen amazing cloud formations. I could only imagine what pilots get to see all the time.

Seeing dark lenticular clouds? That not impossible. I Remember seeing a whole fleet of them in between a lower and higher cloud banks (fog on the lower bank, cirrus clouds on the higher bank) at sunset. Just hanging there at all different altitudes like an alien fleet ready to invade.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
a reply to: TransientMountain

True yes. It would have been nice too to have an image/pic/or maybe even a drawing, but its also possible too, given his military background and all that he felt more comfortable just giving a report. If anything else comes of this sighting I monitor that site regularly. Peter Davenport runs a pretty good site IMO.

I like the anecdotes on their own, it's like coming full circle through the miles of frankly, mostly crappy video and ambiguous pictures, as well as downright hoaxers.

I see Stormcell's post about Lenticulars, where I am we get them just offshore from where I am regular, always around the same area, mostly just the one, but it can be a really huge formation, still, like most people you always look at least twice at them.
edit on 3-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I really don't want to derail the thread but I think this is an important point.

NUFORC with Peter Davenport probably started out as a one-man enterprise and it's continued that way. However after 42 years what is he trying to achieve now? I think we should all appreciate the dedication he has put in. But he really needs to stop sitting on his mass of data and let people look over it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
S&F

None of us were there and this seems reported in good faith. Generally people don't report things they've seen unless it bothers them to some extent. Doesn't sit right with them, whatever.

There's a lot of weirdness out there and no matter how rational or genuinely skeptical we are there it is.
Our opinions don't faze it in the least.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Imagine big, big, big letters that spell - "What???"

You exchanged places??????? I hope you decide to share more.

Imagine what the Hawk experienced once it got in your meat suit...
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So where is the evidence of any of these claims, including former USAF pilot?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What? anonymous postings on the internet aren't good enough? I suppose you want some way to verify this story actually happened?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What? anonymous postings on the internet aren't good enough? I suppose you want some way to verify this story actually happened?

When you put that way I sound like an ass. I am now a full believer. I heard this guy even got 3 purple hearts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join