It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Panama Papers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
One wonders why the King of Saudi Arabia needs an overseas bank account. The entire nation of Saudi Arabia is his plaything, and he can just take whatever the hell he wants.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The leaked documents come from just one law firm.

This is the tip of the ice berg. I saw a documentary about the Caymans which was very interesting on a number of sides but which happened to show an office building where several hundred corporations had their head offices on paper only.

The video presenter said that this kind of thing is duplicated many times over in other parts of the world. I think he mentioned the state of Delaware in the United States as also being a tax haven of some kind.

The UK Parliament actually set up the Caymans as a tax shelter for UK companies, if you can believe it. Nothing says NWO, the oligarchical elite, us and them, class warfare, the lifeboat mentality like a bunch of parliamentarians OF A NATIONAL GOVERNMENT WITH BUDGET PROBLEMS setting up a way for corporations to stop paying taxes. The Caymans are owned and operated by the UK government.

The tax haven business is very competitive. It's like governments have decided, "We can't beat the tax dodgers, so let's join 'em."

We live in a lunatic asylum where the loonies are running the asylum.

edit on 4-4-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
One wonders why the King of Saudi Arabia needs an overseas bank account. The entire nation of Saudi Arabia is his plaything, and he can just take whatever the hell he wants.

If he were to buy political favors or give money to say terrorists or other nefarious things then he might not want to associate himself with Saudi Arabia?

Total guess on my part but i can see some instances as such that might want to give motive to hide money overseas when he doesnt have to. Could even be a backup get out of dodge account if tshtf for him in Saudi

edit on 07430America/ChicagoMon, 04 Apr 2016 08:07:32 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
If there are any hackers out there, yea right, and they wanted to do some real good and have some fun at the same time.

As I understand it, this was not the result of hacking, this was the result of leaking of high-security data from an employee.

Might I suggest they dig a little for the numbers of those politicians with big accounts and "reset" them ALL to zero.

A law firm doesn't have access to the wealth of the clients processing payments through their services.
You seem to be confusing this company with a bank holding the wealth of these individuals, that's not the case. This is a law firm setting up shell companies, processing the payments of their clients through criminal means, making deals as a middle-man because use of any other law firm would leave those clients open to exposure.

This is not a bank, it's a criminal law firm - it's like the corporate version of the "Dark Web" when it comes to crime and money.

Yep, I am advocating that some one could easily wipe out all the wealth of these "greedy money-suckers" and bring them down to their knees.

That would take action by governments and pressure on the banks where the wealth of these individuals is officially placed. Frankly, it's not going to happen.
Even if these individuals are caught for financial crimes, and even if they are actually punished, it will be nothing more than a meaningless fine they could pay off within a year without it affecting their finances, and any "prison term" would be served in a luxury suite at a "special facility" designed to give the plebs the vague impression that someone has been punished when in actual fact nothing has changed at all.

Most of the money is either from bribes or taxes anyway, so its not like they earned it.

Most of the money is from their own business dealings, but many of those are probably the result of corrupt dealings. With the exception of individuals like Gaddafi and perhaps some African leaders or politicians, most of these people probably didn't directly steal billions from their own people, not directly - that would be far too easy to spot in a more democratic nation.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I guess each country focuses on their respective nationals. But Putin-bashing seems to be the great trend in a certain MSM press.
Here in Belgium, there are 732 Belgian individuals listed, including well-known ones.

The sames ICIJ guys covered the Swiss and Lux leaks releases before. Justice must take time to kick in but, so far, there haven’t some practical condemnations nor trials started. However, investigations are still in progress.

Just consider that this is just the release of ONE offshore consultancy bureau. There are hundreds more. That's just the tip on the iceberg.
In Belgium we have the ultimate tool for this : SWIFT
If someone ever manages to leak that one ...

link   

Not holding my breath.

link   
Stick with this 'til he gets to the really good stuff:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Watch it get hushed up by the media...

It's not though, is it.
I know a lot of people here so desperately want all media in the world to be controlled by the Lizard People, but that's just not the case. Yes, plenty of those IN media are corrupt, are biased and should not be calling themselves "journalists" (especially in the US of A) but that doesn't mean every news outlet in the world is Illuminati owned.

As we can see, from the actual evidence all around the world right now being reported by most major media outlets, this is not being "hushed up".

In fact, the only hushing up going on so far is in Russian and Chinese media.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Because people are still confused about what this company does!
It's not a bank.
It's a law firm dealing with those who want to keep everything quiet and secret.

People need to stop focussing exclusively on the banking aspect of this. This about dodgy deals, corruption, criminality and CONSPIRACIES by the most powerful and wealthy around the world.

This is MUCH bigger than just someone wanting to hide some money somewhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
BBC is reporting a possible link to Cameron's father:

Mr Cameron's father, Ian, is among the tens of thousands of rich and famous people named in a leak of documents from Panama-based Mossack Fonseca. There is no suggestion Cameron senior did anything illegal.

So, enough with the complaints that this is all so biased. If it really were being controlled in the way some here seem to think then this would never have appeared on the BBC.

He might be completely innocent, his father might actually have done nothing wrong. It looks like we're going to find out anyway

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Right. This is the embrace, not just by the CIA, and shadowy rogue elements, of criminality as a way of life. It is the growing embrace by everyone of criminality as "normal practice" on this planet.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Copy and paste the sources while you can-they might disappear at any time and sadly the whistle blowers could disappear as well.

And as for the absence of American Companies well we all know of Apples Irish Tax and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that others are not involved as well. Trump and Clintons responses will speak a thousand words-I wanna see if either sweat bullets in their next interview.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I am not sure which world you live in but in this one it only takes a little digging and a few connections to ferret out a lot of information about most people.
I did direct my statements toward those politicians who have likely used these accounts to hide their ill gotten booty. I did not notice saying anything about any hard working stiffs who may have used this firm looking for a bank where they can cash a paycheck.
I don't claim to know a whole lot about many things but I do know a few clicks of the keyboard can make a world of difference in the bottom line of a bank account.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

As an aside, I think the rock band U2's ad campaign for the iPod was connected to Ireland becoming Apple Corp's offshore piggy bank. Bono is well known for hobnobbing with the high slime.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Looks like social media 'pressure' did a lot :

Cameron's dad, senior Tories’ offshore asset dealings exposed & UK media still focus on Putin

Perhaps, but the BBC is renowned for checking and double-checking things before they publish. It's not at all unusual to see a story picked up by everyone else before it makes it to the BBC, social media usually picks up on things before most.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
we all know of Apples Irish Tax and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that others are not involved as well.

In all honesty, you're comparing legal avoidance with what's being outed here. Apple is not (so far) guilty of criminal tax evasion, they're morally and ethically guilty of legal tax avoidance.

Avoidance and evasion are two different things.
Avoidance is using legal loopholes to avoid paying the taxes you owe.
Evasion is the use of criminal means to avoid paying that tax.

That doesn't mean some dodgy things are not happening with these corporations or those involved, but people need to make the distinction here between what is legal (but wrong) and what is entirely criminal.

For instance, a corporation like Apple would find it hard to use the services of this legal firm for anything criminal without their accountants seeing it. With a massive corporation like that seeing billions being moved through criminal means would raise massive red flags for hundreds of employees working with their finances.

What this law firm does is not really about that, this is about family or individual wealth, the corporate dealings of rich and powerful individuals whose money is more carefully guarded and controlled.

So, as an example, you would want to look for the involvement of the Walton family and their own money, rather than a link to Walmart as a company.

edit on 4-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I am not sure which world you live in but in this one it only takes a little digging and a few connections to ferret out a lot of information about most people.

No doubt, but that's not what happened here. We're talking about the raiding of a vault of the most secret information about the most secretive clients stolen from one of the most secretive law firms in the world.

This was not someone "doxxing" a load of celebs, politicians and corporations and finding out they have been making illegal deals with stolen money. This is a massive leak from within a highly-secretive (and criminal) company.

This is like a disgruntled CIA agent discovering he has access to the file marked "absolutely top secret 1951 to 2016" and sending the contents to a thousand journalists around the world, exposing all their drug running, their arms deals, their infiltrations of other agencies...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The fact that no US citizens are on that list is trending on Twitter as we speak. Mighty suspicious if you ask me...

Not really the firm probaly specializes in these countries as each country would have a different set up to perform said shell company. I'm sure americans are doing it but probaly with a company that handles american based tax laws and such.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The fact that no US citizens are on that list is trending on Twitter as we speak. Mighty suspicious if you ask me...

Not really the firm probaly specializes in these countries as each country would have a different set up to perform said shell company. I'm sure americans are doing it but probaly with a company that handles american based tax laws and such.

I doubt that very much.
There is a hell of a lot of money in the US and there will absolutely be individuals making use of this criminal enterprise for their secretive deals.

People still aren't getting it.
While there are several companies out there being dodgy and working with dubious people for dubious means, Mossack Fonseca is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest), most sinister and secretive of all, without any oversight and without any constraints imposed by any government.

People are absolutely right to be asking why there is no connection here to the US so far. As this was initially leaked to the WASHINGTON BASED ICIJ.

The suggestion that this involves people from every country BUT THE US is so utterly ridiculous people are right to be demanding the truth about just how corrupt our American friends are.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment and assuming that they're building up to the most shocking, sinister or dramatic news, but if that doesn't come serious questions will have to be asked.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join