It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Panama Papers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I find amusing that David Cameron nor American politicians are on these fake The Panama Papers

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

What makes them fake?

That some names are missing? Or do you have proof we can verify?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jpharn
Nevada, Wyoming, and South Dakota are the new Switzerland and Cayman Islands. That is why there aren't any Americans on the list. There are newer strict penalties for Americans caught using unreported offshore accounts to hide money from the tax man. It is simply easier and safer for them to use one of these states. Maybe soon some of the wealthy tax dodgers with accounts in these states will be leaked too. This is probably where the Americans and even more international elites are hiding their wealth from the tax man.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

is it fake, or are you upset that not everyone is listed

1.These The Panama Papers have being released at a time, when Syria with Russia are making progress agaisnt the terrorists and Islamists allied with Saudis.

Who are not on the list?
Its rather not surprising that these The Panama Papers avoided naming the Saudi Arabian rich business people or its government nor any American politicians.

This is why this is fake.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

let me ask again. beyond speculation, do you have proof we can verify that these are fake?

they may be INCOMPLETE, but I dont think you are saying you KNOW they are fake.

you have a hunch and some random facts not related beyond you making the connections

edit on 4 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

That some names are missing? Or do you have proof we can verify?

If you believe the MSM on the The Panama Papers you might has well believe the media on Syria that Syrian rebels are moderates to. You cant have both ways .

These Panama Papers are a laughable joke. We shall see by this if they release any known American politicians if not then its a misinformation fraud.

And of course the Western media loves to blame everything on Putin, the Western news media are always saints and innocent

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

so no. nothing verifiable , ok

Nice theory. Right site for it.

as far as this, they seem incomplete, not fake as you say.

could be infighting.

maybe an american released them and is worried about making enemies at home as well as everywhere in the world.

maybe the big files were too well protected and all he got was this.

maybe they dont use this one firm. Maybe the world bank and the federal reserve and the bank of england dont need a dinky panama law firm. maybe this is the poor man of the power elite method.

There would have to be more. Even if it had US politicians.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

they may be INCOMPLETE, but I dont think you are saying you KNOW they are fake.

The International Consortium of Investig Journalists” entirely funded by US CPI.
Ford Foundation.
Carnegie Endowment.
Rockefeller Family Fund.

I already looked it up.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
King Salman, King of Saudi Arabia was on the list.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

maybe an american released them and is worried about making enemies at home as well as everywhere in the world.

Oh that poor American, haven't Americans caused enough chaos in this world? the way how the media selective on its reporting on this blaming everything on Putin isnt helping.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

The report was done by The International Consortium of Investig Journalists a Ford Foundation.
Carnegie Endowment.
Rockefeller Family Fund.

look it up.

No agenda at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

yet, it would be more than you have done

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

could be infighting.

where is the information factually wrong?

duh, that explains why there are no American names.

Why would they put their own names? Why would they NOT filter their own names out?

its not like you used a super secret connect to figure this out. Google?

yeah, so perhaps they werent hiding that they are behind it. Maybe they do want to look good.

is it factually wrong?

I like the Rockefeller family sometimes.

The rest arent outright criminals and reptile royalty. lol Ford? Carnegie endowment? cars and peace marketing for policy?

So? nothing is simple black and white.

it is a grey mess....

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
big deal, been going on for ages and governments are powerless to do anything.

the rich will just laugh

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Are you insinuating that Russian or Eastern European media is always honest, transparent and truthful?

Everyone has an angle, everyone is pushing an agenda. Somewhere in the middle is where the truth can be found.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Maybe the whole plan is to force the wealth to funnel to the tax havens in the U.S.?

World's Favorite Tax Haven is now the United States

Still, the U.S. is one of the few places left where advisers are actively promoting accounts that will remain secret from overseas authorities

The U.S. was determined to put an end to such practices. That led to a 2010 law, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, or Fatca, that requires financial firms to disclose foreign accounts held by U.S. citizens and report them to the IRS or face steep penalties. Inspired by Fatca, the OECD drew up even stiffer standards to help other countries ferret out tax dodgers. Since 2014, 97 jurisdictions have agreed to impose new disclosure requirements for bank accounts, trusts, and some other investments held by international customers. Of the nations the OECD asked to sign on, only a handful have declined: Bahrain, Nauru, Vanuatu—and the United States.

I'm sure it would be good for business and negotiation tactics if the world's wealth was stored right here in the United States. Potential civil asset forfeiture taken to the extreme. There is still a lot to be digested with the leak.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is nuts. I hope this gets some real coverage and isn't just blown over by the media.

One thing has me rather taken aback, however: not one single U.S. official, U.S. businessman or member of affluence is implicated in this leak. Looking at the data, I noticed this firm was not operating in the Cayman Islands or Singapore, presumably two of the most popular tax havens for U.S. upper echelon, and apparently had zero(?!) U.S. clients. I'm somewhat blown away that the U.S., the leading financial influence in the world(by trillions), was left out of this picture entirely.

Maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg, considering the recently uncovered international bribery scandal involving Unaoil, HSBC, and CitiBank. My guess, though, is that corrupt U.S. officials and CEOs, being the absolute professionals of subversion and back-door dealings that they are, are far too clever and have far too many firewalls to get busted like these n00bs just did.

edit on 4-4-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeoneWatching

originally posted by: pirhanna
If no prominent Americans are on that list, I would find it suspicious for sure. At the very least scrubbed by intelligence agencies. At the most, largely put together by those agencies, though probably with entirely factual data. In fact, this Panamanian law firm is very likely a CIA ASSET TO BEGIN WITH.

Mr. Mossack was a nazi. I wonder if he is linked to Operation Paperclip.

Having read Paul Manning's work I knew there was a nazi connection here somewhere!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
My guess is that this leak was intentional (I know, how brainy am I, right?) by one side to implicate another. However, wouldn't it just be 'shocking' to find more details released by the opposing side(s) implicating others (the US and their mates).

Thinking out loud.

I predict a few more leaks, a few 'suicides' and a thousand conspiracy posts over the coming year on ATS related to the issue.
edit on 4/4/16 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well well it seems my country is widely involved in this corrupted tax avading sponsorship. .

It's Mossack Fonseca only existence because he has a firm here for tax evasion. .

8500 companies are registered here and the only thing that they have here is mailbox....

We earn 3.5 billion a year for giving foreign companies a firm here to evade there home taxes..

Now you see it people of the world our government is just as corrupted as any other country in the world..

edit on 0b18America/ChicagoMon, 04 Apr 2016 05:32:18 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 04 Apr 2016 05:32:18 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join