It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A crown fit for a giant?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I found this article about a giant crown found by Father Crespi in a cave name "Cueva de los Tayos"
Its this the only photo of this crown? Please share your thoughts.

A CROWN FIT FOR A GIANT? Italian Father Carlo Crespi Croci (1891-1982) tries on a Giant kings crown he found in the cave named "Cueva de los Tayos" Ecuador. He wasn't just a priest but a researcher and explorer also. This is just one many ancient artifacts he found after arriving in Ecuador in 1927. His collection was called the "metal library." Many of these ancient artifacts were made of various metals, unusual for a very ancient time period. After his death some of his most important artifacts were stolen or were lost. He was beatified by the Catholic Church for having lived 60 years as a missionary. He believed all his findings were "antediluvian" origin. With the most recent metal findings in ancient cities its obvious there is more to Earths history than what we are being taught and told. Source: CROWN FIT FOR A GIANT
edit on 3-4-2016 by Helenamatias because: Wrong link

edit on 3-4-2016 by DrumsRfun because: All caps

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Your link to the article doesn't work?

*Edit*
You fixed it cheers, I'll have a read

edit on 3.4.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatias

404 buddy, link not working

Here it is; ufothetruthisoutthere.blogspot.com...
edit on 3-4-2016 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Here you go another link to your story as yours isn't working...

ufothetruthisoutthere.blogspot.com...

I see you got it.

edit on 3-4-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Its working now

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It worked for me, TRY THIS LINK

Interesting find, looking forward to hear what others have to say. Seems "Giants" are being mentioned a bit more lately

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here is a video on Father Crespi...

interesting story will do more research on this.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Links and Google led me to this 18 page PDF stated as being authored in 1998, just skimming through it now, seems interesting... Sorry it's a PDF
edit on 3.4.2016 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Ahh something the Smithsonian did not get there hands on, in fairness I have seen this before and am not entirely convinced it was meant as a crown but it does look like one, it could also have been made for a statue though there are reports even from early spanish conquerers of giant's in the amazon and of cours all tribes and cultures around the world share a belief in Giant's.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

here maybe this might shed some light, enjoy and don't be fooled again.

SPIEGEL: In Cuenca, you showed him the collection of Father Crespi. Did you not warn him of the many fake pieces? MÓRICZ: Yes, we had told him that although Crespi had previously collected much of value, today the genuine pieces are buried under a cacophony of crap. Most of the two rooms are stuffed to the ceiling with sheet metal. Nevertheless Däniken wanted to photograph everything. He went crazy. From ten in the morning until three in the afternoon, he took pictures, and I think it’s not just the genuine pieces that he has shown in his book.

Von Däniken would later accuse Móricz of lying to discredit him. But that wasn’t all. The previous year, in 1972, Der Spiegel had reported that a scholar named Dr. Hartmann had viewed the artifacts and determined that while there were a few genuine pre-Hispanic stone pieces, most of the metal ones were forgeries made from tin and brass, including a large number of tourist trinkets. Anton Graf Preising concurred that there were a few valuable items among the mounds of forgeries. Danish archaeologist Olaf Holm said that the elderly Crespi wasn’t able to tell tin from silver, or brass from gold.
Father Crespi and the Toilet Tank Float of the Gods

edit on 3-4-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That crown probably adorned a larger than life statue. Either that or the priest is a schister.

He's been exposed as such, don't have time this morning to dig. Theres been threads on him here I think.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

That's interesting. But I can't help but think that if i were a giant king and someone made me that flimsy a$$ crown, there's be some bone crunching going on - soon.
JMO, thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yep seems that the collection isn't what they say it is...

tayoscave.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Most likely it is not crown but a base for something. Crowns are much more ornate and shaped to fit a head correctly. this one obviously is neither.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Father Crespi manufactured fakes throughout his life
This is like saying "Von Daniken has found proof of Aliens"
i.e. its complete and utter nonsense

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Yes once Van Doniken get's mentioned as being connected to it, the brain seems to get the feeling it's not exactly what they say it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Yes once Van Doniken get's mentioned as being connected to it, the brain seems to get the feeling it's not exactly what they say it is.

It was Von Daniken who introduced Crespi's collection to the world in "Gold of the Gods", an account that he later admitted was fabrictaed. Crespi's frauds are so well known, that to take him seriously, you have to be lobotomised or self deluded like the OP

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is no reason why this couldn't have just been a decorative piece.
If we found tiny chairs from the past we wouldn't assume that tiny humans built them would we?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That seemed a little harsh?

Did a quick search on Fr.Crespi and this article raises more questions, like tentacles. I'll be the first to admit Im not up on every archeological dig but...

This is quite an assertion and one I've never come across before.

Across South America, there is clear evidence that metal was used, in important centers like Tiahuanaco, on the shores of Lake Titicaca (Bolivia). It comes in the form of small clamps, about six inches across, which are made from copper-base alloy, with some iron. The clamps can be seen as indentations in the stones and were meant to hold these even firmer together. However, none of these clamps will be found in museums; some are in the “private collection” of the participating archaeologists who, when challenged, nevertheless are willing to produce them.
One of the experts is Professor Javier F. Escalante Moscoso. He is clear that the people of Tiahuanaco and nearby Puma Punku had metal tools and were adept at metallurgy. He wrote: “Copper was the main native metal commonly used; but, being a soft metal its use was limited at first to the manufacture of personal or domestic objects. Later, tin was introduced to obtain bronze.” Some clamps unearthed at Tiahuanaca are up to six feet long, showing the level at which metallurgy was used.

philipcoppens.com...

Another closer to my own interest was this

Finally, in 1922, William A. Ferguson discovered a harbor on the north coast of Isle Royale. Ships could load and unload, aided by a pier that measured 500 meters in length. This suggests that the type of ships that anchored here, were large ships – and that there were many. The most likely explanation as to the purpose of this harbor was that they formed the point where the copper was loaded… to be transported to other regions. The presence of the harbor further shows that the people working the mines were not local, as the local Indians only used small canoes.

The article covers lot of supposed metallurgy in the new world, so not rambling here. Thanks to the OP for at least bringing something unusual to the forum, I also don't think that crown was meant for someone living, but parts of the collection "may" have been legit. I don't think we should be so fast to toss out the baby with the bathwater.
It's at least worth some discussion.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Yes once Van Doniken gets involved things go sideways, however, you have to give the man props because of his books most of us got interested in alternate theories to begin with!

He made things exciting, and all of a sudden what we'd been spoon-fed became questionable. (shocking back then)
Right or wong he lit a spark.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join