It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stefan Molyneux: YouTube's first cult leader?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I just came across the following video and I have to say that Stefan Molyneux is sounding more like a cult leader than ever.

www.youtube.com...

It's not my original idea that Stefan Molyneux has a cult forming around him. There's an entire website devoted to the idea:

Stefan Molyneux Revealed

There have been plenty of YouTube videos made that have analyzed Molyneux's "cult":

Cult Wars: Teal Swan VS Stefan Molyneux

The Cult of Stefan Molyneux, Former Insider Speaks Out

Hey Stefan Molyneux Fans! You're In A Cult

The reason I'm interested in this whole situation is because it's potentially something I never saw coming. If a genuine cult formed around a YouTube personality, could that fact be used to shut down freedom of speech on the Internet? Even if it worked out that way just a little, it would be very bad.

I look at YouTube as one of the best places for free speech around, I would hate for the platform to be lost for any reason.
edit on 3-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I like to listen to him.

Very interesting canadian guy.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Thanks for this thread .I was interested in this guy awhile back and he did seem to make sense and was usually polite and respectful .He was also Canadian so watching a home boy is never a bad thing to do imo . But after taking in some of his stuff I became to be a bit suspicious and finally lost interest and decided to look for other speakers . There is a fine line we balance our mind on and sometimes we can go too far over the edge .It can become a slippery slope if we imagine for a moment and keep going . Kind of makes you feel lost in limbo land where up is actually down ....peace From your link I found this on the Joe Rogan incident . Very interesting indeed

edit on 3-4-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)
This also from your source which seems what I had experienced .

And to be completely honest with you, regardless how it may sound: the closer people come to you - the more they seem to want to distant themselves from you. I obviously do not know if that is the case in real life too - but it does seem to be true on the internet and the freedomainradio. It seems that people really find you inspirational and worth their time in the beginning when they find you, but the more they delve deeper into the personality of Stefan Molyneux, the more they realize that 'everything is not what it seem to be' and move on to other sources of information.

edit on 3-4-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why would this stuff being removed from YouTube lead to the shut down of Freedom of Speech?

It won't be removed, unless this guy is telling people to hurt themselves or something; but, YouTube is a wholly owned company with terms of service applied. There is no "Freedom of Speech" on YouTube. They have the right to remove anything at all for any reason.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I just came across the following video and I have to say that Stefan Molyneux is sounding more like a cult leader than ever.

I completely agree.

Personally, and of course utterly subjectively, I find Stefan M.'s delivery, his act, his attitude, his style repelling. He seem to have that kind of feverish energy that is typical for those who deal in being or becomming a cult-leader. His preacher-like attitude and lack of true real humor is also very telling, IMHO.

I would not let my children alone in a room with him for even ten minutes (although I have non). That is how trust-worthy he is in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What is usual with cult leaders is the STARE
Just see stare of Appelwhite

Very much alike

Mansons stare is famous by its own.. Jim Jones too

How can anyone trust someone who´s stare is so empty and liveless.. freaky

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
He preaches personal responsibility, of course it's a cult and should be silenced post-haste.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

A friend of mine listens to him.

I checked him out, and I think Stefen takes himself way to seriously.

He seems to be starting on a path that could lead to advocating eugenics.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
No offense to any religious types...but seriously, we need to destroy the savior meme. There is no human out there that has the world so worked out that they are "better" or more particularly insightful than anyone else, given a little bit of time and self reflection.

Be your own savior, stop looking for teachers and masters and ascended holy men or prophets or fricking youtube personalities. Same goes for "spiritual" entities.

Work out your problems for yourself. Giving that power to another person is very much the blind leading the blind. Have a little dignity.

...Is what I would say, but given that youtube commentators have found a possibly dangerous cult to join then maybe everything will work out for the best.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I always get Stefan Molyneux confused with Peter Molyneux.

Hope there isn't a cult developing around either of them.

If some bald guy has to start a cult. How about Grant Morrison?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I sometimes listen to his vids,he seems intelligent and he makes a lot of sense in general.I cannot say i Like him..but i don't actively dislike him either.He may be a bit irritating sometimes,the way he puts himself across,but there are hundreds of millions of people like that.He advocates personal responsibility,thinking for oneself,not being a leech on society,most especially Thinking and in particular about the consequences of one's actions-and lack of action.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

There's one less cult leader on YouTube.

I only just saw he was removed.

I actually like the pretentious guy and its laughable he is being grouped with white supremacists.

new topics

top topics

join