It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WrestleMania 32 tonight!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
For those of us who follow "WWE," we all know this is the big night for Wrestle Mania.

My friends don't understand how a 57 year old woman can be excited about this and any explanations of why just goes over their heads.

Needless to say I will be party of one watching it tonight. Perhaps some of you will be in this same boat tonight.

I thought I would start this thread for us to watch together, because we all know how much more fun it is to watch with people of the same mind about it. Lol, you either get "it," or you don't.

This will be a pretty loose thread to discuss what we want as far as the WWE goes. Your favorite WrestleMania, favorite wrestlers, when did you start watching it, etc..

The NXT takeover had some pretty awesome matches last night. Anyone watch that?

Just hoping to have some fun with it while we watch tonight. I'll be here, Will you?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Its a show, a long going show that also defined a culture of american philosophy..

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Triple H has a creative control clause over his character. He is old school though, and will do the job for Roman who lost against Rollins last year.

Roman needs to take down a legend if he is going to be a face of the company champion. I hated Seth, but he was a good champion.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

And since you asked, my all time favorite wrestler is Macho Man, ever since the Mega Powers(Wrestlmania 4 was my favorite WM. Savage won the belt)

And second is Mankind. Ever since his debut. He is the only wrestler of that era to manhandle the Undertaker.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I guess I just don't get it. A bunch of grown men, dressing up in outlandish costumes, fake fighting, while the fans scream for more. Seriously, does any one really think they can get beaten like that and still bounce back? Getting hit in the head with chairs, your skull slammed in to the floor and walls, a knee to the face or multiple punches.
And all that with no bruises, swelling or blood.
Nope. Just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I don't get people who watch lots of different tv shows

Miami vice type Cop shows, cooking shows soap operas and kids cartoons today

Wrestling, why anyone would like wrestling is beyond any logic I could fathom

I recon Dolphins Ziggler deserves the ic belt and Shane to take out taker, need him in the manager mix to shake things up

I think the overall card and build up has been a bit warm, outside of reigns and hh

Jericho to lose again, he loves putting new talent over

Kalisto and ryback, who cares

It will be 7am tomorrow when I get to see it, live

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I used to love wrestling. I was a lil warrior growing up. I always thought wrestling was like a soap opera for men.
I stopped watching after Nwo broke up but wrestling was a major part of my youth. I tried watching it a few times recently but could not get past five minutes. I hope you enjoy Wrestlemania I remember how excited I would get for ppv's. Have fun tonight and I hope all your fav's win.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I guess I just don't get it. A bunch of grown men, dressing up in outlandish costumes, fake fighting, while the fans scream for more. Seriously, does any one really think they can get beaten like that and still bounce back? Getting hit in the head with chairs, your skull slammed in to the floor and walls, a knee to the face or multiple punches.
Nope. Just don't get it.

It's just a soap opera for guys who don't want to watch the soaps... I don't get it either.
But each to their own I guess? I'd rather watch Boxing or UFC... you know, actual real fighting.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
People are always so quick to call it fake. Those of us that watch it arent complete morons, we do understand this. It is what we see beyond the "fake" which we find entertaining.

The thing I don't think people take into consideration though, is how hard it is to actually fake some of those moves WITHOUT someone getting hurt. How does a 250- 300 pound man fall on a guy from 20 30 feet up smash him through a table and neither one feel a thing? I know the tables give away, but still, I imagine youre going to feel something a bit unpleasant.

Even some of the holds that go for tap outs have to put stress on bodies that are in the finest of shapes. Lets face it, guys arent exactly gentle either. There have been numerous injuries, some being career ending. Many fight on injured for the love of the sport and they do it more days of the week than NFL players play and some of those big bad football players cry when their little toe is stepped on.

One member mentioned Mankind. Foley was one crazy son of gun. You would swear that guy had some sort of death wish and not all his stunts went according to plan that's for sure. Being slammed to the mat onto a pile of tacks, yeah, I think that might stick with you for a day or two. Falling through the steel cage and landing on a chair probably didn't tickle either, and those are just two moments of many with him. I have a Lot of respect for that guy.

These days the younger wrestlers seem to be getting a lot more air born with their stunts too. That has to require some great skill to "Fake it." Then you have the ladder matches. Those ladders aren't plastic and a lot of the guys sure end up being thrown on them smashed into them and smacked with them. That's gotta hurt.

The wrestlers will always be the first to say they wouldn't be here without the fans. The fans are there because they respect what they do and appreciate the skills it takes to do it. I agree the storylines are like soap operas for adults. They just add flavor to the show. Some actually work really well, and some? Well not so good, but fans overlook it because they know it isn't really the wrestlers fault.
Some wrestlers work very well together and can put on a great show and that's when it gets to be good entertainment which in all honesty is how it bills itself now.

Ive been watching since the first year Wrestle Mania came about. I took a hiatus for awhile due to my job, but have always had a idea of what was going on.

Macho man was my favorite too back then. I always had a respect for HBK Shawn Micheals. He is another one I think gave Undertaker a good run. The Rock and Stone Cold, great showman and Id have to say at the right place at the right time. I think the fact that they had some leeway to actually be themselves made them so much more believable.

I'm a John Cena fan too, but a big part of that is what he does beyond the ring. I'm not sure when that guy sleeps. He does so much for kids and our troops I really have to salute him. He really is a solid Good Guy imho of course. All of them do great things for kids and that's a big plus in my book.

I do wish they would let the women do more and I think the women want too. That is a knot I hope is untied or loosened even more here going into the future. Some of them are very talented and have the potential to be great wrestling entertainers. Nothing like a good cat fight.

Sting was a fav of mine along with the Ultimate Warrior and I also have a spot for Randy Orton. Daniel Bryant gets my respects for being one of the top underdogs, and you just knew he really loved what he was doing. YES he did.

The guy I like now is Dean Amborse. He just keeps coming and coming and coming with little regard to pain. Some of the things I have seen him smashed through, thrown on, clobbered with, that man is going to be a hurting old man with plenty of aches and pains to remind him of his golden days. Going up against Brock Lesnar tonight should be one heck of a match. Id love to see him end up with the belt that counts. I like Roman Reigns, but I think Ambrose has better mic skills and a better mixed bag of moves.

There have been so many greats over the years, and so many that were more of a background for the greats. Never winning belts, but putting their all into it as much as the greats for the love of the sport. Id like to give a honorable mention to Cesaro. When he comes back off the injury list, I really hope they find a good nitch for him that works better than the storylines he has had in the past.

I used to drink with George the Animal Steel at Nicks on the beach in Hollywood Fla.. A very easy going guy. So opposite of what he portrayed in the ring.

Ive rambled enough, but hopefully I have given a good representation of why I love wrestling. Sometimes predictable, often times not, and I really hope tonight is a night for the unpredictable awesome Entertainment! Looking forward to see who might show up here to watch with me tonight...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Nope. Just don't get it.

It's like watching a movie or a soap opera.

You leave your common sense at the door and sit back with a few beers and enjoy the ride!

Do you sit there watching an action movie saying "but now one could fall 300 feet and then land in a dumpster and walk away with just a slight cut?

It's pretend, and damn fine fun too in my opinion.

Woooohooooo!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I remember when I was very young, every Saturday evening (parents didn't watch a lot of TV) my Mother would have dinner made and we would get the TV trays and sit in the living room (THE LIVING ROOM! truly a special occasion) and watch wrestling. Mom loved Chief Jay Strongbow and when he would get mad...he would start dancing around and punches had no effect on him then! Oh, and Andre the Giant!
Also, when I lived in Florida (100 years ago!) I was driving down a road and saw a car I just HAD to have. The owner of the car lot was Black Jack Mulligan!
One of the sweetest most gentle men I have ever met in my life. He was enormous IRL. His wife was quite beautiful as well, she had been a wrestler I believe. I made payments on that car. Every week religiously.
A few weeks or so before it was paid off, he met me in the parking lot. He handed me the title. I gave him a great big old hug and he had to pick me up for my arms to make it around his neck!
He told me he had always liked me and if I ever needed anything...anything...just let him know!
I was speechless. HE liked ME? I had grown up watching HIM! LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It all ended with the loss of The Grand Wizard of Wrestling.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Lesnar will never lose to Ambrose at wrestlemania but he is my new favorite.

He is, to me, this generations Mankind. He is crazy and takes the bumps AND dirty deeds is the double arm DDT Foley used when the mandible claw wasn't available.

He has yet to accomplish his success, but he will. If wwe had a hardcore division today it would be all Ambrose.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Nope. Just don't get it.

It's just a soap opera for guys who don't want to watch the soaps... I don't get it either.
But each to their own I guess? I'd rather watch Boxing or UFC... you know, actual real fighting.

the isuue with boxing is that although it's real it is often kind of a disapointment when you actually get to it.

As wrestling is scripted that is never an issue.

How can you not get exited when someone throws some one else off a 15 foot ladder into a stack of tables live on tv in a looser has to shave their wifes head grudge match?

I am nearly 40 but when wrestlemania comes around I am a 7 year old kid that is allowed to drink beer for a whole evening of silly yet amazing fun.

Daft as it sound I also love the athleitism of some of these massive guys.

My favorite move of all time...

And show me anyone that does not want to see a midget in a gorrila suit get kicked flying?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameretat

I agree with you and that is why I like him. I'm looking forward to his match tonight more so than triple H and Reigns. Something tells me there will be a twist to that match considering the players.

I'm expecting a brawl with Ambrose and Lesnar.

I'm sure they will get back to playing that "Brother" angle soon enough too with Reigns and Ambrose

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I always wondered why Stone Cold and Goldberg never had a match. That seems like it would have been a good one. Any guesses?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I always wondered why Stone Cold and Goldberg never had a match. That seems like it would have been a good one. Any guesses?

Goldberg was always against loosing to a "bad guy" who drinks beer and swears while flipping the bird.

Stone cold saw no reason to loose to Goldberg as he was in his prime and Goldbergs ship had passed.

Simple answer but a correct one.

My wrestling trivia knowledge is deeply embarresing.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I hate iit because all my mates at school loved it and I would regularly find myself being pile driver, clothes lined and thrown against the lockers that weren't ropes and didn't have the bounce effect of ropes

I always liked the undertaker. Classic bad guy, with his weird mate Paul bearer
edit on 3-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

My guess: Rollins turns on HHH and causes Roman to win, taking away from Romans legacy, getting revenge on HHH and setting up a future rivalry between the two best pure wrestlers today.

Am I the only one who thinks that the curb stomp was a better move for rollins? Why did they change it?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Your first video isn't working, but I was curious to see the move you like. Can you fix it perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join