It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can be done to regain the trust of the USA government by other countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I've been out of the USA for many years and also served in the US military, so this is why I'm asking this question. First I'd like to say my experience has really been in South East Asia all this time and I've seen first hand of the solid trust between governments in this area to now even a "gentleman's agreement" doesn't even come with any belief. Kind of like a contract doing business in China, which means a contract really amounts to only a "suggestion".

Anyway, I hope the American politicians in govt. can once again start to build "trust" between nations.

What's your thinking on how to do this?

Mine is; just start telling the way it is and the way it has to be between nations. If TPP can do it, why not governments.
edit on 0400000018102016-04-03T02:10:18-05:00101804am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I honestly think that other countries see the US population as a bunch of over entitled, overly fed, overly self-consumed, brain washed pansies.. No disrespect to the OP, but the change starts with where the forgotten, and mostly lost, power resides and that's with the People. Leaders will never save Our face, only their own. The world is waiting for our revolution... a disruption here like we do over there...and everywhere...I'm honestly ashamed to travel..

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Stop invading other countries with your allies and leaving them partially destroyed purely at the behest of the elite bankers and industrialists.

Your foreign policies are certainly not done to make the American people or those of your allies safer in their own countries, in fact its bringing terrorism into these countries, where little existed before. Simples.

People had respect once for America because she was seen as the guardian of the world with the wealth to help and police, but now America's genuine and decent motives have been marred by the interference of corruption on a massive scale and also its protection of countries that are politically questionable if not directly evil with selfish agendas to benefit only their own elite.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
What can be done to regain the trust of the USA government by other countries

Perhaps other countries will respect the Cirque du Freaque of the Amerikkkan government when the people of Amerikkka can respect it, and become respectable themselves!!
They are no more than a circus of corruption!
100%!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

The first problem is reputational. To address this problem the US needs to accept that it can live in harmoney with the rest of the world without having to conquoer it. Ameericians have to demand that their govt is a law abiding govt that obeys its laws and welcomes external audit of the that complaince.

The second problem is legal. The US is leading the slide into the black hole of Tyranny. It has to travel in the opposite direction to the direction they have been traveling in since 911.

They have to have an international commission of inquiry into corruption in the US. Such a commission has to be drawn from volunteers form all countries who names are drawn at random in the same way lotto numbers and drawn and it has be internationally televised to not just ensure integrity of the system but ensure it is seen to be so.

Such an inquiry will be briefed on corruption in all its forms by experts in the area who selected by the same method outlined above.

For such an equity to teeth it must have adequate financial, perhaps in the order order of a billion to two and other resources to ensure its objectives are adequately fulfilled.

Another change is constitutional. Something must be included in the constitution to make it easy for the people to have a referendum using modern technology that is tamper proof, on any subject matter affecting wide ranging and cover external activities, internal security and domestic policy's in all the key areas, health, tax, defense, energy policy, etc

Get the idea?

All this can happen if the people of the US learn the law and enforce their rights.

This site is a good place to start learning the problems facing the US (and many other countries) and potential solutions Link

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
  • Stop invading other countries
  • End this stupid cold war with Russia
  • Along with the UN stop ramming the multicuturalism ideology down everyone's throat
  • Stop being a nation of loud mouthed hypocrites

Those things would be a great start.....

ETA

Oh and stop arming other people's wars. We're all sick of the terrorists you keep enabling through stuff ups
    edit on 3-4-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

• posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:17 AM
    link   

Regain the trust of its people, thats what.

Show the world the measure of our society by weighing the merit of the people.

Build up and upon the people.

Build them up and have the world deal with a powerful and wise nation. WE will prove our worth to the world. Brothers and sisters to the world as Titans.

Not the government. We will do that.

Somethings not even a king can do.

Some kingdoms can do more with truth in unity than by lies for total control.

It takes a lion of a leader to lead a nation of lions. That is his pride.

What is a leader's truer measure than his people? They are his truest measure and the essence of his greatness when he is greater. To themselves at least.....

Some arent meant to be great unto themselves. Some only unto many of a short measure.

In the grand scope of things not very many and certainly not for very long. Some for a while...

Or.....

edit on 4 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:22 AM
    link   
    We need to stop meddling in other countries' business; stop undermining and subverting their governments & local movements; stop the "collateral damage" policy; and actually prosecute our people who committed crimes against other countries (starting with Kissinger and the torture architects).

Put it like this: What do you think it will take to rebuild trust with someone if you rob him, kill his family member, blow up the roads and buildings in his community, and prop up the organized crime rings and/or corrupt regimes in his homeland? Because the US, UK & France have done that all over the world, particularly in poor countries in the Middle East, Latin America, Africa, and southeast Asia.

In other words, we'd need to stop committing wrongs against them and ensure justice for any wrongs that were committed. Otherwise, the trust will never be real. Isn't that the whole reason we have a criminal justice here? So we can right the wrongs ("restitution") and punish the offender?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:26 AM
    link   
    a reply to: markosity1973

To be fair, multiculturalism goes both ways. The West has never had a problem forcing Western cultural values onto every other country, either. Right or wrong, the West has pushed its own moral crusades against the rest of the world for how long now?

And that's not counting the forced Westernization of the world through colonialism and imperialism. I don't often hear critics of multiculturalism complain about why people in South America speak European languages, or why English is spoken worldwide. Remember, the whole reason China and Japan opened up to the West was through war and the threats of war.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:40 AM
    link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

To be fair, multiculturalism goes both ways. The West has never had a problem forcing Western cultural values onto every other country, either. Right or wrong, the West has pushed its own moral crusades against the rest of the world for how long now?

And that's not counting the forced Westernization of the world through colonialism and imperialism. I don't often hear critics of multiculturalism complain about why people in South America speak European languages, or why English is spoken worldwide. Remember, the whole reason China and Japan opened up to the West was through war and the threats of war.

I think you are perhaps confusing globalisation - as in creating a global community where nations interact with the post WW2 ideology of we must create nations where all peoples are mixed up.

Japan is full of JAPANESE people for example. The multiculturalism experiment has lead to the most awful clash in the last 20 years or so. Some cultures just need their own space and should be left to their right of self determination instead of trying to assimilate them into a melting pot.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:53 AM
    link   

No, it's a form of multiculturalism. We literally force our culture's style of governing and our culture's version of human rights onto other countries. The West forced Christian culture and European racism onto "Latin" American countries and it's persisted to this day. The very reason they're called "Latinos" and "Latinas" is because of the Latin cultural heritage they have and proudly display (note: not all people in those countries are considered "Latino/Latino". It was basically their version of America's "white" social/political designation).

India is another perfect example, with the UK literally forcing British culture onto the people of India. This included sports, language, beauty standards, and cultural norms. India is now obsessed/possessed with "fair skin" and skin bleaching. And France may have been the worse, at least when it comes to Central and Northern Africa. People in many of those countries still speak French and follow French cultural norms to this day.

And let's not forget the constant push to spread our culture's version of democracy onto other countries, whether they want it or not. And the same goes for our constant pushes for LGBT rights, our version of women's rights, our labor practices, etc. I'm not saying that's a bad thing and I'm glad we do it in many cases. But it's still a form of multiculturalism because we're pushing our culture into their homelands, regardless of what they traditionally and culturally do.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:04 AM
    link   
    Umm before the country can worry about gaining the trust of other nations..

Maybe they should work on regaining the trust of the people inside America.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:05 AM
    link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
    I've been out of the USA for many years and also served in the US military, so this is why I'm asking this question. First I'd like to say my experience has really been in South East Asia all this time and I've seen first hand of the solid trust between governments in this area to now even a "gentleman's agreement" doesn't even come with any belief. Kind of like a contract doing business in China, which means a contract really amounts to only a "suggestion".

Anyway, I hope the American politicians in govt. can once again start to build "trust" between nations.

What's your thinking on how to do this?

Mine is; just start telling the way it is and the way it has to be between nations. If TPP can do it, why not governments.

The elites are raping the US citizens for cash, to fund the MIC ( military industrial complex).

They can steal more from the US middle class than they can get from any European country if they took everything any of them had.

They then weilded this technological and logistical juggernaut like a kid that found his dads gun.

Trust?

Lol, there is no way to trust absolute greed and inane lust of power.

If the EU China Russia India Australia and Japan all joined forces with the US citizens , we still could not break the strangle hold that greed and power lust has over these people.

They will have the entire world licking their boots, or they will see it all burn to nothing.

If they can't have it all, nobody will have anything, because they will make sure there is nothing left before they give up control!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:28 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

The first problem is reputational. To address this problem the US needs to accept that it can live in harmoney with the rest of the world without having to conquoer it. Ameericians have to demand that their govt is a law abiding govt that obeys its laws and welcomes external audit of the that complaince.

The second problem is legal. The US is leading the slide into the black hole of Tyranny. It has to travel in the opposite direction to the direction they have been traveling in since 911.

They have to have an international commission of inquiry into corruption in the US. Such a commission has to be drawn from volunteers form all countries who names are drawn at random in the same way lotto numbers and drawn and it has be internationally televised to not just ensure integrity of the system but ensure it is seen to be so.

Such an inquiry will be briefed on corruption in all its forms by experts in the area who selected by the same method outlined above.

For such an equity to teeth it must have adequate financial, perhaps in the order order of a billion to two and other resources to ensure its objectives are adequately fulfilled.

Another change is constitutional. Something must be included in the constitution to make it easy for the people to have a referendum using modern technology that is tamper proof, on any subject matter affecting wide ranging and cover external activities, internal security and domestic policy's in all the key areas, health, tax, defense, energy policy, etc

Get the idea?

All this can happen if the people of the US learn the law and enforce their rights.

This site is a good place to start learning the problems facing the US (and many other countries) and potential solutions Link

Um, if the US wanted empire, we could have had it.

We could have just kept France and Italy, and Japan and the Philippines, and North Africa, and Iraq and Afghanistan.... Etc...

You see clear as day we did not wage war to take and keep and expand the US!

If we wanted to we could have, many times, by the right of conquest, claimed and kept many nations.

England - took all lands it could control and kept them, up to the 20th century.

France-the same thing

Germany - the same thing

Russia - still does this today... Cough... Crimea

US- has given back 90% of the land that it has conquered. It only kept the continental US, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, America Samoa and the Virgin Islands. ( I might have missed a couple of minor spots in there )

No other nation in history has conquered as much only to give it back over to its native inhabitants.

Hell, at the end if WW2 when Russia kept all of Easter Europe, the US could have kept all of North Africa, western Europe and all of the pacific islands the Philippines and Japan!!

Only England and Russia could have opposed us.

And honestly, England would have been at best a post note to this, we had enough troops in England to cause quite a mess why we took full control of our holdings.

If the US wanted empire, we would have one!!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:33 AM
    link   
    They will Never trust US.
    they have gone to far.
    the Only way would be to dissolve government.
    and let the People make a new one.
    NOT made up of the Rich and people who just want to line thire pockets.

And pay they a small wage!

edit on 3-4-2016 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
    link   

They should follow the example of US citizens. Obey, ignore, consume.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
    link   
    We get a lot of negative feedback on the president...Obama this and that, Bush this and that, Clinton this and that, however...our real problem lies with Congress.

Term limits would help stop the money and corruption or at least lesson it to a good degree. Congress is what makes other countries think American's are buffoons. And we keep electing the same peeps in there over and over again.

Next stop our drone wars. Drone strikes on families create terrorists. Simple.

Lastly, you guys know we have over 700 military installations all over the world right? We have military bases on almost every single country on earth. How do you expect other countries to trust us?

Oh and if we could stop the NSA from spying on every single citizen on earth, that would be great too.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
    link   
    I am sure that it is a very much difficult thing to do. In my opinion world will not believe in such efforts. But in order to reach this aim our country should change everything and the political system too
    edit on 9-6-2016 by Fingom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
    link   

First off our government needs to earn our trust back first.

When that happens the real of the world will follow en suit.

top topics

join