It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald John Trump is So Refreshing!! His Latest Plans to: "Make America The Greatest Again".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
April 2, 2016

Excerpt/Quote:

Donald Trump said in an interview that economic conditions are so perilous that the country is headed for a “very massive recession” and that “it’s a terrible time right now” to invest in the stock market, embracing a distinctly gloomy view of the economy that counters mainstream economic forecasts.

The New York billionaire dismissed concern that his comments — which are exceedingly unusual, if not unprecedented, for a major party front-runner — could potentially affect financial markets.

“I know the Wall Street people probably better than anybody knows them,” said Trump, who has misfired on such predictions in the past. “I don’t need them.”

Trump’s go-it-alone instincts were a consistent refrain — “I’m the Lone Ranger,” he said at one point — during a 96-minute interview, in which he talked candidly about his aggressive style of campaigning and offered new details about what he would do as president.

Full Story (mod note: in the Washington Post) : In a revealing interview, Trump predicts a ‘massive recession’ but intends to eliminate the national debt in 8 years

Comment:
The Washington Post seems to be amazed that a front-runner for Republican nomination would speak so frankly and candidly about his belief.. that a major U.S. Recession is imminent. Maybe they forgot who was being interviewed, LOL. Donald Trump also says that he will eliminate the USA's debt by the end of his second term.

Personally, I prefer Donald Trump's Presidential goals, over Ted Cruz's. Ted wants to totally wipe out agencies... like the IRS, Planned Parenthood, Obamacare. Mr. Trump wants to build and modernize infrastructures. This will create tons of jobs both directly, and indirectly. It would be really great if these two could "bury the hatchet", and run on the same ticket as Pres/VicePres.

At any rate, it's refreshing to see Donald Trump return to focusing on what he wants to do, instead of responding to inflammatory/trick questions from immature people who are pretending to be reporters.

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/2/17 by JustMike because: ex tags added, link fixed to show title of article at the WAPO.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You know what really is sad about all this, it's when the good thoughts and action of a man comes across as being quite sane, these days those actions are diluted with "that's too good to be true". The fact that ACA was probably started with good intentions, it did fall short as I understand for quite some people.

Anyway, I hope, if true, his dream and hope of becoming president of the US comes true for him and the nation.

+46 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
So let me get this straight…

Trump says the USA is going to hell in a handbasket, UNLESS we elect him as president to save all of us?

Come on man, this is some politics 101 stuff.

And Donald is the one responsible for saying inflammatory and immature statements that the reporters talk about (he is a presidential candidate after all) and then have to ask him 'did you really just say that?'… to which he responds, 'yes'. And then he changes his statement a few hours later (or days, or months, or years depending on the statement... it's hard to keep track there have been so many).

Refreshing? Ugh. I'd say same old elite corruption disguised as an "outsider" spiced with the reality TV drama and shoot-from-the-hip half-wits we've come to expect from the Trump. Far from refreshing. Now 'rotten and destructive'? That I'd agree with.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
So let me get this straight…

Trump says the USA is going to hell in a handbasket, UNLESS we elect him as president to save all of us?

Where's the plan man?

Where is the HOW are you going to do it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I just start a thread about a prediction I'm making of a very near future major economic downturn.

I also lost recently about the new banking regulations that are going to tighten everyone's belts.

What I'm saying is I think a bunch of us see the same exact issues.
edit on 4/3/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

He's going to raise tariffs on international imports haven't you been listening?

The trade deficits are massive amounts of leverage on their financial markets and he can probably use his famous negotiating skills to get what he wants.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

He's going to raise tariffs on international imports haven't you been listening?

The trade deficits are massive amounts of leverage on their financial markets and he can probably use his famous negotiating skills to get what he wants.

Kinda makes me think what would happen if all the Mexican's quit their jobs and left America.

There are consequences.
edit on 3-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Donald John Trump is So Refreshing!! His Latest Plans to: "Make America The Greatest Again".

I do not agree with you that vanity and corruption can "Make America The Greatest Again", as if it's 'greatness' were anything other than piggish greedy Faithless collecting of money/resources, and it's (violence) violent expansion!
A successful virus can be called 'great'. also!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Donald Trump also says that he will eliminate the USA's debt by the end of his second term.

But, he will not tell us how he plans to do it unless we elect him twice. That second term he will reveal his plan he promises, cross your heart style.

Who is going to save us from drowning in his BS? It keeps getting deeper.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well, read Trump's tax plan. It'll raise the debt.

As a result, the Trump plan increases the federal deficit over the next decade by $10 trillion or $12 trillion, according to several estimates

Fortune

Yeah...I kind of trust the folks over at Fortune to know a thing or to about economics...and they're basing this on several studies.

So, just like it seems with everything else -- Trump says one thing, but actual FACTS say another.

And facts, apparently, don't matter anymore. Personally, I blame the internet and people's willingness and want to believe what they agree with (that's called 'confirmation bias' by the way). Sadly, this is the reality we now live in:

God help us all.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Kinda makes me think what would happen if all the Mexican's quit their jobs and left America.

Put millions of US CITIZENS back to work?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Trump has four bankruptcies behind him, he must get it right soon ? Right? Right ?!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Put millions of US CITIZENS back to work?

No, it would cause a lot of small businesses to go out of business. Your favorite local restaurant? Yeah, it'd be closed. Forever.

Anthony Bourdain, famous chef and star of "No Reservations" said it best:

In 2007, Bourdain told the Houston Press’ Robb Walsh, “The bald fact is that the entire restaurant industry in America would close down overnight, would never recover, if current immigration laws were enforced quickly and thoroughly across the board.”

Link

The fact is, the entire economic structure is predicated/based on cheap illegal labor. All the budgets, forecasts and whatnot that these businesses have are based around cheap, below minimum wage labor.

We've created and maintained entire sectors of our economy on illegal labor that we can't support if even minimum wage was required to be paid.

People like you think that magically these companies and businesses can afford to just pay legal workers minimum wage.

It's not true. Utterly, not true.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I just start a thread about a prediction I'm making of a very near future major economic downturn.

I also lost recently about the new banking regulations that are going to tighten everyone's belts.

What I'm saying is I think a bunch of us see the same exact issues.

What you may not be aware of, the same banking regulations are/have taken hold of this April 1st over here.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
You seem awful sure about that. But , from my forgiving soul , I will allow you time to think . Use the time well.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

How did the country exist before when people had more purchasing power and better wages in the past?

Why did that change?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah but if he just punitively raises tariffs on international imports, then other nations around the world will match that by raising tariffs against American exports.

It's a global economy now.

Slapping a 30% import tax on an iphone won't make Apple move factories back into the US, it will just make iphones 30% more expensive for American consumers.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Yeah, I very much agree. It's the same here in the UK. Without cheap immigrant labour from Eastern Europe, with people prepared to work long hours for less than minimum wage, the hotel/restaurant/farming industries would all collapse. Those three sectors are absolutely dependent on cheap migrant workforces.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Personally, I prefer Donald Trump's Presidential goals, over Ted Cruz's. Ted wants to totally wipe out agencies... like the IRS, Planned Parenthood, Obamacare. Mr. Trump wants to build and modernize infrastructures. This will create tons of jobs both directly, and indirectly. It would be really great if these two could "bury the hatchet", and run on the same ticket as Pres/VicePres.

How exactly do any of the candidates get their agendas enacted unilaterally?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
He went to China and begged them to bail out his Riverside Project which they did. Trump just says stuff. No plan, no idea what he is talking about most of the time and a no clue how will do whatever thing he just said he will do. Which he will then deny he said or claim nobody understood what he really meant later.

I had just seen where the Pentagon was tired of answering questions every time he says something stupid about the military. Since it is a campaign they can not even say his name. So if asked about one of Trumps stupid statements the Pentagon can not say, Trump is an idiot and has no idea what he is talking about, they have to say the current policy is this and then a statement of facts.

And Trump has a terrible record on reading the economy. They guy even opened a mortgage company right before the housing market crashed.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join