It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female/Male Sexuality

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What's up ATS this is a topic i found very surprising to say the least. So yesterday i was at my friend's apartment. We were hanging out drinking a couple beers with his roommates(who happen to be girls). We were conversating having a good time when my friend made a remark. He was telling us about his coworker. He works as a server. He said he went to the back of the kitchen and he saw one of his coworkers looking visibly distressed. He asked her what was wrong. She replied that she couldn't stop thinking about sex. She wasn't hitting on him lets make this clear. She was genuinely distressed. She opened up to him and started telling him very personal info. She told him that she thinks about sex constantly more than 100 times a day and that she has been like that since the age of THIRTEEN! I've never heard of something like this.

I was always taught to think that men were the horny little bastards and women were less likely to think about it. I found it kind of amusing and laughed it off and said maybe she should find some hobbies to take her mind off sex. He was telling me that it was a genuine problem she had. I noticed that the girls we were with were quiet. I asked them what they thought. They told us they could relate to the girl because they had the same problem too. All this came to a shock for me. They also started explaining how A LOT of girls they know are like this. These are nice respectable girls that go to good schools. But i was so surprised I never knew! They also told us that women were definitely more promiscuous than men. I don't know maybe it is cause we are young(21 yrs old) and our bodies are in overdrive with pheromones. Who knows.. But i found it all very interesting so i googled it and came upon a study that confirmed what the girls were saying. www.smh.com.au...< br />
So what do you guys think i would definitely love opinions from other girls in this subject as well as what guys think. To me it was kinda obvious that this may have been the case. When i was in high school the percentage of dudes not having sex was definitely greater than those that were. Then there was the percentage who were monogamous with just one partner. Then the smallest percentage of guys who were having sex with anything that walks HA!.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My wife must not have received that memo.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

I don't understand what your point is?
There are sexual hormones in both genders and when we hit puberty we start to explore our bodies.
Maybe you're raised without sisters? Or why is this shocking? Yes, women are humans too.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

100x a day for a female? I don't find that odd. I thought men were supposed to think about sex 100x in an hour.

As for promiscuity, men always claim more sexual partners in their lives than females. That has never made any sense to me. If men have an average amount of partners in their lives, women should have the same amount. Whatever that number is.

I am also not sure what this 'respectable girls from good schools ' thing is. That is an outdated idea.

I finished reading the article. I am not surprised, yet the author 'needs to go have a lie down'. LOL The advent of social media might have added to this, but I don't think much.
edit on 2-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah most Men like to exaggerate their conquests, whilst most women down play theirs.

O.P I remember when I left construction and started an admin job, where the workforce was around 80% female. The conversations at break times were excruciatingly embarrassing at times, as the women would discuss their sex lives in great detail.

It was a real eye opener for a 22 year old and gave me a great education into what women want, if you catch my drift.
edit on 2/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Why is it we are in the 21rst century, and men still don't realize women are sexual beings too? You know, hormones, drive, etc?

These are nice respectable girls that go to good schools.

What does this have to do with a womans sexuality? So if she enjoys sex too much, she's not a good girl? Again with the religious driven, bronze age thinking. (Not aimed directly at you OP. In general.)

There is a woman quoted on the internet who explains it in a most eloquent way. Her name is Nicole Scott.
"...the expression of my sexuality does not negate my integrity, intelligence or autonomy"

I personally, have never met a woman, who was honest with herself and me that didn't think about sex as much, or more than I did. So what? Where's the problem? (Again. Not aimed at you personally.) This is one topic that just really pisses me off. Guys, it's time to grow up!
edit on 4/2/2016 by Klassified because: missed a word

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

its not about respectability and definitely of them thinking about sex as much as men. They clearly said they think about it constantly. Like literally they told me it is always there in the back of their mind. They didnt seem to think it was liberating more like a constant nagging in their mind.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thats the thing they didnt like it. They saw it almost as an obsession that they couldn't shake off.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Lol. Women are hornier than men. So many poor guys don't realise this. Also, if your wife ain't putting out, you're doing something wrong...

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

100x an hour lol? I think about it vividly about twice a day. I may think a girl is cute but i dont hop right to sex in my mind.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sounds like stereotypes.
Blondes and jocks are dumb.
Men with many partners are studs
Women are sluts
Republicans are racists
Blacks are thugs

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That's a social problem. If they weren't hanging out with guys which expect them to be "respectable girls" they would be self confident enough to shake off moral dogmas from the 1920ies.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Women downplay their conquests to other men but when they are comfortable and around a majority of women you better be prepared. lol

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hmm maybe but they seemed to think of it as a problem. They said it dominates their mind all the time it didnt sound too healthy to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros

its not about respectability and definitely of them thinking about sex as much as men. They clearly said they think about it constantly. Like literally they told me it is always there in the back of their mind. They didnt seem to think it was liberating more like a constant nagging in their mind.

If you were a female, and had suffered the double-standard that women live with every day, you might see it as a problem too.
Let it be known that a woman gives into her desires, and has had multiple partners, and see the difference in the way she is treated, as opposed to a man. When women are truly seen by their male counterparts as equals in the ways that count. Women won't have to hide their sexual nature, as they have had to for millennia. No one will give it a second thought.

Just FYI. I was once in a serious relationship with a very attractive young lady, who couldn't even tell you how many partners she had been with, there were so many. How many of you guys would have gone into a serious relationship with her knowing that? Not many I'm guessing, for a myriad of excuses.
Yet, I know more than one man who is no different, and seen by guys, and even girls with little to no judgement for their promiscuity.
edit on 4/2/2016 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Greetings-

Or maybe these Young Lasses had an adolescent psychology class or 4 or maybe some Freud and have figured out a way to "tease the boys"? Then this goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden and NOT "Eve" but Adam's first wife, "Lilith" She is the one that gets blamed for males having 'wet dreams' and NOT the males for thinking what they think. (read: "scapegoat" Lee Harvey)
Didn't know Adam had a first wife? "In the beginning was Adam(u) and Lilith, created from the same dirt...." (This meant they were "equal"... Remove Lilith and bring in the sub-servient "Eve" who is made from Adam's rib (NON-Equal)

But do NOT irritate these Young Ladies.. Bring them along for "Ladies Night" so they can buy You drinks..

namaste

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

well my ex girlfriend lost count of the amount of guys she was with and it never bothered me so i wouldn't know. That kind of stuff only mattered in high school when kids were immature as #. When your older your obviously going to have more sex partners so i was never bothered by it.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Hmm maybe but they seemed to think of it as a problem. They said it dominates their mind all the time it didnt sound too healthy to me.

It never dominates the male mind. Right? Lol. It's always in the back of our minds too. The difference is, men don't have to feel bad about it, so we don't pay it much attention. Women get the reaction that this thread has fostered without trying to(Again. Not aimed directly at you). They're supposed to feel loose and slutty for thinking about sex as much or more than we do. Which leads to repression, and to them(and others obviously) thinking they have a problem, when in actuality, they're normal.
edit on 4/2/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

well my ex girlfriend lost count of the amount of guys she was with and it never bothered me so i wouldn't know. That kind of stuff only mattered in high school when kids were immature as #. When your older your obviously going to have more sex partners so i was never bothered by it.

Then you sir, are a better man than many I've met. I was warned and criticized for even being with her. She was called every nasty name you could think of calling a woman. Yet none of them could see just what hypocrites they were.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

you might be right. it might have to do with the repression of their desires. I also was comparing them to myself which wasnt fair. Even though I'm a male i dont think about sex as often as other guys. This has pissed off a couple of girls who have tried to flirt with me cause i didnt notice what they were doing lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join