It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cows cows cows. YOU produce methane too, or did you forget that.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I was laying in bed the other day passing gas and it occurred to me that we all do it on pretty much daily basis

Billions and billions of people producing methane like there is no tomorrow

But we never admit to it do we, we make documentaries blaming cows pigs and farming

Well I got news for you, I pass more gas if I eat vegetarian for few days, more not less

Poor cows, we've built our civilisation on backs of cows, be they buffalo or milk cows and now we blame them for methane

Cows have been taking it up the shaft from humans forever

Worked to death
Eaten to death
Blamed to death

Now excuse me I have leftover steak to warm up, I don't know what you do in your house but I don't throw away leftover steak

Show cows some respect, do you people realise that in the old days if mother didn't have milk for a baby (it happens more often than you think)

It was thanks to cows that baby had milk and didn't starve to death

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Cow was the original ford F-150 truck, even before horses.

And now cows are the problem eh ??

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
(Voice talking fast)
This message put for forth by Canadian dairy farmers.

Lol

Kidding but hey you know what i'd rather be dairy farmers shill than one of whole bunch of CIA shills online

Dairy farmers produce milk and meat

CIA produces chaos, death and false flags

Hmm difficult decision who to shill for LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

Seriously. If you think the average human beats cows at passing gases, then you really need to visit a farm, mate.

Cows are... impressive in that respect.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: VanGcouverite
I was laying in bed the other day passing gas and it occurred to me that we all do it on pretty much daily basis

Billions and billions of people producing methane like there is no tomorrow

But we never admit to it do we, we make documentaries blaming cows pigs and farming

Well I got news for you, I pass more gas if I eat vegetarian for few days, more not less

Poor cows, we've built our civilisation on backs of cows, be they buffalo or milk cows and now we blame them for methane

Cows have been taking it up the shaft from humans forever

Worked to death
Eaten to death
Blamed to death

Now excuse me I have leftover steak to warm up, I don't know what you do in your house but I don't throw away leftover steak

Show cows some respect, do you people realise that in the old days if mother didn't have milk for a baby (it happens more often than you think)

It was thanks to cows that baby had milk and didn't starve to death

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Cow was the original ford F-150 truck, even before horses.

And now cows are the problem eh ??

No worries, I heard that part of agenda 21 for sustainability is to ban meat eating.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Qwerm

Don't worry about agenda 21

We will have a war first

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

As usual you don't have quality posts

I didn't write that single human could beat a cow at methane production

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We are blaming ourselves, not the cows...

The source of the methane is the amount of cattle, the reason for the amount of cattle is obviously us.

I think you miss the main message and get stuck on farts.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Umm , i really dont know what to make of this post . Nope i am confused .

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I saw a documentary about 5 years ago, they keep cows in a sealed building and use there gas(methane) to power the whole farm. Its pretty interesting I suggest you check it out. I believe they collect the gas and burn it to create power, pretty cool stuff

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Cows produce more methane through burping than they do farting but yeah the increase in global population has led to an increase in cow farming and so methane production.
Methane however isn't really a problem as it lasts in the atmosphere for only about 12 years , other pollution and radiation lasts a lot longer.

My plea would be not only respect cows but show them respect by not buying indoor reared factory famed meat , if we are to eat animals we should at least give them a quality of life before doing so.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Please don't give our A.I. overlords ideas.It's bad enough that the Matrix film had us doomed,now you exacerbate it.

Anyhoo,there are far more cows than humans,aren't there?So it doesn't matter how many beans and onions you eat.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Anyhoo,there are far more cows than humans,aren't there?

No.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Yeah, the problem with your argument is that we're not farming billions of Humans for food, of which more than 26% is wasted.

And, people are not blaming cows, people blame the bloated and wasteful industry and the insanely wasteful population. When you know that up to 26% of Beef (and every other meat too) is wasted every year, and how much it takes to rear them, you start to realize just how utterly insane our consumer culture has become.

The price of meat products should be A LOT HIGHER than it is. This is the ONLY thing that will stop people from being so damn wasteful.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You have leftover steak???

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wonder what methane levels were like when thousands of mammoth and other grass eaters roamed the earth?

About 1.5 billion cattle on the planet that is 1 for every 4 estimate and humans on average eat 1/20 of a cow per year, this is only going to grow as populations grow and the rest of the world catches up to the big meat eaters.

It's a problem to be aware of, though as Gortex mentioned methane lasts 12 years in the atmosphere. I'd be more weary of dormant methane bubbles pocketed away in the planet. Or the tonnage of carbon released by the likes of China.

Maybe in 50 years methane reduction will be China's biggest problem and the fact people are eating too much cattle

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

It's estimated there are around 1.5 billion cows worldwide so we still have the upper hand , but if they ever team up with the other farmyard animals we're doomed.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Have you ever heard of the cartoon series called,"Back at the Barnyard"?
The animals on that farm have taken over and their leader is Otis a bull.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Methane is just one part of the carbon chain. All the cow farts and people activity spewing other carbons into the biosphere don't measure up to the natural sources, like average bacteria munching away on all the worlds rotting organic matter, forest fires, and volcanic activity, for instance.

is there a link for that?

Whatever, we are adding to the total, making it ever worse by our actions.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Bacteria (whitch makes Gas!)
are the thing that started life on this planet!
and You Can Not live with out bacteria IN your body.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The price of meat products should be A LOT HIGHER than it is. This is the ONLY thing that will stop people from being so damn wasteful

The same argument used to push the price of cigarettes up. Why not triple the price of potato chips, candy or sodas in the fight against obesity. Why not quadruple the price of gas or ban motor vehicles from pleasure activities. Ban entertainment and plasma screens from the elderly, after all they're not going to be around much longer. Ban the politicians; they dont contribute to the GDP.

Next they should ban you, you think your opinion counts for much? What makes you think your extremist views are shared by anyone else?

26% of Beef (and every other meat too) is wasted every year

Nothing is wasted in the slaughter of a cow. The waste comes from certain people that have never experienced true hunger. Ordering with their "eyes" and not with logic or moderation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join