It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Was Such a Good Day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I had a really good day today. After months of saving, I finally bought a new Mac.

I'm sure some will flame me for being happy over a machine. Or feel like I am materialistic, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I've gone months without doing any photography as I had no way to edit, save for taking photos with my iPhone. But, if you are into photography like I am, it is just not the same. I really missed taking photos with my camera, the entire process of it.

Plus, it is SO MUCH EASIER to post to ATS and I can finally update my avatar, too!

Plus, for some reason, I kind of suck at phone photos, lol.

Anyway, I thought I would share my joy with other members of ATS. I rarely buy anything like this and when I do, I pay cash. No credit, no financing BS.

If it is worth having, it is worth saving for.

Then you really appreciate it. That's just my honest opinion anyway.

edit on 2-4-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Lol... glad to hear. I have an HP laptop that's 6 years old. Today I got a message saying it will no longer support Google Chrome for MS Vista and or XP. Sooooo when my tax return gets to me😁.

Happy to see you happy👍😄

Edit. It's OK because I do all my mails and ATS'ing by tablet. The laptop is for graphic work anyway.
edit on 2-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Lol... glad to hear. I have an HP laptop that's 6 years old. Today I got a message saying it will no longer support Google Chrome for MS Vista and or XP. Sooooo when my tax return gets to me😁.

Happy to see you happy👍😄

Thank you. It wasn't easy spending that much on a computer, but they do last. My macbook was 7 years old, so I got my money's worth with that one. I lugged that thing everywhere, all my trips, etc.

I definitely wasn't easy on it, by any means!

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You saved up and bought what you wanted. That is great and you should enjoy yourself.
You deserve every bit of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Oh just wait. But the perks. My good friend has a couple Websites. After crash after crash... and viruses. He forked up some serious money for an Apple. It came with the highest support if an issue come about. Since it's his livelyhood.

The site still gets hacked daily. But his computer has yet to have issues. Running on Apple 2 years now. On the old cpu, he had other friends from Robert Morris University media science dept. Do all the updates. Now he does it within minutes. He claims it is easy.

He said add on memory is where it gets pricy. The only apple I own is an ipod. So I can't vouch for that.

BTW.. when I say graphics on my computer. I'm talking photos from my camera... which get converted for painting.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Congratulations! My laptop is two years old and still feels brand new and exciting!

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Nothing like taking that New Mac out of that white smooth packaging.

edit on 2-4-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

(post by LorenBlack removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join