It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make America LOVE again!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There is currently a thread here that is on the front page that attempts to depicts Sanders supporters as violent. I share this video to counter this claim and show the true colors of Sanders supporters as opposed to the version being promoted.

I find it ironic that Sanders supporters are being demonized as aggressive and violent when there is ample evidence of hate being promoted and demonstrated at Trump rallies, being incited by Trumps own divisive words.

The vibe being shown in response to this man wearing a Free Hugs shirt exemplifies the message responsible for Bernie's success. Quite literally the message Sanders has been representing his entire career in politics and his personal life before hand.

The only way forward is to embrace one another as the same!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430pmFriday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Love, American Style? 😍😚😻💑❤

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

More Hippies less Drippies.

We're a Beautiful Country when we let ourselves shine.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

That was great thx for sharing....

Amazing how infectious the happiness is, watching all the smiles in that vid i would bet the hugs made quite a few peoples day.....

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I thought that was what Hilary was going to do?

#clintonkisses?

Hahha of course an evil joke, I'm sorry.

Glad to see you around again friend, hope you've been well ♡

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm all for peace and love. I also disagree with the premise that ALL Bernie supporters or ALL Trump supporters are violent and hateful. Both (all) parties and candidates have a violent element, which can't be denied.

I haven't watched the video yet but from what I see, there are only Bernie supporters present. Would they be just as peaceful if there was a person wearing a Trump or Cruz shirt/hat/whatever standing next to the Free Hugs shirt? Even if said person was just standing there peacefully would that person be attacked? I realize that at a Trump rally the answer would probably be yes.
You can't really judge these supporters in their own element, surrounded by their people, because they have no issue. Only when you throw in an opposite viewpoint can you really judge them on the peace and the love.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I just have to wonder if there would still be love if anti-Bernie protestors showed up trying to infringe on the rights of the Sanders supporters.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I saw a theory that a lot of these protesters causing trouble in Sander's name are Clinton operatives. And some of it I don't really doubt it. I don't really see too many Clinton supporters protesting at Trump rallies or at least not heavily reported about. They mostly seem to be Bernie supporters.

I think I even saw somewhere the woman that was throwing up the Nazi salute at a Trump rally with a Bernie shirt on was actually a long time Clinton supporter.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can't speak to that directly as I have never attended a rally in my life. I did, however, attend the county convention and assembly for the Dems as a Bernie delegate and I can tell you that there was very little if any animosity between the Clinton delegates and the Bernie delegates. There may be some at the national level, but -- let's face it: everything is more F'd up at the national level, so I take it with a grain of salt.

I actually spoke to 3 pro-Trump "protesters," (I put it in quotes because they were quick to mention that they were not protesters in any traditional sense, like "Occupy") and they also seemed like nice people.

The only real animosity I see with regard to the presidential election is on CNN (one talking head acting outraged at something and three panelists shouting talking points over each other. What a joke!) on Facebook, and here at ATS (not everyone, obviously).

Something is trying to keep everyone angry and at each others throats over all of this and I suspect its the people with the most to lose if we act rationally and, you know, talk to each other for a change. In other words -- the media.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That was great thx for sharing....

Amazing how infectious the happiness is, watching all the smiles in that vid i would bet the hugs made quite a few peoples day.....

It truly was heart warming, from the cops engaging in the hugs themselves to the circle group hugs that kept getting bigger!

I smiled throughout the whole video, except for the beginning at the Trump rally which I believe they made short for a reason, you know the whole hate thing!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430pmFriday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I thought that was what Hilary was going to do?

#clintonkisses?

Hahha of course an evil joke, I'm sorry.

Glad to see you around again friend, hope you've been well ♡

Haha! a star for your evil joke my friend!

I can only imagine the Clinton campaign attempting such a marketing strategy, however I think they would scrap it at the brainstorming table, no one would kiss such a monster or allow themselves to be kissed, newborn babies would probably jump and run at the threat of such a terrifying experience!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430pmFriday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I wouldn't want some creepy guy giving me hugs.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingKelson
I'm all for peace and love. I also disagree with the premise that ALL Bernie supporters or ALL Trump supporters are violent and hateful. Both (all) parties and candidates have a violent element, which can't be denied.

I haven't watched the video yet but from what I see, there are only Bernie supporters present. Would they be just as peaceful if there was a person wearing a Trump or Cruz shirt/hat/whatever standing next to the Free Hugs shirt? Even if said person was just standing there peacefully would that person be attacked? I realize that at a Trump rally the answer would probably be yes.
You can't really judge these supporters in their own element, surrounded by their people, because they have no issue. Only when you throw in an opposite viewpoint can you really judge them on the peace and the love.

You are correct, there is no way to label "all supporters" in the same category.

We are all human and come from different lives and experiences.

However in the beginning of the video you have not watched, the free hugs guy, went to a Trump rally in Wisconsin with nothing to suggest that he was not a Trump supporter and received a less than polite welcome. Perhaps it was simply the shirt that one old man thought said "free drugs" or perhaps it was because of his welcoming energy, not really sure, but he was met with vehement reactions from just about every person.

I believe they emphasized the Sanders supporters because of the whole point. That being that even though he had nothing showing he supported Sanders, his message of free hugs, with its innate message of love and compassion was what the responded to.

Why show the hate when you can show the LOVE!?
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430pmFriday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Nicely said.

I am nowhere even close to being a Bernie supporter. But I will always support the right for people to choose whomever they wish.

I just wish more people would believe the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I just have to wonder if there would still be love if anti-Bernie protestors showed up trying to infringe on the rights of the Sanders supporters.

Protesting anything does not infringe upon the rights of others.

It is a fundamental display of our constitutional rights.

When I look at the issues of "Sanders" supporters, who have been linked to Soros, disrupting traffic and other such nonsense I can not help but feel Hillary Clintons influence with her billionaire amigos aimed at portraying her real threat (Sanders) supporters as the problem.

Considering the way the media, a known establishment weapon, trumpeted this nonsense, I immediately became suspicious of such tactics.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
I saw a theory that a lot of these protesters causing trouble in Sander's name are Clinton operatives. And some of it I don't really doubt it. I don't really see too many Clinton supporters protesting at Trump rallies or at least not heavily reported about. They mostly seem to be Bernie supporters.

I think I even saw somewhere the woman that was throwing up the Nazi salute at a Trump rally with a Bernie shirt on was actually a long time Clinton supporter.

This right here is the most logical explanation of what is happening. It does not take much to fabricate anything and I do not think Hillary is concerned about her friend Trump, she is terrified of Sanders and the growing demand for her accountability.

First of all I believe that Clinton supporters are much like bigfoot. I keep hearing about them but I have never met them.

I am waiting for someone to pitch a show on the History channel to being the search!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I wouldn't want some creepy guy giving me hugs.

Just saying.

The fact that you observed this video and consider this peaceful man promoting love "creepy" implies your own prejudice, I agree with you on many of your stances Metallicus, but this one I respectfully disagree.

Love is love and we are truly all in this together.

I believe this is what this man was trying to show.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Protesting does not infringe on the rights of others.

but infringing on the rights of others, does infringe upon the rights of others.

There is a difference.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Protesting does not infringe on the rights of others.

but infringing on the rights of others, does infringe upon the rights of others.

There is a difference.

I agree with you wholeheartedly here.

I just question who it is that is funding crossing the line of protesting to infringement and as has been pointed out here on ATS, Soros's dirty little hands help me answer that question, the establishment.
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago04America/Chicago430pmFriday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

The only real animosity I see with regard to the presidential election is on CNN (one talking head acting outraged at something and three panelists shouting talking points over each other. What a joke!) on Facebook, and here at ATS (not everyone, obviously).

This right here is how you can weed through the deception.

If the media is presenting angle, it is probably nonsense meant to distract and divide.

I would love to see any clip showing the MSM bringing people together and not spreading hate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join