It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 Classic Children’s Book Quotes Every Adult Needs To Hear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
As a parent, I get to read a lot of children's books these days. In fact, our "homework" is to spend at least 10 minutes reading to our kid every night if possible. That's not big deal since we were already pretty much doing that anyhow.

But as you read some of the best of children's books you realize, the best of it is quite profound at times. And children's author is under pressure to package those big ideas on very simple phrases.

So here are 29 unexpected quotes in the middle of children's books. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sort of reminds me of a time when I was on a conference call discussing whatever the "urgent" problem was (something to do with rebuilding after Hurricane Sandy) and in trying to convince one of the units to stop putting up roadblocks (and after having watched Puss in Boots (the Shrek spin-off) a bunch of times.... once they were on the fence I exclaimed, "It's NEVER too late, to do the right thing!" (Edit to add: I exclaimed that in my best Antonio Bandares impersonation/voice).

I was surprised to find out, after the call ended well, how many people had seen that "blah" movie. I also made a few friends (well, work friends anyway) after that call because they enjoyed my quoting a children's movie in such an intense time.

edit on 1-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"Friend something better than chocolate ice cream... maybe friend somebody you give up last cookie for."

Cookie Monster

I love Cookie Monster...
edit on 4/1/2016 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Children's books can be the best, I'm off to read Little Women - that's a genuinely beautiful quote, conveying so much so simply, but I'll bitch about the hamfistedness of Rowling.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I would recommend "The Little Prince" movie that came out relatively recently. A lot of wisdom in there, I was very taken aback. Ironically it might be a bit hard to follow for kids.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

First let me say I enjoyed reading those quotes as they brought back some great memories of reading those books.

Second, let me say there is some sort of irony of your avatar of Christopher Walken posting children quotes!

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

'If you give a mouse a cookie, he’s going to ask for a glass of milk.' —Laura Numeroff, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

^^^ That really struck a chord with me. There are people in my life who cannot be thankful or appreciative. It's not in their genes so they always expect more or demand more. If they get the 'milk,' they want the strawberry milkshake. If they get that, they want something else.

In the end, you don't want to give the damned cookie to avoid them taking the fricken milk too!!!

top topics

join