It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA left explosive material on Loudoun school bus after training exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The CIA left “explosive training material” under the hood of a Loudoun County school bus after a training exercise last week, a bus that was used to ferry elementary and high school students to and from school on Monday and Tuesday with the material still sitting in the engine compartment, according to the CIA and Loudoun County officials.

The bus shuttled students to and from school for two days with the explosive material under the hood, making eight runs totaling 145 miles and carrying 26 students attending Rock Ridge High School, Buffalo Trail Elementary School and Pinebrook Elementary School.

CIA left explosive material on Loudoun school bus after training exercise

(The website asks for an email adress to be able to access the page. Any mail adress, no receiving a mail or confirmation needed - if you know what i mean)

So the CIA conducted a training exercice at a school, involving explosives and sniffing dogs.

They placed explosives in the school and in a school bus for the dogs to find.
The details on the explosives are just described as "putty type"

One of the explosives was not in the engine compartment and not retrieved.
So after the exercise was finished the school bus was driving around kids for 2 days with explosives in the engine compartment.

"CIA officials said in a statement that the material “did not pose a danger to passengers on the bus,” which was used on March 28 and 29. " - as always.

I am a bit speechless. This is a major fail, i would expect them to have control over how much explosives they put where, and how much explosives the retrieved in the exercice.

How else would you measure the success of such an exercice?

And of course it opens the question if there wasn't a more nefarious reason that the "putty" was left behind. Imagine the news of a school bus actually blowing up.

Either way, incredible incompetence or false flag attempt, safety is the last thing provided by actions like this.

edit on 1-4-2016 by svetlana84 because: added the bit about the email needed for accessing the link

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

So what we have is that someone in the CIA made a huge mistake, and instead of owning up, they are trying to say it doesn't matter?

And so goes the world.

SMH

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

False flag attempt?

Really?

There was no way the bus was going to blow up, even if it was real explosives.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Why make up lies?

Here's the statement...

To prevent such incidents from happening again, CIA has taken immediate steps to strengthen inventory and control procedures in its K-9 program. CIA will also conduct a thorough and independent review of CIA’s K-9 training program. CIA performed a full inventory this morning and accounted for all the explosive training material used in the K-9 training program.

LINK

Sounds like they've owned up to it to me.

edit on 1/4/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
While these training aid look and smell like explosives they are not. You can not detonate them. Although I would assume it would be scary if you found them and did not know that.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It did say in a CNN article that the material needed to be placed in a device to explode. I'm glad they suspended this practice. Why can't the CIA just buy an old school bus to train in?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

question is why do our tax dollars and drug money go to such incompetent goverment program. all involved should be fired and/or however the alphabet boys take care of ex agents

edit on 1-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think it would've been more fun if they had left a large quantity of their drug stash around

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

r u eod

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Government intelligence agencies and military (all militaries) have a shocking record for maintaining a quality safety management system wherein situations like this are virtually eliminated through checklists and policies and redundancy protocols.

I'm sure that someone has been dragged over the coals for this, it's a fundamental oversight to not have a post-operation weapon accounting system active for the drill.

edit on 1-4-2016 by Sublimecraft because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For the record the CIA didn't say it doesn't matter. They said there was no danger.
So the choice here is 1) They're covering ie lying or 2) Attempting to dispel fears and worries.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Make a note to see when that training class takes place.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

In a perfect world.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

"explosive training material" is pretty much play-doh.

This got blown way out of proportion.

Pun intended.

I spent 8 years as Marine EOD.

It's not a weapon to be accounted for. It's literally, no sh*t play-doh.
edit on 1-4-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Imagine the news of a school bus actually blowing up.

I am seeing a lot of references to attacks on school buses. Are they planning the next wave of horror?

www.stnonline.com...
edit on 1-4-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
It did say in a CNN article that the material needed to be placed in a device to explode. I'm glad they suspended this practice. Why can't the CIA just buy an old school bus to train in?

They go to local communities to train local law enforcement. The putty is harmless and thus not considered all that important to keep track of like explosives would be. The only danger is that is scared some people.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

r u eod

No, I worked in Counter Terror for a few years and they used the same sort stuff. Companies like this make it NEST non explosive training aids

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I am not sure about the stuff being "play doh".

The washington post article mentions "explosive material" and
"putty type material used on the battlefield". later it is described as " extremly stable".

I am no expert, but this sounds like real explosives.
off course it could be another case of sloppy journalism.

I guess if it would be just 'play-doh' that would be the first thing they'd say, just to cover their behinds.

I give you that you have a lot of experience in the field. And appreciate your inputs and informations. But the article disagrees with your assessment.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Read about this yesterday, and asked myself:

Isn´t it a terrorist act when someone plants explosive devices at school buses? Even for training exercises, if the explosive devices aren´t removed after the training?
Somehow not, if the bombplanter is the "almighty protector".
That saves us all from terror, from things like bombs on school buses.

There is little to see, just move along...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

r u eod

No, I worked in Counter Terror for a few years and they used the same sort stuff. Companies like this make it NEST non explosive training aids

Nowhere does anyone claim that the used material was the non explosive training aid material you are refering too. I see claims being made that it was an actual, yet stable explosive, which would require a detonator.

new topics

top topics

join