It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Dream..Can you help me figure out what it may mean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hello all,

First Off, I rarely dream, but when I do, they usually are pretty vivid.

Last night, I had a dream where I was really good friends with another guy. (I am white, he was black in my dream, don't know if that matters. And no, I am not racist, I love all people) In that dream, I remember we were on the road somewhere (no specific location that I can recall) and I really don't remember the context or what we were doing, but my actions lead to the death of my friend.

I specifically recall the intense amount of grief from him dying. I physically carried his body to his family, where I apologized profusely, and they had forgiven me. As I was carrying him to his final resting place, I felt him twitch. Then twitched again then got my attention, I looked down to see him, and it was him, but as a 3-4 year old child. At that point I woke up and really tried to make sense of it all.

One thing that I would like to point out is there was a recurring symbol that kept appearing throughout my dream, prominently as a tattoo on my buddies forearm. The symbol was a triangle with a circle in it like This

I really dont know what it may mean, and I was hoping someone could help me figure out what it means, I would appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bentai22

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows symbol......

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

How old was he when he died?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm thinking it was a UFO type of dream.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I would have to say about may age (40ish)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

It was similar to that symbol, but not exactly like it, I have done a websearch but can't find one that was the exact same.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Gotta think about your 'buddy' changing to a child. As far as the symbology, take your pic...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I think ur subconscious is feeling guilty from all the black children dying but don't worry it's not ur fault just cause ur skin is white.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well your priority was to point out that youre not racist, so i'd guess it means something about your thinly veiled racism.

edit on 1-4-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Then he would also represent an aspect of you...All elements of the dream are you.
Your subconscious is processing the feeling that some aspect of your self...which had always felt apart from you all of your life has been lost, yet also reborn in a form that needs to be nurtured and given more attention.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Or a part of you that you thought was long gone is starting to stir, come back to life? Have any bad habits you thought you were rid of?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There is nothing about race in this dream.
The fact that the other person (who is your age)...is another race...is only your mind's way of saying he IS you...but a different part of the you you perceive as yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm serious.

You might want to keep a journal of your dreams for a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It could be that the friend in your dream represents an aspect of yourself (or an idea) that has had its day and needs to be 'killed off' in order to be 'reborn' in a more acceptable form.

As in new and fresh and more easily molded. Do you think perhaps you could do a bit of soul searching to see if you have any outmoded ideas or personality traits that could do with an overhaul?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I found it! It's called The Triangle of Art

It has something to do with containing a summoned entity.
edit on 1-4-2016 by bentai22 because: because edits

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Remember...you brought his body to his parents...and they forgave you.
This is your subconscious saying that you also gave birth to this part of you (you're also the parents)...and the fact that it was lost is not something you should feel guilty about.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I think that what your dream represents is something that you have unnecessary but large regret about.

Your brain is trying to tell you that what you are punishing yourself for is not needed, you should stop it and move on.

My opinion only.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It has something to do with containing a summoned entity.

You 'summoning entities' there, sport?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I can't say that I have.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Then why did you pick that meaning for the symbol in your dream? There are other 'interpretations'…

top topics

<<   2 >>

join