It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Censors French President Saying ‘ISLAMIST Terrorism’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So, how does this WH deal with a situation when they can't even call it for what it is? They even censor the French? At least the French president has the gumption to say it, unlike our spineless leader. The intention not to offend anyone is ridiculous, unless of course, it's only white Christians.

"The White House briefly pulled video of a press event on terrorism with Pres. Obama, and when it reappeared on the WhiteHouse.gov website and YouTube, the audio of Hollande’s translator goes silent, beginning with the words “Islamist terrorism,” then begins again at the end of his sentence.
Even the audio of Hollande saying the words “Islamist terrorism” in French have, apparently, been edited from the video".
mrctv.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It seems you can't go anywhere nowadays without encountering either a bigot or a snowflake...

Where are all the normal people?
Are we finally outnumbered by the far right & far left...

Sad times, man.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
talk about propaganda war...

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

nope... we just arent as loud..and normal people dont drive ratings so even when we try to be heard the press wont have any of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
When I read this, I thought.... You can't be serious.
But, NO, it is totally serious.
Who the hell is running our country?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It's the Islamist part that gets sticky. Radical in front of that narrows it down.
It's like all Chevys are cars but not all cars are Chevys.
Don't anyone come back with any Nit picky comments about vans and trucks. Lol

All ISIS are Muslims but not all Muslims are ISIS.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to offend millions of people.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yay censorship!

Who was it who said. . . ?

"If you want to find out who rules over you, find out who you can't criticize."

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Looks like the Obama Administration is getting more nervous by the day.

Micro-managing isn't one of their strongpoints.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's the Islamist part that gets sticky. Radical in front of that narrows it down.
It's like all Chevys are cars but not all cars are Chevys.
Don't anyone come back with any Nit picky comments about vans and trucks. Lol

All ISIS are Muslims but not all Muslims are ISIS.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to offend millions of people.

First off the term censored is "Islamic terrorism". The word 'radical' doesn't appear anywhere, let alone in front of the word Islamic. I'm a Christian. I've heard Westboro Baptist Church, who are downright nauseating, termed 'Fundamentalist Christians'. The term 'fundamentalist' appears before the word Christian. I am not offended, nor does Obama take any steps to not offend us. There are millions of Christians in this country, billions throughout the world. You're argument holds no water.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So when religious zealots kill a doctor who performs abortions we should call them Christian Murderers? I mean that's the same thing. Hate is all you are fostering by adding Islamic to it.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

So when religious zealots kill a doctor who performs abortions we should call them Christian Murderers?

Yep.
Pretty simple.
If their religion is at the heart of their crime... the reason for it.... then make note of it when you describe it. It is important.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One's islamic terrorists are the
other's 'funded and trained moderate rebels'.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So when religious zealots kill a doctor who performs abortions we should call them Christian Murderers?

Yep.
Pretty simple.
If their religion is at the heart of their crime... the reason for it.... then make note of it when you describe it. It is important.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In the small clip, what holland says is something about iraq and syria something daesh, where's the part that got cut, i must be deaf or something.

edit on 1-4-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
In the small clip, what holland says is something about iraq and syria something daesh, where's the part that got cut, i must be deaf or something.

That's the point. You're not deaf, they cut out the words. But if you must know, it happens at :20 in the video.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

That's the point. You're not deaf, they cut out the words. But if you must know, it happens at :20 in the video.

All i got was the translator stopped and then you could hear holland speak in french, i aint no expert on audio or video, i was wondering if there was another video to compare.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So the story here is they edited all the videos of him saying this and not just the one on the white house site? I can't watch the videos but I only see the one on the article. And that is what it read saying it was pulled from YouTube as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

All i got was the translator stopped and then you could hear holland speak in french, i aint no expert on audio or video, i was wondering if there was another video to compare.

The translator stopped because the WH censors cut the audio. That part goes from being translated to complete silence. The worded transcript is in the article. They also cut the Youtube video, so there's no other to compare to.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So the story here is they edited all the videos of him saying this and not just the one on the white house site? I can't watch the videos but I only see the one on the article. And that is what it read saying it was pulled from YouTube as well.

You are correct. They edited all videos from that particular speech. Government censorship at it's finest.

ETA: It's one thing if Obama doesn't want to use that term, but to censor when another head-of-state says it is totally mind blowing.
edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yep.
Pretty simple.

It is not simple at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join