It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish army threatens legal action over anti-Erdoğan coup rumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It appears that the Turkish army are loyal to Erdogan and arent planning a coup any time soon. They are suing those who are calling for a military over anti-Erdogan coup rumors,

Turkish army threatens legal action over anti-Erdoğan coup rumours

The rare statement aims to quash speculation over the possibility of a military coup in Turkey as Erdoğan visits the US. The military said on its website such “baseless news” was hurting morale in its ranks without naming specific publications.

Erdogan is no defender of secular principles, seems like Erdogan has even threaten the Turkish military to get what he wants.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Strange because I'd read that different. They are suing to silence, too much talk may unravel the whole plan.

You know like Scientologists.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

There have been rumors of a coup ever since the Muslim Brotherhood was ousted from Egypt. If it were not for the three big airbases NATO uses in Turkey I bet he would have been removed a while back especially with ISIS in Turkish hospitals and the free border crossing and resupplies that come out of Turkey to support ISIS.... Oh sorry I mean the moderate rebels....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Turkey is going to be one to watch closely this year.
Many might not realize this, but the country is extremely precarious right now, genuinely at risk of a massive civil war.

Erdogan has become a dictator. The moment a "leader" starts arresting journalists and shutting down critical publications you need to start looking for a way out of the country before all hell breaks loose. The man has lost the plot and he's risking exactly what others experienced.

Tunisia,
Egypt,
Libya,
Yemen,
Syria,
Bahrain,
Algeria,
Iraq,
Jordan,
Kuwait,
Morocco,
Sudan,
Mauritania,
Oman,
Saudi Arabia,
Djibouti,
Western Sahara,
Palestine,

The Arab Spring was seen in all of these nations, in some it was successful (in part, debatable) while in others it was put down quickly.

I wonder what would happen in Turkey, considering much of the population hates him with a passion, they have fewer tribal divisions, and while Russia would likely do anything it could to destabilize it?

And lets not forget too that it's a gateway to Europe, with Syria still in a state of civil war along its rather large border.

Western nations will be pandering to him in an attempt to keep that country stable, but other players will be relishing the opportunity to create chaos there.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

, in some it was successful (in part, debatable)

The Arab Spring was not successful. Arab Spring is co spooned by Sen John McCain and the American Republicans for you to claim that it was successful its like defending McCain..

Tunisia was not successful.
Libya is a failed state and still unsure how would the UN backed unity gov even work.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Erdogan can’t get along with anybody. He’s the Donald Trump of Asia.

Everybody hates him, probably even his own wife.

I mean look at the man…he looks like a bulldog.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

He's probably dreaming about arresting germans to after this satirical clip.

Eng subtitles.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Where are the supporters of Turkey on this one?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

In Syria, they call themselves ISIS. I heard they belong to the local gay goat scouts club there. The current leaders of Turkey are ripe for a Qaddafi type execution. ISIS cant be happy their leaders didn't shoot down all those pesky Russian bombers that destroyed their Syrian snack bar dreams.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

French weapon smuggler and self-proclaimed philosopher BHL once said :

"The Arab springs, that's good for Israel".

top topics

join