It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I became a vegetarian

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I recommend the website www.nutritionfacts.org - has lots of info about the vegetarian diet and nutrition.

Sal

awesome thank you!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

link

the more the bugs the healthier the food

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My kids are all Vegan. One was raw vegan for a few years. They do not consume eggs or dairy either, and they are very healthy. Their cheese of choice is made from Cashews, and their milk is made from almonds and other nuts. They can be a bit preachy at times, and like to remind me that cow milk has pus and all kinds of things in it. They pretty much stay away from soy. I happen to love tofu in my home made sukiyaki, and Miso soup. I consume red meat but more chicken and seafood. Im worried about all three. The meat is often fed the roundup ready corn. The chicken can have hormones etc. The wild fish can have mercury and radiation, and the farmed seafood is loaded with antibiotics, and we dont even want to discuss what they feed them. Just do lots of research. Thats what my kids do, and they know how to balance meals

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kisin

Well I gave up alcohol 20+ years ago...cut way way way back on sodas and fast food (as in 1-2 sodas per year and rare visits to fast food) and this year I dedicated myself to becoming a modified vegetarian for the entire year. I've done it before for 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months and 4 months in the last 5 years. My biggest issue was bacon... This time is different; I'm eating fish, and dairy and I will use beef or chicken broth in soups or to deglaze pans. (In case I ever decide to go back to omnivorous ways. )

As far as issues, I don't have any. I feel better than I have for a long long time. I'm 47 and I feel my energy levels are increasing a bit... I didn't get my usual spring cold, and I seem to recover more quickly from sinus and allergy issues.

I will caution you to be aware of your iron and calcium intake, if you are not eating dairy, don't consume caffiene when you are eating iron/calcium rich foods. Other than that, just enjoy life and be happy with your choice. Try not to use substitute meats too much, or you will miss the real thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That's great! I've been a vegetarian for 25 years, since I was 4 years old. That's the age that I remember really understanding that meat was from animals. Although I've been a vegetarian for almost forever, I would say that until recently I haven't ate totally healthy. Now, I am trying to cut down on my portions of not so healthy things. I also am eating more of the fruits and veggies that I love.

I think you've made a great decision!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow. Another one bites the dust.

I'm thinking it's not worth responding to someone whose been here less than a year, but then, that would include me.

Why do these people keep disappearing?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

edit on 31-3-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The plants we eat today isn't that great great either. I don't get the logic... it's all genetic engineered.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Nice man! My wife and I went vegan. It wasn't too bad once we figured out recipes. And actually protein intake is super easy. Quinoa/Edemame/beans vega protein shakes w/ a banana and almond milk. Sooooo good. Especially with a little cocoa powder! Beer is still vegan too! Do I loved it. But you said you quit. Good job! Honestly, we felt so good. My wife did a vegan diet coupled with some herbs to get rid of HPV that was turning into cervical cancer. In 6 months it cleared up completely. The western doc's were blown away. I went from skeptic to a firm evidence based believer. Keep it up! Be sure to supplement b-12 and get that vitamin D!! a reply to: kisin

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join