It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I waxed my SUV with coconut oil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Today I waxed my car with coconut oil. The reason I used coconut oil on my car was for health. Not only is coconut oil healthy for you it is healthy for your car.

There are no harsh chemicals to breath in. Your lungs remain happy and your car becomes healthy.

I put on the coconut oil like normal wax, waited 5 minutes then removed with a lint free towel. Coconut oil does not harden like normal wax. Your safe to remove it right away. My car is black, you know how hard it is to deal with dark colors. After I removed all the coconut oil I was surprised how beautiful the car turned out. Next time you go to wax your car I would recommend using coconut oil!

edit on 3 30 2016 by Quantum12 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Greetings- First Coconut oil has also been proven to be very effective in the battle vs. Alzheimer's and dementia related problems.

wellnessmama.com...

everydayroots.com...

You might also look into the Ayurvedic application of Coconut oil. I used it to bring down My cholesterol so I could dump that BigPHarma™ poison..

namaste

P.S. If'n You had used Coconut oil prior to visiting w/Sol Your mood wouldn't read "Sun Burnt" Look at the numbers of Polynesian people and skin cancer. What is the first ingredient in sun screen? Alcohol! What does alcohol do to Your skin? It dries it out. It makes it to where when You perspire You LOSE Your hydration. This leads to dis-ease..

Stay Hydrated My Friend.

EDIT: If You are anywhere near Flori-Duh, the local Publix™ chain has the LouAnn™ brand for $6.49 (Big Tub) because this stuff has increased in price once the benefits are gleaned.
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: added where to score oil on the cheap

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Interesting.
Did you use it on the sidewalls of your tires also?

I wonder if you could use it like Armor All?
On the interior...or would it stay slippery/greasy?

Just thought of this...
Did it make your hands softer too?
edit on 30-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: late thought

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's no sunscreen replacement though, as an Ex girlfriend found out to her cost.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hahaha! While I do think coconut oil has many uses, this is too funny! Wish I could wax my legs with coconut oil and it work out as well!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Nice reply. I thank you. I have to say for over one year I eat a tablespoon of coconut oil before I sleep. I really feel great. I live next to Santa Monica Beach. I try to take a jog everyday. I get sunburnt. I kindly thank you, tomorrow I will use coconut oil on my face.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

LOL, no but I will go try it on the side walls and will surly let you know.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

You might slip off the workout machine!
Your funny.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Ok do not use coconut oil on the inside of your car, no no. LOL to greasy. I just tried it. My hands are soft!
edit on 3 30 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The reason I used coconut oil on my car was for health. Not only is coconut oil healthy for you it is healthy for your car.

none of that makes sense.
but then again you just used coconut oil instead of wax. you know the main point of using wax is its hydrophobic/protective finnish.
i dont know, but i'm gonna guess youve just wasted some time, and some coconut oil.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'll have to try it, I use coconut oil for cooking and occasionally on my hair. I have noticed the price has gone up over the past year in my area, still worth it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure how well it would work on your car, lol, but I use pure Emu Oil a lot now, and not -just- because I happen to be in Australia and emus belong to us
, haha.

My son gets horrible cold-wind-burn on his face in winter, the emu oil clears it up within the day. I was so amazed when I used it as I wasn't really expecting much. But hey, creams weren't working, so you try what you gotta try. Sore flakey red skin in the morning, soft and normal by bed time that night
After seeing that I started using it myself as a general moisturiser, hehe!
edit on 30 3 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I might have wasted time but the car came out really nice. Also I did not have to deal with harsh chemicals. I do see your point. It might not protect the paint like car wax. I did however have fun waxing it with coconut oil.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Yes the price has gone up. Yesterday you replied to my post. I had to go read one of your threads so I could give you the 1200 star. Nice job. I also cook with coconut oil. I use it instead of butter or the non stick spray. Great with eggs

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Tastes great in my morning coffee!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
I love Emu oil works great, by my house they serve Emu at a restaurant.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

You use coconut oil instead of coffee cream? I will try that.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I did however have fun waxing it with coconut oil.

lol, thats the main thing i guess. make sure to give us an update after a week or two.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I've only tried emu once, and I honestly don't remember what it even tastes like. Waaay back in my primary school days when we would have indigenous visitors come to the schools and we would learn tidbits of Aboriginal culture (not sure if they still do that these days, guess I'll find out when my son is old enough to start school). But I know that kangaroo is delicious! Full of iron too!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You Kinky fellow

Try this on your wife and she will love it , Every car/ van i have owned in the past has been sprayed with WD40 , you must really love that thing to splash out on the Coconut , That is some real man love you got going with that SUV . I will leave the two of you to it . Thank you for that tip

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join