It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top German Journalist Admits Mainstream Media Is Completely Fake: "We All Lie For The CIA"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This topic is often discussed with heart felt sincerity therefore I doubt I need to go in depth on this particular subject. So consider this just one more round for the chamber of your mind's discernment when watching anything MSM puts out.

Another great example is Amber Lyon, a three-time Emmy award winning journalist at CC, who said that they are routinely paid by the US government and foreign governments to selectively report and even distort information on certain events. She has also indicated that the government has editorial control over content.

Ever since Operation Mockingbird, a CIA-based initiative to control mainstream media, more and more people are expressing their concern that what we see in the media is nothing short of brainwashing.

This is also evident by blatant lies that continue to spam the TV screen, especially when it comes to topics such as health, food, war (‘terrorism‘), poverty, and more.

www.zerohedge.com...

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Every since the 50s, the government has been more and more involved in deceiving We The People [ of what ever nation ]. It's not in Their best interest and if the average citizen knew what goes on in the halls of government, there would be revolution and the treasonous bastards hung from the nearest lamp post.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I need:

1)
Proof

2)
To know what qualifies that German journalist to speak on behalf of the rest of the world's journalist.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

I need:

1)
Proof

2)
To know what qualifies that German journalist to speak on behalf of the rest of the world's journalist.

If you took the time to read the article there are others with videos basically all saying the same thing etc etc

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Zerohedge posts interviews from RT claiming that the western media publish propaganda? That proves it! Udo Ulfkotte has led a strange pilgrimage through atheism to Islam, then back to Christianity and anti-immigrant ultra-nationalism. Perhaps not the most reliable sources, all the way round.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I need:

1)
Proof

2)

You dont need anything this is a conspiracy forum. Carry on.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

www.businessinsider.com...

The newest version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) includes an amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on the American public, reports Michael Hastings of BuzzFeed. The amendment — proposed by Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) and Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and passed in the House last Friday afternoon — would effectively nullify the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which explicitly forbids information and psychological operations aimed at influencing U.S. public opinion.

That covers # 1

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I used to do PR work in hollywood. if a publicist can dictate what goes in print or tell the news agencies what they will and won't report or say. I'm pretty damned sure the cia can do it too.

seriously guys nearly all main stream media and news is a farce.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Zerohedge posts interviews from RT claiming that the western media publish propaganda? That proves it! Udo Ulfkotte has led a strange pilgrimage through atheism to Islam, then back to Christianity and anti-immigrant ultra-nationalism. Perhaps not the most reliable sources, all the way round.

Possible weirdo or just late to the party.... however that does not explain the Ted talk, Sharyl Attkisson. Amber Lyon, or go into detail for the reason and details of Operation Mockingbird.

What I find hard to believe is anyone still believes what MSM says on most topics dealing with a whole assortment of topics... I guess old age has made me an unbeliever

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

In 1981 at his first staff meeting, then CIA Director William Casey is purported to have said "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false" discussed here

I have no doubt that sections of the media are working with/for government (and not just the US either) agencies with the intention of manipulating public opinion on a vast array of topics.

I watched this earlier today and was going to do a thread but got sidetracked

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I need:

1)
Proof

2)

If you took the time to read the article there are others with videos basically all saying the same thing etc etc

That is simply not true.

The mere facts that the proposed issue would a) be common knowledge and thus neither be news or ATS worthy, and b) not BE an issue if "basically all" said what the journalist in question said, fly in the face of your claim.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Here is your proof:

CIA and media 50 facts

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I need:

1)
Proof

2)

That is simply not true.

The mere facts that the proposed issue would a) be common knowledge and thus neither be news or ATS worthy, and b) not BE an issue if "basically all" said what the journalist in question said, fly in the face of your claim.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Sure, I know of that, but that pertains to domestic propaganda and I would not at all be surprised of that going on in the US. As far as I know, it has always been legal for CIA to make use of propaganda abroad.

And of course it happens abroad. But you have got to admit that it would be a heck of a lot harder to use threats of censorship or to sell the "for the sake of national defense" line to media outside the US. They would have to rely in bribery.

That makes it really, really unlikely that they "all lie for the CIA".

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

this has likely been going on since even long before Operation Mockingbird where the CIA...

...recruited leading American journalists into a network to help present the CIA's views, and funded some student and cultural organizations, and magazines as fronts. As it developed, it also worked to influence foreign media and political campaigns, in addition to activities by other operating units of the CIA.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

The man in question here is Udo Ulfkotte. He is not a "top German journalist", he's an attention whore who does pretty much anything to stay in the limelight, from running for office to supposedly creating new political parties - which never appear.

Ulfkotte was born into a Christian family, but by the age of 21, he abandoned Christianity and became an atheist. When he went to live in Islamic countries, he converted to Islam while living in Herat, Afghanistan. He later left Islam and is now a Christian.[5][6] He reverted to a conservative and nationalist views, occasionally expressing strong anti-immigrant or anti-Muslim opinions.

Since beginning of the Russian intervention in Ukraine Ulfkotte became a vocal critic of the Western policy and frequently commented for pro-Russian media, such as Russia Today and Russia Insider who portray him as a whistle-blower disappointed in the corruption of Western media.

Linky

And what a shock that he also has a BOOK to sell on this very subject!

In addition, the little segment you published in your OP about Amber Lyon is factually FALSE. She has never stated that she or anyone else was paid by the US government or any US agency, she has claimed that CNN is paid by several countries (not the US) to produce content which shows them in a more positive light.

That should be criminal, but then we know already how utterly appalling US media standards are - there is no adherence to journalistic standards in US news media, none whatsoever.

So, while I have no doubt that US news media is full of BS, there's no real evidence to say that any of that bs is created of encouraged by the US government or any US agency, the only statements we have worth anything are those of Ms Lyon, which specifically calls out CNN for their private business practices of being paid to spin.

But, I don't know why I bother, the paranoia and the suspicion/accusation is enough to convince people here of anything they already want to believe, evidence be damned.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

Here is your proof:

CIA and media 50 facts

Thanks... That is a fairly serious link:

ince the end of World War Two the Central Intelligence Agency has been a major force in US and foreign news media, exerting considerable influence over what the public sees, hears and reads on a regular basis. CIA publicists and journalists alike will assert they have few, if any, relationships, yet the seldom acknowledged history of their intimate collaboration indicates a far different story–indeed, one that media historians are reluctant to examine.

Kennedy_CIAWhen seriously practiced, the journalistic profession involves gathering information concerning individuals, locales, events, and issues. In theory such information informs people about their world, thereby strengthening “democracy.” This is exactly the reason why news organizations and individual journalists are tapped as assets by intelligence agencies and, as the experiences of German journalist Udo Ulfkotte (entry 47 below) suggest, this practice is at least as widespread today as it was at the height of the Cold War.

Consider the coverups of election fraud in 2000 and 2004, the events of September 11, 2001, the invasions Afghanistan and Iraq, the destabilization of Syria, and the creation of “ISIS.” These are among the most significant events in recent world history, and yet they are also those much of the American public is wholly ignorant of. In an era where information and communication technologies are ubiquitous, prompting many to harbor the illusion of being well-informed, one must ask why this condition persists.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

okey dokey...

and what about Amber Lyon mentioned in the OP ?

got any dirt... ? I'm sure you can find it...

edit:

But, I don't know why I bother, the paranoia and the suspicion/accusation is enough to convince people here of anything they already want to believe, evidence be damned.

Indeed...why do you...
edit on 30-3-2016 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I need:

1)
Proof

2)

That is simply not true.

youtu.be...

Come on, I am not denying astroturfing is taking place! But that is not what this is about - this a about whether or not the global media "all lie for the CIA."

The video - while interesting (I took the time to see it before answering) - has little to nothing to do with CIA influence on media, let alone to do with CIA making everyone lie for them.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This is almost entirely on how the CIA manipulated (through) domestic media. One of the fact is even about how unmanipulated foreign media were compared to domestic media.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join