It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump a plant for the Clinton campaign to drive moderates to the left?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Seems a legit question. He has been a Clinton supporter for years. Then decides to run in a year when he knows Clinton will run since she isnt challenging an incumbent fellow democrat. Now one of his top staffers quits and says that he stated that he never expected to make it this far and that in her recruitment she was told he was never suppose to win to begin with.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Secret Master

Maybe from the start, he's not anymore though, that's for damn sure.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
From his camp it is said it started out as a joke protest to show he could get part of the vote and I bet he has been just as surprised as many others that so many bought into it. There was a point where he said such obviously ridiculous things that I knew he was trying to see how far he could push it, but now he is riding a tiger and there is no getting off.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I suppose i have to agree there. the great Trump ego is in full swing now and he has to see it through if he is gonna save face.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
what choice do you have, Clinton should be in prison, everybody is overlooking this because they just dont want to beleive its true. i mean, if she thinks its ok to lie about that and what ever else she has i guess that qualifies her for the top job, right....right...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

i think it is a stretch to say everyone is overlooking it. a lot of people are aware of it. but the people in power are part of her cronies. the only way to press the issue is to show clear conflict of interest on the part of the attorney general so that she has to step aside and allow for it to move forward

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think Trump is out there, being the way he is, to appeal to the somewhat more ignorant of the group, the same way Obama was put out there to get the blacks to go out and vote.

I think Trump is out there with some "Trojan horse" intentions the same way Obama was the "Trojan horse" for Hillarycare.

What I wonder about, is what Trump promised to do if he gets elected.

He speaks of rounding up the immigrants, but fails to mention that in order to do that he will have to go house to house and collect them, or get everyone ratting each other out, or a combination of those things and others to accomplish the things he promises.

Doesn't sound like he's for freedom to me.

He claims he is going to build a wall, completely failing to make clear to his supporters that the constitution is for the government and protects the people's natural born rights, that's anyone here's rights, not just naturalized or native born american's.

He claims he's going to build a wall to keep the people from immigrating from mexico, at mexico's expense. This would really have a negative effect on the corporations which relocated to mexico by making them have to pay more taxes to build that wall if mexico were actually to build it. In a way this may work to bring some of those corporations back to the U.S. potentially.

Aside from walls keeping the good or bad, in or out.....

He claims he wants to keep closer track of those of the Muslim faith coming and going from the U.S., and track them down in the U.S. which would have to be done the same way as with illegal immigrants from mexico which would once again be an issue with the constitutionality of what he claims he wants to do, and again be a house to house thing and a situation where neighbor would be reporting neighbor.

He is either a straight up liar, as most business-people tend to be in the pursuit of profit, or he is just that stupid, or a combination of both, along with other things.

I think he is just a distraction to deflect vote from others the established managers do not want to see elected.

Who do the votes he gets go to if he does not get elected. Does it simply cost votes to the others if he simply fades away?.

I really don't know what to think of this whole mess, but Trump is just creepy with his repetitious 4th grade vocabulary and temper tantrums and what looks like harassment and bullying, to me.

Not the kind of person you would want running one of the most powerful countries in the world.

But then, the government doesn't really do anything at all.

We do all the work and pay all the bills.

I tend not to think of things in a leftist or rightist way because I don't like walls, barriers or "ists" "isms" or "ologies", etc., which is exactly what these ways of thinking are.

edit on 30-3-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: scary

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I believe Trump is a hand grenade into the Republican party by the Clintons. Weeks before Trump announced he was going to run for president he had an hour long conversation with Bill Clinton on the state of politics in America. Trump has been a long time supporter of the Clintons for years. Also Trump just keeps getting more outrageous with every statement and every incident. Trump really hasn't put together a serious team of advisors. For actual things that he will have to do as the President he seems woefully unprepared. Do you really think he could pick a Cabinet that would be effective in governing anything??? He seems to hire 1 or 2 people at a time when he should be hiring teams of people . There are a lot of ways out of this for Trump . 1- he can keep ramping up the craziness all the way to the convention, which he seems hell bent on doing. 2- he could always fake heart attack or mysterious health concerns and tearfully drop out. 3- he could refuse to even go into the convention days before the convention sighting the Republicans stealing his nomination from him .. If you sit and think you can probably think of hundred ways to save face and drop out of the republican party. If his goal is to split the republican party then he is not going to want the nomination . Trump has said several times he would run as an independent if he doesn't get the republican nomination. Something that is an odd thing for the front runner to say. Trump also seems not to really know anything about the delegates and how the system of picking a nominee works. He seemed genuinely shocked about Louisiana's delegates, that he won the state and him and Ted Cruz got the same amount of delegates and that their where 10 free delegates out there possibly promising their vote to Cruz. Cruz has haD a war room dedicated to the delegates since the start of the race like most nominees do. Trump just this week hired his 1 advisor to the delegates while others have teams assembled he hired 1 guy. Trump also has no real plans for the country just a lot of slogans. Cruz has a tax plan which sounds brilliant if he can get it done?? But Trump seems to just spout some slogans and shoot from the hip. When he used a teleprompter it was news???? Trump has given nothing more than a bunch of slogans with no real plan of how he will get things done . How would Trump get congress to do anything that he wants ????? Call them stupid and threaten to fire them which he can't do???? Trump says he will unify the party and then attacks Ted Cruz's wife and turns an apology to a reporter into a crisis where he has to defend his campaign manager, which if he really cared about his campaign manager he would of said apologize and stay on the bus/plane to shield him from future problems not make him the poster boy for what not to do as a campaign manager!!! I think Trump wants to blow up the Republican Convention and may even quit the party before he gets there to ensure Ted Cruz' nomination so he can beat him up in the general election and hand the election to THE CLINTONS.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nyjet67

thats part of why i find myself questioning if he was really in it or just a plant for the clintons. no real agenda, no plan or strategy. just a lot of catchy slogans that amount to nothing but fluff.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Maybe it would be more accurate to say that while people have their knickers in a knot over Trump, they aren't noticing that there is nothing about the others that sets them apart really. They are all vacuous idiots, criminals or liars. None of whom seems as though they'll make a jot of positive difference to the lives of ordinary voters.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

well i have good feelings about Sanders. he's got 40 years of video proof to suggest that he is the most honest man in the US government. he only has 2 questionable votes that i have seen. 1 in 2001 to invade Afghanistan (though he didnt vote for Iraqi invasion in 2003) and then he voted on the 2000 CFMA. which was the last time he really did anything to support the deregulation of wall street or the banking industry.

I'm honestly amazed that he hasnt been assassinated yet. History has shown us that it's the good guys that get assassinated.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secret Master
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

i think it is a stretch to say everyone is overlooking it. a lot of people are aware of it. but the people in power are part of her cronies. the only way to press the issue is to show clear conflict of interest on the part of the attorney general so that she has to step aside and allow for it to move forward

If the people in power are her cronies, then how on earth did she wind up with a lingering email scandal and investigation that could land her with an indictment DURING her presidential campaign. It's an anchor.

Definitely UNFORTUNATE for her. Who is it FORTUNATE for?

That person is The Chosen One.

The stars and planets are aligning for that candidate.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

it's lingering because your enemies never let things go. and is this case they very well shouldnt. but i have serious doubts that she will face an actual indictment while a lawyer that use to work for the law firm that she employed sits at the attorney general's desk.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secret Master
a reply to: MotherMayEye

it's lingering because your enemies never let things go. and is this case they very well shouldnt. but i have serious doubts that she will face an actual indictment while a lawyer that use to work for the law firm that she employed sits at the attorney general's desk.

Right. Cronies.

Of course she won't ever see prison and everyone knows it. But it has been an anchor on her campaign and dominating headlines for a year, none-the-less.

Who has benefitted from that?

Could it be the candidate with the biggest spending plan and highest tax hike that will put unprecedented power in the hands of the federal government? Because if Congress is corrupt enough with their spending, it seems 'The Establishment' would reap huge profits from his administration.

Forget how the media and campaigns are spinning this election, it's logical the Establishment would support the guy with the biggest spending plan and plan to grow the biggest federal government.

The games being played are not meant to be obvious. The 'obvious' is what's thrown out for public consumption because 'they' know that voters are too dumb and trusting to look beyond the marketing and hype.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well...here we are again. A thread title that ends with a question mark.

The answer is always no.

Is bat boy the love child of Britney Spears and the dark night? No

Are aliens really running the capitol? No

Are chem trails used to control our thoughts. No.

Does eating chocolate make you fat? Ok that one may be a yes but you get the point.
edit on 3302016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Heh. If so, he's doing a great job, although Ted Cruz can accomplish that task all by himself.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

makes sense

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You have to remember, trump is always out to protect and improve the legacy/money of trump... he may have tossed his hat in on a lark because clinton asked, I was told by people I trust that the RNC actually asked him to run. (probably figuring Rubio wouldnt be such a clown and they could spring him late when trump quit)

But now... now he is a whole different animal that we have never seen before, he has run before, or threatened to run before, but it was always about rebranding himself and getting his name out there... now he thinks he has a shot and our current crop of candidates are so pathetic he actually does have a chance... no way that ego maniac rolls over for the establishment now.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Trump exists because the GOP pandered to the radicals in its group and drove away the traditional Reagan style Republicans. The DNC became the party of the center. Oddly enough neither the left nor right have a real party anymore. Look at Bernie Sanders he is considered far left in the US but, would be a moderate in most of the world.

Is Trump a plant? The amount of hate he generates and the death spiral he has put the GOP into would make you want think that but, is this not just the way Trump has always worked? He screws something big up and he slips away and blames somebody else. I suspect that we he either defeated at the convention or crushed in the general election he will of course blame everybody else and wander into something new.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It seems the only thing worse than nothing remotely good to choose from is the front runners were, or are, working together, or perhaps there was even a plan in place from the beginning to appoint Hillary to some high position of power should Trump win, God forbid. This would certainly make the most fascinating and scandalous Making of the President book ever!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join