It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen girl pepper-sprayed, groped outside Wisconsin Trump rally

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Although she is legally considered to be a child at age 15 this girl looks as strong as an ox,she comes across as an adult. I am the mother of a much beloved and adored teenage girl,and although she will always be My babybunny,i am under no illusion as to the damage she could physically cause someone if she puts her back into it or her mind to it. She is very strong indeed and i have absolutely no doubt that she could put many a guy into the ER or ICU if she applied herself-and one of her punches could most likely knock a grown man dizzy.

If my daughter had to get peppersprayed/punched right in the schnozzle because SHE Threw The FIRST Punch-and completely unnecessarily - i would have to in all fairness,sanity and honesty tell her: " Well what did you Expect,lovie? That you could throw punches at people and everyone was Always going to just stand there with their hands in their pockets and take it??"

But then,i have always taught my children about actions and consequences in the real world.Because i love them and i want them to be as safe as possible.

Talking of demons being out of the box? You know what i find demonic? That people can go through life assuming there's no consequences to their actions,and that people with your point of view will try to find excuses for those people. You know what else i find demonic? That some parents obviously don't teach their children that your actions can sometimes lead to grievous reprisals and even death,out in the real world.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: grammar

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
lol, well looks like we found the feminist SJW version of kryptonite, she shut up and buckled pretty quick along with her supporters,

Really?

"Feminist SJW kryptonite" = PEPPER SPRAY??? Yeah, that'll shut 'em up. Teach 'em to not speak their minds, stupid little b-girl feminists with their equality crap!/sarc

So if someone says something you don't like, then its okay to shut them up with a weapon, like pepper spray, or???
Good Lord, man. Listen to yourself.

That is how freedom ends.

ETA: The girl is young and naive, thinking she can be aggressive and not have any push back. After there WAS push back, she realized she had made a mistake by getting into a fight in a crowd. If she were a grown man instead, what would you have called the pepper spray? Cowardice?
edit on 30-3-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

JANESVILLE, Wis. — As GOP front-runner Donald Trump prepared to speak to supporters in Wisconsin on Tuesday, a 15-year-old girl outside the venue was pepper-sprayed by another bystander, police said.

Police said the girl was peppered-sprayed in the crowd by a non-law enforcement person. Hundreds of anti-Trump protesters and supporters had gathered outside the Holiday Inn Express in southern Wisconsin, where Trump was holding his maiden rally in the state ahead of next Tuesday's primary in the state. In video posted on social media of the scene, the young woman appears to be arguing with someone and appears to shove or punch at the person before the pepper spray was deployed.

"A male in the crowd groped the 15-year-girl; when she pushed him away, another person in the (crowd) sprayed her," the police department said in a statement. "We are currently looking for two suspects, one for the sexual assault and one for the pepper spray."

www.usatoday.com...

Sexual assault of an alleged minor is a very serious charge. She looked 20-30 to me but apparently she is 15.

Several people have posted footage of her punching and being sprayed on twitter and youtube. The video evidence shows her being very aggressive, confrontational and throwing a punch. Her fellow anti-trump posters are seen trying to hold her back.

The man she punched, who she appears to be accussing of touching her, is not the same person who sprayed her. I am not sure why the sprayer thought it was his place to spray her since he was not being attacked.

Here is the clearest footage I have found so far. What do you think?

Thank you for sharing this video. It was the first one that shows the pepper sprayer was the dude with leather jacket and bandana. At 31 seconds into this vid it shows the orange spray still on his forefinger and thumb. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the freeze frame, perhaps someone else can share it. I know someone else was thinking it was the red capped guy and this video shows the hand holding the pepper spray is wearing a black leather jacket and then him standing there with marked fingers.

Edit add: egad! Just watched that longer video! It is the younger guy in a red cap and black jacket with glasses. He was right behind man in sweater and bandana dude was in front of him too. He quickly makes away to the right after doing it. With the other video of her saying she deserved it, I am starting to wonder if the pepper sprayer actually was connected with the girl. He really seemed like he was too prepared. You know?
edit on 3 30 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You didn't get the reference; try googling Pandora's Box.

You just spent a whole post justifying the use of violence against a child, that is when you weren't trying to belittle "me."

The spirit of my assertion, if not the letter, gets proven with almost every post in this thread.

edit on 30-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

She threw the first punch.

And the pepper spray came from somebody wearing dark blue sleeves.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well I had a civil comment but then I saw fellow members (I'm assuming we are all adults here) calling a 15 year old girl- a CHILD- foul, disgusting names.

I'm disappointed. None of you have to care about my little feelings there, but I am and I'm saying it.

Now.

I don't like Trump.
I don't think that girl should have been at that rally without an adult
I think she has every right to her own opinion and to PEACEFULLY protest.
She punched him.
She shouldn't have been pepper sprayed by another party
She shouldn't have been groped if that's the case.
Good luck to the cops sorting this out.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think the pepper spray safely ended the situation, she got what she deserved and she even admits it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Fixing a part of your list:
"She punched him. "
to
She should not have punched him.

and from:
"She shouldn't have been pepper sprayed by another party"
to:
She was pepper sprayed by another party to stop her from punching people

And ...
Sure, kids can be immature and do not use good judgement and make mistakes.
But, when they screw up to the point where they are assaulting others, they deserve to be criticized, condemned, and hopefully rehabilitated before it is too late.

People who say awwww poor thing, she is only a child - are only enabling and excusing poor behavior.
When my kid is being a brat - I will call him/her a brat, and I will explain to them exactly what they have done wrong and what they should be doing.
If they would commit a crime, I'll support them through it to help them rehabilitate, but they will understand what they did and accept the consequences.
Raising kids means not making excuses for them just "because" they are a kid.

oh and - the groping was obviously a ridiculous claim
edit on 3/30/16 by BlueAjah because: formatting

edit on 3/30/16 by BlueAjah because: formatting

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

yes, she said "I deserved that". Here is a longer version of the video you posted:

Liveleak

I give her credit for that. She realises she was wrong with punching the guy.

I still think pepperspray was a bit of an overkill, especially in an agitated crowd.
Then again don't punch people if you don't want to get sprayed.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Uh, she's a 19 year old woman, not a 15 year old girl.

"The media is also emphasizing that Drake is only 15-years-old, characterizing her as a poor, defenseless child.
As you can see by the size of her frame, she’s bigger than a lot of women twice her age. And it was later confirmed that Drake is in fact 19-years-old".
www.infowars.com...
twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Uh, she's a 19 year old woman, not a 15 year old girl.

"The media is also emphasizing that Drake is only 15-years-old, characterizing her as a poor, defenseless child.
As you can see by the size of her frame, she’s bigger than a lot of women twice her age. And it was later confirmed that Drake is in fact 19-years-old".
www.infowars.com...
twitter.com...

Ah HA !!!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
When you assault someone, they are allowed to defend themselves

she needed to learn a lesson on how things work in the real world

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Fixing a part of your list:
"She punched him. "
to
She should not have punched him.

and from:
"She shouldn't have been pepper sprayed by another party"
to:
She was pepper sprayed by another party to stop her from punching people

And ...
Sure, kids can be immature and do not use good judgement and make mistakes.
But, when they screw up to the point where they are assaulting others, they deserve to be criticized, condemned, and hopefully rehabilitated before it is too late.

People who say awwww poor thing, she is only a child - are only enabling and excusing poor behavior.
When my kid is being a brat - I will call him/her a brat, and I will explain to them exactly what they have done wrong and what they should be doing.
If they would commit a crime, I'll support them through it to help them rehabilitate, but they will understand what they did and accept the consequences.
Raising kids means not making excuses for them just "because" they are a kid.

oh and - the groping was obviously a ridiculous claim

It should have read she should not have punched him, that must have got lost in my typing somehow, but as for the rest, you'll just have to add that to your own list. Other than the punch part, my post reads exactly as I intended it to, and doesn't require "fixing" You are however more than welcome to make your own list of feelings on this event, and disagree with mine.

The groping thing... yeah I can't see any clear "groping" but that will be for the authorities to decide.

I get accepting the consequences in fact, I'm all for that. What I'm not for is calling a 15 year old (or anyone for that matter) a cud chewing heifer etc... commenting on her looks, and suggesting shes too ugly to be sexually assaulted.

That's what really got to me. I'm not defending her actions in this event at all. I'm just not condoning the disgusting way that people talk about each other on here.

It really adds nothing for the conversation.

I guess you could say I was.......

#triggered

-Alee

edit on 3/30/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/30/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Am I reading this thread, and its responses correctly? She deserved this? Seriously? Working on the assumption that this wasn't staged, and it doesn't seem to have been, if the cops are, indeed, looking for two individuals.

Expressing her opinion, regardless of the fashion, deserves to be maced, then groped? Really?

Is this what political discourse has come to? Some of you actually think this is, in some bizarro world, deserved? Karmic retribution?

How? Someone please explain this to me, because I am, apparently, too stupid to catch the nuances.

apparently you missed the part where she pushed the man.

once you get physical, all bets are off

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

She was not pepper sprayed for her opinion. She was sprayed because she punched the old guy.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
America is great again.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My take on it.

Apparently she is actually 19 so that ends the whole "shes just a child" thing except....
Every week I watch a show called "The First 48". Its a real life show where crews accompany homicide investigators solving actual murder cases in the largest cites of the US. I can tell you dozens of those murders are committed by "children". Boys and girls from the age of 14 to 17. Do not kid yourself that teenagers are somehow harmless. Do not kid yourself that females are somehow incapable of inflicting violence. This young lady crossed the line when she punched the old guy. He did not "grope" her. His paper touched her and she thought this was his finger.
She hit him and she got sprayed in response by someone watching out.
No one should face any charges here.
Everybody learned something and went home so call it a day and move on.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

That's a good take.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
To those of you who disregard the girl's actions because of her age, you need reminded of a couple of things:

- She definitely looks older than a 15-year-old
- She is definitely acting brazen enough to be assumed to be an adult
- She, like the white-haired gentleman, had zero right to touch (or punch...or attempt to punch, although evidence seems to indicate that she made contact with his face) any individual in an aggressive way
- If you want to step up like an adult, prepare to be treated like an adult
- If you want to assault someone, prepare for them to legally react in self-defense (whether or not the pepper spray came from the old man is irrelevant)

Yes, I am on the side of the argument that she got what she deserved, because there was no logical way for anyone in that crowd to assume that some parent(s) allowed their 15-year-old daughter to get into the middle of a political rally and protest by screaming in people's faces.

Where were her parents in all of this? They should be questioned about allowing their daughter to be in such a precarious position in the first place. I would NEVER allow my 15-year-old--son OR daughter--to do something like this without me being there with them. I think that this fact that her parents seemingly allowed this goes right to the heart of why she acted the way that she did.

She deserved everything that she got.

Now, if her age was known at the time by all in the crowd, my opinion MIGHT be different, but as I mentioned before, that was a massive unknown, and she certainly didn't look, sound, or act the part of a 15-year-old.

The reaction to her swinging and hitting someone was not uncalled for at all. Honestly, she's probably lucky that she didn't have Chris Tucker standing over her at the end of it all:

edit on 30-3-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thank god it wasn't a gun, people are pushing their luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join