It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Wisconsin town hall tonight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am not an American however I follow American politics very closely. What happens politically in the USA affects not just the USA but also Canada and much of the world. I just want to hear thoughts from other members on tonigjts town hall meeting in Wisconsin.

Personally I thought John Kasik really stood out tonight and may have gained some ground and support. Also in my opinion Trump seemed to tank pretty badly especially when he used the "I didn't start it" line in regards to the tweet he put out of Heidi Cruz. Also his answer of what the federal government's 3 main issues should be was quite all over the place and incoherent. Last Ted Cruz had some good moments. Especially regarding his sister.

Personally I think Kasik would be the best out of the three candidates though if I had the chance to participate I would probably be supporting Bernie Sanders.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

I am not an American however I follow American politics very closely.

You need a better hobby. I am a US citizen and I cant understand our politics.

On topic , Kasich is good. But he is just too dang wishy-washy lukewarm for this cycle.

edit on 102016311003201610 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I am not an American however I follow American politics very closely.

You need a better hobby. I am a US citizen and I cant understand our politics.

On topic , Kasich is good. But he is just too dang wishy-washy lukewarm for this cycle.

I do need a better hobby. It's quite sad actually. Oh well. It seems people are more interested in celebrity status than qualifications.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Kasich, the guy who is 1/29 and still doing worse then Rubio before he dropped out but refuses to call it quits because he wants to subvert the voting process and steal the nomination at a brokered convention.

edit on 29-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
I am not an American however I follow American politics very closely. What happens politically in the USA affects not just the USA but also Canada and much of the world. I just want to hear thoughts from other members on tonigjts town hall meeting in Wisconsin.

Personally I thought John Kasik really stood out tonight and may have gained some ground and support. Also in my opinion Trump seemed to tank pretty badly especially when he used the "I didn't start it" line in regards to the tweet he put out of Heidi Cruz. Also his answer of what the federal government's 3 main issues should be was quite all over the place and incoherent. Last Ted Cruz had some good moments. Especially regarding his sister.

Personally I think Kasik would be the best out of the three candidates though if I had the chance to participate I would probably be supporting Bernie Sanders.

Kasich has zero chance, he can't win the deligates and he will not win in a contested convention. You should just ignore him because he does not matter.

I tend to agree trump did not perform very well, but I will take my chances with him over lying corrupt Cruz any day.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Kasich is a bought and paid for fool like he rest of them.

I'd take Trump over that #head any day of the week. That's just another moron who vote in NAFTA and took a dump on our economy.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Kasich is the embodiment of the establishment republican. He knows if he drops out Trump wins the nomination. He also has zero chance of winning the nomination via delegates. He also knows he has no chance of being the one selected in a brokered convention.

He is simply in the race to be a hinderance to Trump, literally no other reason.

Welcome to the republican party. (dem's are no better btw).

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What "Town Hall"? All I saw was Anderson Cooper asking questions. I like Anderson more than Wulf Blister or that Como guy, but why did he have to pretty much take 80% of the allotted time with his personal Q&As?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He did ask more questions than the residents of Wisconsin that is true. Okay for the trump supporters please enlighten me. To me he is the fakest person there is. He gets caught lying on a weekly basis so what is his appeal. His policies are a joke. All he says is " I'm going to beat China, I'm going to beat Mexico , were going to win win win" if he becomes president Canada might have to build a wall.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

CNN is probably the worst choice when it comes to political debates. Like Candy Crowley did in the last one, they push their own agenda and corner the candidates with the "when did you stop beating your wife" kind of questions. Cooper was a decent reporter till he joined them. Now, he's just another talking head, spouting the company line.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

CNN is probably the worst choice when it comes to political debates. Like Candy Crowley did in the last one, they push their own agenda and corner the candidates with the "when did you stop beating your wife" kind of questions. Cooper was a decent reporter till he joined them. Now, he's just another talking head, spouting the company line.

You're so right about CNN. I bet they will use video captures of the winning candidate drinking coffee out of that CNN cup tonight to promote their network.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don't think he is fake at all, if anything he is way to honest.

I will grant you his talking points are too general. He is ignorant of many things he should know to be president.

Thing is just like any president he will have dozens of advisors and I believe he has the best interests of the people in mind and not the top 1%.

I know Cruz and Hillary work for the establishment and Hillary is a criminal, so really I think trump is the best of the available options, even if he is far from a great candidate.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Sad. It seems that in any election in Canada or the USA in the past generation we are always choosing between the lesser of two or more evils.

Funny thing. The current prime minister of Canada is the son of a former prime minister. I know this has also happened in the USA and to me that is proof that we aren't dealing with true democracy. People are groomed and chosen to be leaders not by the people.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

You make good and valid points Proximo. People say they are sick of candidates who have lots of government blood running through their veins. When you put up a candidate who knows nothing but the business world, people lambast him/her as being too inexperienced for the Presidency.

Maybe that government inexperience was Ross Perot's undoing? A lot of people were really excited about candidate Perot, just like they are now with Donald Trump. What caused Perot to lose? I wasn't paying attention to politics in my youth.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

I don't think he is fake at all, if anything he is way to honest.

I will grant you his talking points are too general. He is ignorant of many things he should know to be president.

Thing is just like any president he will have dozens of advisors and I believe he has the best interests of the people in mind and not the top 1%.

I know Cruz and Hillary work for the establishment and Hillary is a criminal, so really I think trump is the best of the available options, even if he is far from a great candidate.

I think he's general during his speeches, but if you go to his website he goes into a little more detail on them too. I think if he did start getting into the specifics it's going to turn people off on him. He could say I'm going to do this this this and this. Or he can go we are going to win and beat China/whatever country. I don't think he's as ignorant as people think he is. If you look at the town hall thing tonight, I think he came across as a regular person. I can't stand watching Cruz anymore, and Kasich is a joke but All of their stuff comes off as rehearsed. Trump he goes off the top of his head.

Right now Trump is playing a game, he has gotten into the heads of most if not all the candidates and he's just pulling strings now. The last few times Cruz did interviews all he could talk about was Trump and how he wants to debate him again. He is living rent free in Cruzs mind right now 24/7. I can't think of another candidate that really he ruined Jeb, Rubio isn't even seeking re election again, Cruz right now is in the middle of coming apart. To me it's amazing to see and he still has Hillary to go through. She's already complaining Bernie is being too hard on her during debates. He might ruin 2 family dynasties when all is said and done.
edit on 30-3-2016 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Kasich is a piece of #.

He won't admit that his state originally lost 400,000 jobs because of NAFTA but says he's great for job creation.

Then after that he goes on to say he supports trade deals and arming rebel groups in the Ukraine, because that's obviously worked everywhere else.

The guy is a total moron.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
He dropped out, then tried to get back in at the end. People lost faith in him for dropping out and by the time he re entered the race his momentum was long gone.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Donald Trump is still learning his trade, as it relates to politi-speak, and is not yet completely fluent with respect to the intricacies of the Federal Government's roles and responsibilities (as was evident when he was caught off guard by the "name the top three functions of the Federal Government" question) - but that's okay, because he will have an army of functionaries who will be able to take care of the lesser missions of his Presidency.

He has an overall vision for the Country, and that's what true leaders tend to concentrate on - let the staff level folks sweat the day-to-day details.

Ted Cruz (not that it was ever easy) is increasingly difficult to listen to. He is practised, wooden and toooo politi-speak. Trump nailed it when he quipped that "Ted has a five second intermission between sentences". When they train a camera on him while somebody is asking him a question...I don't know whether to throw something at the TV, or run screaming from the room. His constant little head nods and for-nothing little millisecond smirks are brain melting.

He is a political hack's political hack...playing the system, taking the big dollars, pretending to be a rebel when he is just another sleazy politico on the take - and his Goldman Sachs Exec. wife is his lead fund raiser - raking in the "cash for favours later". The Cruz's are just the Clintons in Elephant Clothing.

And Kasich? Who's got time to listen to a guy who has gone nowhere in this cycle, is nowhere,, and is going nowhere? He is one of the last 3 candidates standing by default only. Just another bought and paid for politician, who is hanging in there as long as possible so that he can trade his Delegates...at some point...for personal gain of some kind.

For me, and many will disagree, the most telling part of the proceedings was Trump's stand on the railroading effort against his Campaign Manager. He knows full well that this is a political mine field, especially since it involves a female reporter, and plays into the narrative about the "culture of violence" of his campaign. But, he is prepared to take a principled stand...even if it costs him politically.

That tells me that he has the backbone to take the heat as difficult decisions need to be made to correct the course that the U.S. is currently on. The way I see it, Trump is the kind of person who will put the interests of the people of the United States ahead of his own.

Hillary? Give me a break...she feels she is entitled to be President, and is only interested in cementing her own "legacy" as the 1st female POTUS

Sanders? An Independent running as a Democrat...because he knows it was the only way to get the media attention needed for a run. Now there's a real principled start to a Presidency. Anyway, his rainbows and freebees for all the kiddies message is right out of the communist playbook, so...not gonna happen.

Cruz? All sleeze all the time. His greatest contribution to American politics to date? His Green Eggs and Ham recitation on the Senate floor...

Kasich? zzzzzzz...oh, and he is in the same category as Rubio, Ryan and Romney. Hanging around excitedly, hoping that somebody is going to toss him the bouquet at the Convention.

Just my penny's worth...

edit on 30-3-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Donald Trump is still learning his trade, as it relates to politi-speak, and is not yet completely fluent with respect to the intricacies of the Federal Government's roles and responsibilities (as was evident when he was caught off guard by the "name the top three functions of the Federal Government" question) - but that's okay, because he will have an army of functionaries who will be able to take care of the lesser missions of his Presidency.

He has an overall vision for the Country, and that's what true leaders tend to concentrate on - let the staff level folks sweat the day-to-day details.

Ted Cruz (not that it was ever easy) is increasingly difficult to listen to. He is practised, wooden and toooo politi-speak. Trump nailed it when he quipped that "Ted has a five second intermission between sentences". When they train a camera on him while somebody is asking him a question...I don't know whether to throw something at the TV, or run screaming from the room. His constant little head nods and for-nothing little millisecond smirks are brain melting.

He is a political hack's political hack...playing the system, taking the big dollars, pretending to be a rebel when he is just another sleazy politico on the take - and his Goldman Sachs Exec. wife is his lead fund raiser - raking in the "cash for favours later". The Cruz's are just the Clintons in Elephant Clothing.

And Kasich? Who's got time to listen to a guy who has gone nowhere in this cycle, is nowhere,, and is going nowhere? He is one of the last 3 candidates standing by default only. Just another bought and paid for politician, who is hanging in there as long as possible so that he can trade his Delegates...at some point...for personal gain of some kind.

For me, and many will disagree, the most telling part of the proceedings was Trump's stand on the railroading effort against his Campaign Manager. He knows full well that this is a political mine field, especially since it involves a female reporter, and plays into the narrative about the "culture of violence" of his campaign. But, he is prepared to take a principled stand...even if it costs him politically.

That tells me that he has the backbone to take the heat as difficult decisions need to be made to correct the course that the U.S. is currently on. The way I see it, Trump is the kind of person who will put the interests of the people of the United States ahead of his own.

Hillary? Give me a break...she feels she is entitled to be President, and is only interested in cementing her own "legacy" as the 1st female POTUS

Sanders? An Independent running as a Democrat...because he knows it was the only way to get the media attention needed for a run. Now there's a real principled start to a Presidency. Anyway, his rainbows and freebees for all the kiddies message is right out of the communist playbook, so...not gonna happen.

Cruz? All sleeze all the time. His greatest contribution to American politics to date? His Green Eggs and Ham recitation on the Senate floor...

Kasich? zzzzzzz...oh, and he is in the same category as Rubio, Ryan and Romney. Hanging around excitedly, hoping that somebody is going to toss him the bouquet at the Convention.

Just my penny's worth...

I felt like I got a whole dollar, thank you for that. Hope your wrong about Bernie though.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yeah, I have a thought - CRUZ IS A HYPOCRITICAL, SLIMY MONSTER and a delusional sleaze-ball. Yuck. I don't know if I'll get through his smarmy bullsh!t. Disgusting.

"Prevent Islamic radicalization" he says, "stop the radicalization" - but HE'S A RADICALIZED EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN who plans to "turn their land to glass." Let's stop HIM!

"Stop radicalization" is right - that includes abolishing Christian Dominionism!! Hypocrite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join