It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans woman Raped in famous LBGT club bathroom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
I'm just going to throw my two cents in on this "rape" debate here.

So, basically, you are blaming the victim!
How regressively ignorantly Republikkkan of you.
All women should wear burkas, right?
If not, they deserve to be "raped"!
Right?

edit on 30-3-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Really?

You need to research it a bit more closely then. Rapes occur in many places that would surprise you. Read some criminal reports...they aren't pleasant reading, first time I ever read one, I was running for the bathroom to throw up.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Really?

You need to research it a bit more closely then. Rapes occur in many places that would surprise you. Read some criminal reports...they aren't pleasant reading, first time I ever read one, I was running for the bathroom to throw up.

My point was that screams for help would have been heard by other patrons.
Not the 'where', necessarily.
Rape is rape, but the scenario has me questioning the 'victims' credibility.
So far.

edit on 30-3-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

There's a famous case in NY city, oddly enough, of a woman raped and murdered near an occupied apartment complex. The assault/murder took place over an extended period of time, too. She screamed for help. Want to guess how many people came to help her? None. Not one. Many of them knew it was happening, too...and...did...nothing.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
I'm just going to throw my two cents in on this "rape" debate here. If someone is of the mindset to consenting to "free" sex, paid or not, then they're also accepting or "consenting" to the risks involved. Regardless of whether things "went the way they were supposed to" if you put yourself out there for sex and someone takes advantage of it, you're just an idiot, it's not rape.

Well, the next time you're dating a woman and she eventually consents to have sex with you, in the middle of it try slapping her around some. Maybe start to strangle her some too. Bruise her some, maybe blacken an eye. You know, rough her up pretty good in the process. Don't stop even when she tells you to either.

Then when your done tell her "well that is the risk you took after all so it's your fault." Convince her that it wasn't just rape that happened. Then try the same explanation to the cops and the judge.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I vote we put him in the wood-chipper.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Kitty Genovese.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

There's a famous case in NY city, oddly enough, of a woman raped and murdered near an occupied apartment complex. The assault/murder took place over an extended period of time, too. She screamed for help. Want to guess how many people came to help her? None. Not one. Many of them knew it was happening, too...and...did...nothing.

I am well aware of peripheral cases where bystanders don't do anything.
That does not alleviate my concern about THESE particular circumstances.
HAD it been rape, HAD he/she screamed, we would have HAD the opportunity to evaluate the response of the crowd, as you say.
So far; insufficient info for me to form any opinion on the veracity of the claim.

Yell; "FIRE!"
Everyone responds to that!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: AmericanRealist

What a disgusting attitude you have and apparently some experience with loose Trans women. So I ask you politely please do not blanket policy Trans women based on your own twisted dalliances. Oh and not that you care obviously but Tranny is an absolutely offensive word so please go troll elsewhere. Oh and FYI the suspect is said to be a seen frequently in this particularly well known LBGT club so I highly doubt he was unaware of the anatomy of said woman.

If you couldn't detect the sarcasm in his post, you may need to rethink about responding on internet forums.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
im going to guess both parties were actually drunk, guy thought he was getting lucky, so did the tranny. After some time in the restroom, man realizes all is not what it seems, says some mean words, and emo tranny makes up a story about rape. Most trannies really are just deviant sex fiends and will hook up with whatever stranger looks good to them and is willing to have fun IRL. Especially in old age, they really become mentally unstable.

True story.
are you for real?? WTF?? People are free to be who they and nobody has the right to attack and rape anyone. Your reply to the OP is truely disgusting.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Ah, another somebody "says" they got raped.
okey dokey, sad if true but I'll wait for evidence and a suspect before passing judgment.
Was this immediately reported or did they wait?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You must have skipped over my post sharing personal experience that there are in fact places where the music is so loud that it could be easy to not notice screaming coming from behind a closed door. Aslo there is the possibility that the perpetrator covered the victims mouth. The dude in question was 5'10 250 that's a big boy whether it's fat or muscle not too hard to hold someone down with your body weight and cover mouth with one hand. I love all the backwoods types coming out to immediately blame or dismiss the claims of the victim just because she is Trans. What a bunch incompassinate cowardly keyboard warriors.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Well consideing there is no tone, pitch or body language to be read thru text perhaps you should think about what you say, how you say it, where you say it before you say it. You could also key in /Sarcasm off...like a lot of folks do around here because they obviously understand that sarcasm can be hard to detect through text.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
here's what i don't understand. rape is rape and that's bad.

but isn't in most nightclubs at peak hours there a decent amount of traffic around the restrooms.

essentially two men get into a physical altercation in one. even with the doors closed and nobody heard anything. no screaming for help. no shouting. no crashing around. no banging on the door. nothing? that seems a little unusual. it can happen but it seems like there's more to the story to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The amount of rape apologists in this thread is sickening. Doubly so, since most of the people who are essentially blaming the victim, are obviously only doing so because the victim was trans and in a gay bar.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
The amount of rape apologists in this thread is sickening. Doubly so, since most of the people who are essentially blaming the victim, are obviously only doing so because the victim was trans and in a gay bar.

This is the cruel world we live in with these cruel people. I admit that there may be more to this story than the early reports show and I'm open to discussion about that and the conspiracy angle here but a lot of these posters simply aim share their presumptuous hatred of the LBGT community. Had this been a report of a Trans person assaulting someone in a public lavatory you can believe they would have been the first on that train to decry and protest. They would not doubt and call into question the integrity of the story immediately as they do in this case because it is someone that they do not like or agree with.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

essentially two men get into a physical altercation in one

Your a clever one aren't you.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
im going to guess both parties were actually drunk, guy thought he was getting lucky, so did the tranny. After some time in the restroom, man realizes all is not what it seems, says some mean words, and emo tranny makes up a story about rape. Most trannies really are just deviant sex fiends and will hook up with whatever stranger looks good to them and is willing to have fun IRL. Especially in old age, they really become mentally unstable.

True story.

Allow me to say what I hope many others are thinking while reading your post...

What the hell happened to you to make you such a disgusting Human?

I'm really glad I don't know anyone as disgusting as you.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I think you're missing my point.

Two people got into a physical altercation in a bathroom where one was able to physically suppress another human being through violence and there was no kicking, screaming, yelling for help, thrashing, bashing or any other noise to let folks likely within audible proximity to notice anything. Not the staff, not the patrons. This was a small single use bathroom. Not a lot of room in there. I'm just surprised that there was no substantial evidence. SOunds like its a he said she said case.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's the reality of rape allegations as far as the judicial system goes--they're very tough to prove (usually because the victim doesn't know what NOT to do and usually destroys all genetic evidence). In most cases, it becomes a they-said/they-said issue that is based on circumstantial evidence and hearsay, neither of which generally equates to "beyond a reasonable doubt."

And since we live in a society where people are innocent until proven guilty, and I have had enough experiences in a court room (both on the prosecution and defense side of things) concerning rape cases (as a paralegal...must make that clear) to know that a lot of them will either be falsified allegations for other reasons (hide an affair, hide a pregnancy, regret on one party, etc.) or end in a finding of Not Guilty, these stories and allegations must be viewed with an impartial eye until evidence is presented in court.

It's super easy to let anger and hatred fester inside over rape allegations, but unless you've seen them through the eye of both sides of the legal system, you don't really understand how many may be false allegations, but also how many should be found guilty who go free because of lack of hard evidence.

This should be treated as a let's-wait-and-see, but disappointingly, there are too many people already taking one side or the other, and it's all out of ignorance and emotion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join