It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans woman Raped in famous LBGT club bathroom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Police report that a transgender woman was sexually assaulted inside a public bathroom at New York’s historic Stonewall Inn on Saturday night.
The 25-year-old victim, not yet identified, was using a single-occupancy restroom at the bar when a man allegedly came in, telling her that he just needed to “wash his hands.” He reportedly locked the door behind him and forced himself on her—proceeding to grope her and then rape her. The alleged incident transpired around 11:40 p.m.

This incident occurred at a pivotal moment in the national discussion over trans bathroom use. In North Carolina, legislators passed a law on Wednesday, March 23, essentially requiring that transgender residents use the bathroom that corresponds with the sex they were assigned at birth. It also voted down local nondiscrimination ordinances in the state requiring equal protections for LGBT people.

Link to article

So it would seem that real actual rapist's do not concern themselves with the particular's of the lavatory they intend to stalk. I think this serves to show that clearly Trans women are at just as much risk of being raped by real perverts as Cis women are in public restrooms.
edit on 29-3-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Convenient timing if ever I've seen it.

Assuming it's true, he should be hung.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

he should be hung

Size doesn't matter

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I would be interested to know if the assailant was a regular customer or in anyway affiliated with the QBGT community?

Either way this just goes to show that rapist know no bounds and will attack anywhere at anytime, I hope they find the bloke and throw the book at him, it's acts just like this that make people feel unsafe and it's just not on.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Bloody hell.

That's just awful. Someone needs a sound thrashing. There are few things as foul as rapists.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I would like to have another valid source than the daily beast, if possible, please post .

Thanks!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Is the New York post good enough for you?

Link to article

A transgender woman says she was raped in a unisex bathroom at the Stonewall Inn — and police are searching for the suspect who they say regularly frequents the landmark gay bar.

Video surveillance clearly shows the woman entering the single-occupancy bathroom late Saturday, soon followed by a man believed to be in his 30s, police sources say

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You just pinch and twist, Pinch and twist

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Rainbow, thanks! I could not locate anything other than the beast!!

S&F!!

Thanks for sharing. .. I will refrain from my thought process, as the assaultant deserves. .cough cough ....

Thanks again Rainbow. .. sad story, needed to be brought to light!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
im going to guess both parties were actually drunk, guy thought he was getting lucky, so did the tranny. After some time in the restroom, man realizes all is not what it seems, says some mean words, and emo tranny makes up a story about rape. Most trannies really are just deviant sex fiends and will hook up with whatever stranger looks good to them and is willing to have fun IRL. Especially in old age, they really become mentally unstable.

True story.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

What a disgusting attitude you have and apparently some experience with loose Trans women. So I ask you politely please do not blanket policy Trans women based on your own twisted dalliances. Oh and not that you care obviously but Tranny is an absolutely offensive word so please go troll elsewhere. Oh and FYI the suspect is said to be a seen frequently in this particularly well known LBGT club so I highly doubt he was unaware of the anatomy of said woman.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I've said it before as the mother of a son. An anatomical female has no place in a men's restroom facility, no matter what orientation the men are.

Physically speaking, the woman is at a disadvantage in terms of physical power, and I know what male hormones are like in the regular course of hetero interaction. For teenagers especially, putting a physical female in their locker room is inviting trouble for both genders.

So, sorry, but who didn't see this coming? Different genders in the same restroom are problematic whether or not one of those individuals believes they should be that anatomical gender or not.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Either way this is a travesty. .. sadly. ..

Rape is rape..

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Clearly this is a sign that all bathrooms must have large windows on all sides to prevent Rape.

Or perhaps just chain link fences instead of walls.

Anything less just invites the Rape Culture to have their way with our women and children......and our pets too maybe....you can never be too safe.

Seriously though. Who let's someone in to wash their hands while you're on the pot??? A simple, "I'll be out in a minute." could have solved this crisis!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

An anatomical female has no place in a men's restroom facility, no matter what orientation the men are.

Try reading the article, the offense was committed in a single occupancy unisex restroom. The man forced his way in and proceeded to violate the woman in question. This incident has nothing to do with you irrational fear that a legitimate trans woman is going to attack you or yours in the loo.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Most trannies really are just deviant sex fiends and will hook up with whatever stranger looks good to them and is willing to have fun IRL. Especially in old age, they really become mentally unstable.

True story.

WTF???? Is that your professional opinion Dr.???

Done a lot of research in this area have you??

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Seriously though. Who let's someone in to wash their hands while you're on the pot??? A simple, "I'll be out in a minute." could have solved this crisis!!

The locks on those unisex doors are not always that secure and in a loud and crowded club with music pumping it would be difficult if not impossible to hear the screaming coming from within. I've been to clubs where this is the case, crappy lock and loud atmosphere. I've had someone push the door open despite the lock being engaged and I had to push against the door and loudly say occupied.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That would make for one hell of a lawsuit then if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
the suspect is said to be a seen frequently in this particularly well known LBGT club so I highly doubt he was unaware of the anatomy of said woman.

Yea even more to build on the case of a shunned quickie who screamed rape. At least the alleged victim reported the crime an hour later after returning to the club. I wonder if this person submitted a rape kit to gather evidence.

I am betting my money this was a consensual encounter that the emotionally and mentally unstable individual reported as a rape later due to some dissatisfaction.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I am betting my money this was a consensual encounter that the emotionally and mentally unstable individual reported as a rape later due to some dissatisfaction.

Ok I'll bite and go one further lets say your right in which case I bet the scenario goes like this: Victim is a working girl, dude is a John, they enter an agreement. John takes what he wanted from the encounter and then refuses to pay...still rape. That would be the most realistic version of the story you are attempting to tell.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join