It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Giant Siberian Unicorn... possibly existed alongside humans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: intrptr The Siberian Unicorn is apparently closer in relation to a Rhino with a stature close to that of a Mammoth. By the looks of the picture reconstructed from what I gather is from the study of their bones, it kinda looks like a horse. I'll have to look into the history of the horse as to why humans have such a lovely image of unicorns as horses.

Back when they didn't get around to different continents as much? They might have returned from one expedition to Africa with tales of Dragons and Unicorns… after seeing rhinos (it was giant with a horn and ran 'like' a horse). Nile crocodiles are one ton monsters, probably twenty feet back then. I could imagine the eurodummies bathing in the river and getting eaten by one while the rest of them went nuts.

Here there be Dragons.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut I had to look up Unicorns in the Bible. I have never come across this and it makes sense they would be mentioned if the bible was referencing the Siberian Unicorn.
Here is link to bible passages mentioning the Unicorn,
creationtoday.org...
Numbers 23:22 and 24:8 both mention the strength of a Unicorn. The Siberian Unicorn was a huge animal and I imagine it had incredible strength.
Interesting!
Thanks Chr0naut.

I don't actually think that the original Biblical texts were talking about unicorns, I think that they were talking about a large and now extinct (the last one died in 1627) Middle Eastern bullock called an Auroch (Wikipedia article).

At the time of the King James Translation, they had legends of unicorns but had no idea about an Auroch so they translated the Hebrew word "רְאֵם" or "rĕ'em" (which generally means 'wild bull') into the English word "unicorn".

edit on 30/3/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut I had to look up Unicorns in the Bible. I have never come across this and it makes sense they would be mentioned if the bible was referencing the Siberian Unicorn.
Here is link to bible passages mentioning the Unicorn,
creationtoday.org...
Numbers 23:22 and 24:8 both mention the strength of a Unicorn. The Siberian Unicorn was a huge animal and I imagine it had incredible strength.
Interesting!
Thanks Chr0naut.

I don't actually think that the original Biblical texts were talking about unicorns, I think that they were talking about a large and now extinct (the last one died in 1627) Middle Eastern bullock called an Auroch (Wikipedia article).

At the time of the King James Translation, they had legends of unicorns but had no idea about an Auroch so they translated the Hebrew word "רְאֵם" or "rĕ'em" (which generally means 'wild bull') into the English word "unicorn".

Smart man you are.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
They were probably hunted to death for their horn of mystical powers...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join