It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Theory - Rey's Dad (Spoiler Alert)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Finally saw something that is a PERFECT theory of:

Who Rey's father is...

Who left her on Jakku....

Why people don't recognize her.....

etc.

Wish I could find the link....

SPOILER ALERT.......if the below is right, may spoil the reveal for you.....

Luke is Rey's father. Star Wars has always been about the Skywalkers, and her connection to the lightsaber, reaction of Luke, etc. support this.

So why did he leave her on Jakku? He didn't. He thought she was killed along with the others by the Knights of Rynn. Kylo saves her from this fate, and he took her to Jakku, to basically take her out of the game, without killing his cousin. Presumably, he mind-wiped her too, which may be what hid her from Luke's detection. He may have even stolen the Falcon to do so. (hiding the theft through those proxies Han recites)

She would have been way younger the last time Han and Leia saw her (plus, they likely thought she was dead also). So that's why they didn't recognize her.

This apparent death would explain why Luke took himself out of it. A LOT of guilt. (and why Han and Leia would know not to look for him).

The YouTube vid goes into it in better detail, but this is the essence of it, and it makes a LOT of sense.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

DEFINATELY thought Rey was Luke's daughter. His lightsaber responded her, that was the biggest clue to me that she was some kind of blood relation.

Then the hug between General Leia and Rey. It just felt like a "family knows family" kind of thing.

And what about all the side glances from Chewbacca? You know darn well that Han told Chewy all the family gossip at one time or another.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The biggest problem I see here is that there's no way Snoke would have allowed Kylo Ren to just ditch another direct descendent of Anakin. He would have wanted her brought to him to be trained in the Dark Side. He would never waste a resource like that. 2 grandchildren of Anakin for the price of one is not something to be squandered and no practitioner of the Dark Side would allow for that to slip between his fingers. I don't doubt that she is Luke's daughter. Mark Hamill has even hinted at it on his Twitter account.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think Luke being her father is very likely....

HOWEVER... I have problems with this theory :

1. Jedis were not supposed to marry or carry attachments to love, family, etc. I find it hard to imagine Luke would break the Jedi Code to father a child.

2. Kylo Ren and Rae are about the same age. Luke and Leia were twins... Maybe Kylo and Rae are twins... Rae said she saw Hans Solo as a father. Kinda weird considering she knew him for about 2 days...

3. Both Anakin and Luke had Jedi masters train them to use the force. Yet we are supposed to believe that Rae just magically picked it up on her own with no training? And I don't believe the knowledge was "transmitted" through the light saber. First of all, that never worked for Anakin or Luke. Secondly, both Anakin and Luke threw that light saber away....

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Oh, also wanted to add that Kylo Ren is supposed to be this bad ass, but was wounded by a guy with NO Jedi training?

Come on... Even Vader was better than that

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Keep in mind that Kylo was injured pretty good by Chewbaccas Bowcaster prior to confronting first Finn then Rey. And if you recall the First Order attack on Maza Kanata's castle on Takodana, Finn fought a former comrade if his from the first order who was using a weapon specifically designed to fight against a light saber. This would indicate that there was some training done to prepare the new Storm Troopers of the First Order against offensive light saber attacks.

It's pretty standard for military training to have trainees use both the offensive and defensive weapons during exercises so it isn't inconceivable that Finn had at least a passing knowledge of how a light saber would be used offensively if he was at the very least, trained to defend against one. Perhaps this was even done against the Knights of Ren. No matter what the preparation was, Finn, like the other Storm Troopers, was taught to defend themselves against a light saber attack.

As for how Rey was able to hold her own, that would lend itself to a lot more speculation but no matter who her parents are, she clearly has a very strong Force affinity. It would make sense, based on how quickly she adapted and utilized new force powers she didn't know she possesses previously, that whoever her parents were, she was afforded some level of training as a child and due to many years in nest isolation and being forced to scavenge to survive, that she forgot her training as a young child. Or the other alternative is that a powerful Jedi used their own force powers to make her forget her training and under dire necessity, these abilities once again manifested. Again, as far as Rey is concerned, it's all a lot of speculation for the next 21 months.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Kylo is trash in the fight because killing solo dint accomplish what he wanted, all the contrary he was full of doubts and injured, according to the script I read.

There is a theory Rey is snoke daughter and in the future she will go to the darkside and kylo to the light, to fully mirror each other.

I think Rey was training with the Jedi before kylo killed them all, in episode 1 they say anakin is too old for training so super young Rey training makes sence, we don't know what she knows anyway.

Perhaps solo kidnaped Rey and gave her to the Jedi and snoke perverted solo's son in revenge?

Also kylo and Finn are half brothers, just my theory, leia is a 70s woman after all and while han was away she keep her bed warm with lando

edit on 29-3-2016 by Indigent because: Autocorrect is evil

edit on 29-3-2016 by Indigent because: I give up

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'd say she's Lukes, but no way Kylo took her to Jaku and her memory was wiped... He didn't recognize her when she defended her mind against him.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about the Luke/Rey connection. I remember something about the Jedi not having children? Anyway, if Kylo had no problems offing his dad I doubt he would have any issues doing the same to his little cousin.

The Luke/Rey connection is the most popular theory but another possibility is that she is actually Kylo's sister. Given the parallels between Episode VII and the original trilogy I wouldn't be surprised.

The books are no longer cannon (and I only read one) but I remember Han & Leia having children. I don't remember Luke having any? Maybe someone can set me straight on this.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If Luke is Rey's father then it will be one of the most pathetic & obvious plot twists ever.

It also wouldn't surprise me as the new Star Wars was pathetic & filled with obvious plot twists.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Sorry, but I think you are off base. Luke was the last Jedi and he disappeared,defeated when Kylo turned to the Dark side. There would have been no reason to train Storm Troopers to defend against light sabers as there were none.

Even Luke's light saber never worked for anyone until Rae touched it.

And if your theory is that Rae was trained as a Jedi and somehow "forgot," I'd rather believe she got magical Jedi powers from the light saber.... No offense, but that would be a pretty dumb plot that she just went schizophrenic with her memories and forgot....

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Luke is Rey's father.

That's exactly what I was thinking near the end of the movie.

But then that brings up another question:

Who's her mother ??

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I've just had a thought. Anakin had no father.......

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oooooo... the plot thickens !

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

Sorry, but I think you are off base. Luke was the last Jedi and he disappeared,defeated when Kylo turned to the Dark side. There would have been no reason to train Storm Troopers to defend against light sabers as there were none.

Whether you believe there was a reason to train storm troopers against light sabers or not, during the battle on Tokadana, the storm trooper who called Finn a traitor very clearly used a weapon against him that was specifically made for hand to hand combat against a light saber.

Even Luke's light saber never worked for anyone until Rae touched it.

I'm not sure where you picked up that inference from. Nobody knows how it made it from Cloud City to the hands of Maz Kanata and we have know way of knowing if anyone had tried to utilize it since Luke lost it along with his hand in his first fight with Vader. All we know is that that particular weapon called out to Rey specifically and that shine never used it or ignited the blade and thst Finn definitely used it.

And if your theory is that Rae was trained as a Jedi and somehow "forgot," I'd rather believe she got magical Jedi powers from the light saber.... No offense, but that would be a pretty dumb plot that she just went schizophrenic with her memories and forgot....

It's a hypothetical scenario, not a theory. All,I said was that it was a possibility that after years of isolation and not using her force talents that she could have forgotten her training. How much do you remember from when you were 3 or 4 years old? We only know that she was quite young when left on Jakku, not her exact age or whether she even had training by Luke and the new Jedi Order or by anyone else if at all. If she survived Kylo Ren's purge of all Jedi in training and was related t Luke in some way, it's not a huge leap to explore the sibilants that whoever placed her on Jakku did so to protect her and that force powers were used t accrued any memories pertaining to any potential training. It's very common that people repress memories of horrific events also. If she witnessed Ren's purge at the Jedi Temple, it's also not unreasonable based human psychology that she blocked a lot of that out to maintain her own sanity. Again, it's all hypotheticals and spitballing on various possibilities.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Damn how do I copyright my guess !

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I found the blaster sabers very contrived. The movie was one giant gimmick.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I know, right ?!

You could always try this:

Zazzafrazz Guess™

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

lol! trademarking star wars, yeah what could go wrong?
edit on 30-3-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Luke and Lea were brother and sister.

Both could use the force.

The force is what told Lea Han was dead.

There is NO WAY Lea would not recognize her niece or daughter.

Which brings us to either or.

Like Zazz said albeit not in these words Rey was immaculately conceived. Like Lukes father.

Or Luke is the father.

Either way Darth Vader is still the grandfather of Rey, and kylo.
edit on 1-4-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join