It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company Invents Gun That Looks Like a Cellphone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This will just give the police another reason not to be filmed with a cellphone. It could be a gun!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Citizen
*pulls out phone
Cop
"I thought he was armed"

Bad idea

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

Most definitely.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah...

Rawr !
Oo-rah !

Cell phone guns.

What could possibly go wrong ?

edit on 29-3-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The some people will not be happy until everything is a gun.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Nothing is new folks..en.wikipedia.org...

THAT is a folding subgun that looks like a radio.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

oh joy - a folding derringer

that looks nothing like a cellphone

and defeats the entire point of carrying a derringer

appologies - i must go lie down now - my sarcasm level has reached critical

This won't stop OtterBOX.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I see no gun only CAD drawings I think it's a setup to get people fired up. Just my $.02 and I know a little.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

For those who want to appear unarmed, which is the best way to surprise a potential assailant, this would take some beating. You can hear the mugger demand the phone and get dropped, just looking at the thing. I wonder how fast it can deploy from the phone shape, to the gun?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

For those who want to appear unarmed, which is the best way to surprise a potential assailant, this would take some beating. You can hear the mugger demand the phone and get dropped, just looking at the thing. I wonder how fast it can deploy from the phone shape, to the gun?

When posting the op, I tried to find a video showing the conversion from cellphone status to gun. None were posted on Utube, and usually gun manufacturers like Ideal includes them on the same page as it's product. It appears to be a hinged mechanism, and can't imagine the conversion process to be complex, for self-defense scenarios. Definitely a different concept, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The Walther PK380 or the Glock 43, or a Walther PPK would all be better to carry than a 2 shot .380 derringer.

I like the idea and it should be explored further and expanded upon. But this is not practical.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The Walther PK380 or the Glock 43, or a Walther PPK would all be better to carry than a 2 shot .380 derringer.

I like the idea and it should be explored further and expanded upon. But this is not practical.

I found the PPK to be stiff actioned, and a little heavy. G43 is a good choice and $200 less than my Sig239. Aftermarket trigger kits are in the works for the G43, which to me makes it a winner in this category. The one feature of many current pocket pistols is having the barrel, recoil rod and spring separate parts, as compared to older units that had the barrel welded to the frame, like the AMT Backup.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Nothing is new folks..en.wikipedia.org...

THAT is a folding subgun that looks like a radio.

I don't have the patent number anymore, but there was a submachine gun that folded into a stick shape that was developed for a three letter agency. It was an open bolt blowback design that had the magazine as a grip. If I remember correctly it was patented in the 1960's. It was about an inch and a half wide, three inches thick and maybe fourteen inches long when folded judging by the patent drawings for a 9mm.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

AP9 from Paladin press?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

AP9 from Paladin press?

Which book was it in?
I only ever saw the patent and I don't remember the name of the inventor, but I believe the assignee for the patent was the US government.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nice! And my Verizon update is coming up soon. Can't wait to get one!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
Ideal Conceal has engineered a carry gun that has all the outward appearances of a cellphone. The concept is intriguing for concealed as well as open carry enthusiasts, and will most likely be the center of controversy in gun-free areas due to it's camouflaged nature.
The gun is chambered in .380 caliber, and get this--double barreled. I'm sure it will be lambasted by the likes of Horowitz or Sugarman, much to my delight.idealconceal.com...[/quot]

For a little more oomph, go with a briefcase with an HK MP5 K [short barrel] inside. A trigger on the briefcase handle does the job....and the brass stays inside...
www.guns.com...

edit on 3/29/2016 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

They look like a Tec9.
www.amazon.com...
edit on 30-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Nothing short of genius in this doozy, i mean as if people are aren't jumpy enough as it is concerning firearms now every god damn cell phone is potentially a loaded firearm....what could possibly go wrong

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

They look like a Tec9.
www.amazon.com...

Okay, I found the patent.
The govt was not involved with it, but is is a fairly neat design. I was wrong about the date too, it was 1984... not the 1960's.
That is what happens when you get old.
Link to Google patents page

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join