It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura just solidified my position AGAINST Bernie Sanders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

He doesn't have to "support" ANYONE. He's actually an Independent, and he's NOT going to shut up about her PAC donations and overpaid speaking engagements TO CORRUPT BANKERS and hypocrisy and lack of trustworthiness. No way. Why in hell would he support her?

edit on 3/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

What makes you think I didn't vote for Bernie? Voting is great as long as you're not voting for the lesser of two evils and instead against everything that's wrong. As long as you vote for the corrupt corporate owned candidates, all you are doing is voting for corruption. No good change can ever come from that, not ever. You voting for the lesser of two evils is what allows evil to maintain it's power structure.

People need to make a stand and stop voting for the lesser of two evils and start voting for anything else. Who cares if the republicans win this time, everytime more people vote against these corrupt candidates, next time more people will do the same as they see more people doing it and gaining hope.

Stop thinking in the now and think towards the damn future.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Wanna bet? Just wait.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

We'll see.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I hope you're right, cause he'd be betraying all his supporters if he indeed does support Hillary, and damages the cause against corruption immensely...

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ha! You said it. Thankfully many Americans agree. Anything but putting a republican back in office. Im not ready to backtrack 8 years.
edit on 28-3-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wanna bet? Just wait.

He will. Just like Hillary got behind Obama.

If she threw her full support behind Obama and the DNC after the DNC 'gifted' Obama with 600,000 votes cast for her in Michigan, then you know these two parties only run committed 'team' players.

Bernie's a DNC team player or he wouldn't be running as a democrat.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Can anybody here even imagine the # storm that will begin to be flung at the walls of ATS should Sanders and Trump get the nomination? Good god it would be like WWE.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

And exactly who is this republican alternative that's not either, a corrupted bought & paid for establishment politician, or a hypocritical buyer of corrupt establishment politicians?

What would you suggest I do with my vote if Hillary wins the democratic nomination?

I'm sure as hell not going to NOT vote at all allowing the republicans to usher some lunatic into the White House.

Let's be realistic, if Hillary wins the democratic nomination, there are no "good" choices left. At that point, all there is left is the "lesser of two evils."

If that turns out to be the case, I'll vote for Hillary and redirect my efforts towards changing congress for now and look to replace her in 4 yrs..
edit on 28-3-2016 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Can anybody here even imagine the # storm that will begin to be flung at the walls of ATS should Sanders and Trump get the nomination? Good god it would be like WWE.

I think Trump will part ways with the GOP at the convention and split the conservative vote. I bet the GOP sets the stage for that with a contested convention so no one will blame him when he does.

Forget the party divide the media and two parties market. It's just advertisement. There is no divide -- that's what the actual evidence says. The GOP and DNC will make out like bandits if Congress gets a huge spending plan under Bernie. And the federal government will grow enormously with Bernie's tax hike. It's a win-win for the parties and 'The Establishment.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Why do people still assume they have to vote democrat or republican...

thats a horribly flawed thought process...

Stop worrying about the right now, we have to start playing the long game before its to late.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil..

Lets look at what happens if Trump wins the white house..nothing.. congress will be dead locked for 4 years only moving to block anything he does.

If hillary wins, republicans continue to block but by and large bushiness as usual.

If we get a third party over the hump, then for the next 4 years we have options... vote for someone you believe in, stop voting against someone... doing that is a large part of how we ended up in the mess we are in.
edit on 28-3-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Do a write in, vote for another party vote for ANYTHING besides voting for someone you know is corrupt and supporting the corrupt two party system.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You and people like you are the reason corruption will continue to exist in Washington forever.

While I fully appreciate your position, letting Trump or *uggggh* Cruz win is not going to end corruption in D.C. either. Even if you believe that a lack of congressional support will stop many of the most heinous campaign promises from becoming reality, there are other things to consider, not least of which are supreme court appointments.

Not letting the "conservative" lean in SCOTUS continue and possibly be expanded is enough for me. Right now Cruz is making that same argument in reverse for voting for the GOP nominee and he's making it in many cases to crowds thick not only with people who want to put an end to a woman's right to choose but also with evangelicals who want legal sanction to discriminate against LGBT persons. It should be noted that Trump went and pledged his allegiance to a cadre of evangelical hate preachers too and received their endorsement.

Then there's the fact that Trump is promising to bully the whole world and that Cruz is a religious fanatic who is about as likely to attempt to initiate a "holy war" to fulfill his faith's interpretation of end times prophecy as not.

How much misery and regression are worth sticking to your guns on Bernie or bust?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
If Bernie DOES do that he loses pretty much all of us that weren't party loyal cause we aren't supporting Hillary with him.

TotAly agree. However I think this is exactly what will happen. Bernie will support her despite her being everything he is supposedly fighting against.

IMO he has been taking it easy on her , her corruption,her lies,and scandals and more focused on trump.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

He's been getting a bit more "negative", and insisting on the speech transcripts, and overhauling instead of "keeping going" like she wants to. He is about corruption and oligarchy. and wealth inequality She's not. She's about Obama. She's a 1%er using PACs. He refuses to use them, and is NOT a rich man.

edit on 3/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's that thinking which is why nothing will ever change, because you will all keep voting along party lines, we need to stop doing that.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

That's a compelling argument but:

1. I don't share your optimism.

2. SCOTUS appointments are for life.

3. Changing administrations doesn't undo the damage of the previous administration. So while you're thinking is, "who cares if the Republicans win this time," you're ignoring all of the long term consequences of the worst case scenarios. How many people applied the same reasoning to not voting for Al Gore in 2000 I wonder? How many of the 2.8 million votes for Nader that might otherwise have gone to Gore could have been enough to snag just 3 electoral votes and change the course of history?

How long will it be before we recover from the fallout from Bush 43's foreign policy?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: interupt42

He's been getting a bit more "negative", and insisting on the speech transcripts, and overhauling instead of "keeping going" like she wants to. He is about corruption and oligarchy. and wealth inequality She's not. She's about Obama. She's a 1%er using PACs. He refuses to use them, and is NOT a rich man.

Agreed that is why it would be a huge disappointment if he does endorse her.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The problem is you can make the "It's important this time" every time. Nothing is ever going to change this way. You'll keep supporting the status quot with this logic, forever, they'll always win because your too afraid to fight back.

Neither party who's candidates are corporate owned have our best interests at heart. Democrat or Republican you vote either in we'll be paying for it long term. The only real choices is to vote against both parties, and try to get others to follow suit. Sure one party will win until we get enough support, but until we get enough, we all lose every election regaurdless of party.
edit on 3/28/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Exactly. He has to at this point. He can't turn his back on the party if he doesn't get the nomination.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join