It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas lawmakers want to pay students who 'out' trans students

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: jkm1864
a reply to: ReadLeader

Do You realize that transgendered people are one of the number # 1 groups that commit suicide? The reason they end up committing suicide is because all the sickos tell them they will be happy when they finally get that evil penis chopped off and get a vagina. The reality is after the surgery they realize they screwed up and can't undo what they've done so they kill themselves due to depression. I'm pretty sure some of the depression is caused by society but getting Your penis chopped off is probably the major factor.

Excuse me but let me interject here. No depression usually sets in due to their "loved ones" abandoning them and or outright abusing them for what they are for one. Then you have society who thinks anything not their version of normal is wrong as well. Finding a job while TG is another reason due to bias and another factor.

And seriously? Oh im gonna kill myself cause i miss captain winky? You do know alot and i mena ALOT keep their penises. So your assumption(remember when you ASSUME you make a ASSume out of me and you)that they commit suicide for something so trivial is just wrong.

Actually the majority of SRS are not positive results. While you're absolutely correct, and jk is clearly wrong in his reasoning and connecting it to the suicide, the majority of SRS experience unsatisfactory results, including high drop-off in secondary and third procedures, high amount of health problems that arises that lead to ending of transition, and even then a good amount that generally were mistaken and attempt to reverse the procedure.

That being said the suicide is connected just as you described, but the truth is the success stories of SRS overshadow the high failure rate of SRS patients trying to transition. More accurately would probably be that they killed themselves because they weren't able to remove it, or it ultimately lead to issues worse than merely 'having a vagina'.

Still a risk I'm going to take D:

I'll be the first to tell you, the fear of blood clots because I RARELY smoke on the drugs is scary enough on its own. Right off the bat the drugs can kill me before surgery even matters, and if I DID get a blood clot, no surgeon would ever consider me again in my life.
edit on 31-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Actually the majority of SRS are not positive results. ..., the majority of SRS experience unsatisfactory results, including high drop-off in secondary and third procedures, high amount of health problems that arises that lead to ending of transition, and even then a good amount that generally were mistaken and attempt to reverse the procedure.

imjack, where the hell are you getting your statistics from and why are you repeating this nonsense?

Myths About Transition Regrets

Surgical regret is actually very uncommon. Virtually every modern study puts it below 4 percent, and most estimate it to be between 1 and 2 percent (Cohen-Kettenis & Pfafflin 2003, Kuiper & Cohen-Kettenis 1998, Pfafflin & Junge 1998, Smith 2005, Dhejne 2014). In some other recent longitudinal studies, none of the subjects expressed regret over medically transitioning (Krege et al. 2001, De Cuypere et al. 2006).

Satisfaction With Male-to-Female Gender Reassignment Surgery

Factors associated with satisfaction or regret following male-to-female sex reassignment surgery.

This study examined factors associated with satisfaction or regret following sex reassignment surgery (SRS) in 232 male-to-female transsexuals operated on between 1994 and 2000 by one surgeon using a consistent technique. Participants, all of whom were at least 1-year postoperative, completed a written questionnaire concerning their experiences and attitudes. Participants reported overwhelmingly that they were happy with their SRS results and that SRS had greatly improved the quality of their lives. None reported outright regret and only a few expressed even occasional regret.

Still a risk I'm going to take D:

I'll be the first to tell you, the fear of blood clots because I RARELY smoke on the drugs is scary enough on its own. Right off the bat the drugs can kill me before surgery even matters, and if I DID get a blood clot, no surgeon would ever consider me again in my life.

Combined with your previous comment about not having breasts until you were in your 30's so you could float back and forth, do yourself a favor and take the notion of medically transitioning off the table or think about it real hard. It may be attractive as an idea or fantasy but stick with being gender non-conforming or gender fluid because if you even do have gender dysphoria, it is obviously not intense enough to be more than annoying to you and not a matter of life or death as it is for many. Even if you do transition full-time at some point, only somewhere around 1/3 of those that do will undergo SRS so take that for what you will. Also, if you can find statistics on the actual rates of DVT caused by HRT in MTF's, I'd really like to see them because all I've ever read is the theoretical potential of this happening, not that it ever has or is some huge widespread risk.

I have found several of your comments confusing and beyond your own gender variance falling under the transgender umbrella by definition, I've never heard someone supposedly leaning toward the transsexual end of the transgender spectrum make the kind statements that you have. You are either new at learning about these things or simply lack proper knowledge of the issues.

I don't mean to be harsh, just calling it like I see it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

You might not mean to be harsh but you sure are.(Those personal assumptions, much Wow.) What I said wasn't inacurate, your ability to read it is.

4% is a rather large number for regret, that is not wrong.

Nothing else you posted covers any of the other points I made about the medical issues that are cause by SRS. Just the single issue of regret.

Many SRS are failures because they are never completed, so an analysis of completed SRS patients means nothing. Do I have to quote myself saying, again, it's more likely to be related to the INABILITY to have the operation preformed? Do I have to quote myself saying the SUCCESS of others SRS overshadows this issue for you to comprehend it? Your reply only further affirms my beleifs.

Many SRS patients aren't simply 1 stage operations. There are large amounts of people that start the transition and do not complete it because of a multitude of health problems that come from taking hormones, having breast implants and removing their genitals respectively. The list of associated health problems for even a single one of those is daunting. Regret and suicide are just icing.

In any case, I said he was wrong- I DIDN'T agree with him. (The jkm guy.)Thanks for not even acknowledging it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

It may be attractive as an idea or fantasy but stick with being gender non-conforming or gender fluid because if you even do have gender dysphoria, it is obviously not intense enough to be more than annoying to you and not a matter of life or death as it is for many.

Just for your benefit, I'll snip some conversations between myself and my Dad.

You have a pathetic approach to forcing your will on me. You say hateful things and put endless pressure on me until you get what you want. Changing your sex is a huge thing to do. You are going to be discriminated by many people in this world. It might not be fair but it is going to happen. You will have no meaningful job. You have significant health issues and now you insist on me giving you $10,000.00 so you can change your sexual orientation. This will only make the things I referenced above more difficult. I will not financially support this. If this does not suit you then like I have said before do whatever you want and I will do whatever I want.

If you EVER talk to me like you did today or ever say that you are going to hate me than you are on your own. You are 25 and act like a child when you do not get what you want. Frankly I am so sick of it that I really do not care. You have pushed me yet again to far and this time you will see that you have gone to far. I have had it. If there is anything in this you do not like.... TOUGH.

The 'financial support' is only him OKAYING the FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE.
My reply:

Transgender suicide rate is 41%. It's because of conversations like this. I've already been homeless. I don't feel you love me. It's pretty sound logic. You clearly dont, my life isn't even worth $8,600 to you.

Even if you argue you do, you're the biggest #ing idiot to continue this TOUGH love with the stakes I'll just kill myself instead.

My whole life is suffering so far. And I'll definitely kill myself before I'm ever homeless again. Your move.
If you want to hear anything from me again, other than the echos of you hanging up on my plees for help, you should do this.

If not you're dead to me.

That intense enough for you? I don't have a job, my parents hate me and I was homeless for 3 years from 21-24 all because "I'm gay". I think I fit the transgender description pretty well.

Here's a snip to my brother explaining gender dysphoria, this is more realistically for your benefit friend.

My TSG doctor is one of the most renowned Doctors in Denver and in the field. She's not a quack. She's treated 1,200 transgender persons in her career. The main proof that exists is because they can MRI a baby and guess the brain sex, without seeing genitals. They do not do this because it makes parents angry to see a physically different baby than the prediction, because it is only looking at the brain, and the brain is not required to match, so the 'accuracy' was questioned. The doctors weren't incorrect in their tests, these are transgender children.

She cites the most common(main) cause of gender dyshporia involving Early and Late labor. Essentially if your mom goes into early labor, you have a higher chance for a female brain and if it is delayed, you have a higher chance of a male brain. This is not respective in anyway to the 50/50 chance you will physically be male or female. This science is very well credited by her, AND the scientific community.

In the event of my Birth, and your Birth, something very specific happened.

When first pregnant with me, Mom went into labor at 5 months pregnant. Obviously to avoid being born an undeveloped fetus, Mom was put on special emergency drugs that would prevent her from actually having me too soon, however she still was in labor for over a week in Hawaii without them and couldn't see her doctor until she returned.

In your case, she was forced to take these drugs at month 1, though 8, to avoid complications of an early labor happening at all.

It's scientificly UNDENIABLE that my case holds strong evidence for gender dyshporia. Because my first MRI in my life was post-puberty, and the brain is malleable to the Testosterone, an MRI then, or now isn't as accurate or conclusive as one when I was born would have been. If you ever have kids, you should MRI them.

I caps UNDENIABLE because it's an endless process getting my father to accept it, and will probably never happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Okay, I'm sorry you are offended and understand why you would be, I was out of line but for someone that is trans the extent of your knowledge seems to have come from Reddit or Tumblr or somewhere(?) and many of the things you've said are inaccurate and confusing and come across as not particularly in line with what I've heard from most transgender people or read in scientific and medical research papers. What do I know anyway? I've only been studying this since the 1960's.

Let's not argue and at least find common ground that transgender people should be able to use the bathroom that matches who they are as people.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You might not mean to be harsh but you sure are.

I thought so too but I wasn't sure if I was just being sensitive. Sorry Freija no offense but you do come off as very Trans elitist. That being said I will also say that I appreciate your wealth of knowledge and experience in this matter. You seem like someone who really cares about this issue and us as people. I tell people all the time that some people's dysphoria is not as bad or extreme as others. That does not mean though that these people should be taken any less seriously or degraded and pushed aside by their own as not being "good", ""real" or "Trans" enough.

I'm unsure as to whether or not I want the bottom surgery as Jack said there are a lot of complications and "could go wrongs" so for the sake of my overall health I may forgo that. Being outwardly feminine enough with breasts and a soft voice is enough to validate my identity to the world and when I find someone to love that I know loves me then the particulars of my plumbing won't even matter. Love transcends superficiallity.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It's np, I read your posts all the time. I just never thought you'd call me out directly xD

As for being accurate, you know what Freija, the negative statistics might be a real blemish, but this prevents almost none of the true cases from trying. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't see what I'm saying. It makes me no less comfortable than you quoting the real potential ramifications of SRS. Just generally the lower surgery includes many bladder compliactions, urethra, rectum and exaggerated bleeding problems and way crazier things I've read I'd rather not directly link. Vaginal prolapse is possible, and many issues that ultimately only require ever more invasive surgery. The drugs can give you clots and potential heart attacks, and have been proven to make you more apt to Breast Cancer. Because you do not take HRT your whole life, the risk drops when you stop the drugs, because you only need to maintain the estrogen levels with blockers.

All that aside, the obvious risk of all surgery is generally death
but now I'm the one being dramatic. Generally if you're careful you can avoid many of these issues but by no means is anyone just exempt from them, and many people that have these problems never finish their transitions.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

You might not mean to be harsh but you sure are.

I'm unsure as to whether or not I want the bottom surgery as Jack said there are a lot of complications and "could go wrongs" so for the sake of my overall health I may forgo that. Being outwardly feminine enough with breasts and a soft voice is enough to validate my identity to the world and when I find someone to love that I know loves me then the particulars of my plumbing won't even matter. Love transcends superficiallity.

I myself want the bottom surgery to feel complete no question and feminine appearance isn't important to me. Everyone is different
The HRT has been life changing for me alone and my desire is just to get the stinky Testosterone out of my body. That being said I'd probably qualify myself as more a "Tom boy" transgender :3

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Let's not argue and at least find common ground that transgender people should be able to use the bathroom that matches who they are as people.

I agree with that =) I'm the one using both bathrooms xD. It does make me feel sad other places aren't as accepting as Colorado and that is not always an option for others like it is here =(. I'd say Colorado cares so little, straight people alike probably venture into the opposite bathrooms from time to time xD. People have sex in the bathrooms even :3 can't say I agree with that.

I would definitely be apologizing myself a bit here because of my Colorado freedom, I wasn't quite as aware how bad it was in other places and by no means was I advocating against the TSG movement. Education of the SRS is what's pushed most here, not the political agendas. For years Trinidad Colorado was the "sex change capital of the world" and so we are definitely not sliping on ice anytime soon when it comes to how they should be treated.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I would also like to know what you think about these lawmakers and Kansas? Is this fair? Is this something you would want to instill and your children's educational system? Let's hear it ATS.

I think about Kansas lawmakers the same way I think about Cruz and Dim Kim Davis...Backward, hateful, bible-thumping, ignorant conservative Christian Dominionists who are hell-bent on ruining this country for everyone but their greedy-ass, hateful selves. They have tanked our economy since Brownback became governor.

Might as well be in rural Mississippi we way we're going right now.

And I've lived here most of my life, but was born in Chicago where both sides of my family heritage lived. German immigrants, also Scottish/Irish, English, and Finnish. Educated professional class.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Is this something you would want to instill and your children's educational system? Let's hear it ATS.

Also, thankfully my kids are now in their mid/late 20s and no longer in the Public Schools here.

They USED TO BE good schools. That changed, right about the time of the "Great Recession"....
Daughter graduated with honors and a scholarship to Northwestern (in Chicago/Evanston) in 2007, son withdrew that same year and pursued his education individually. Both are working at good paying jobs.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm going to reply to both of you in this one post to try and mend fences a bit, explain myself better and try my best not to step on toes any further.

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

-- You might not mean to be harsh but you sure are.

I thought so too but I wasn't sure if I was just being sensitive. Sorry Freija no offense but you do come off as very Trans elitist.

Let's not go there, please. I have put many hours in here trying to post scientific and medically accurate information usually backed up with resources for additional reading and tried to explain some of the social challenges faced by transgender youth and their parents for which I consider myself an advocate and ally. When I see things that that are less than accurate or misinformation, I strive to counter them or provide better information to refute them and it doesn't matter who says them although when they come from someone that considers themselves to be transgender it makes me even more critical.

That being said I will also say that I appreciate your wealth of knowledge and experience in this matter.

Thank you for your acknowledgement and appreciation. I've really got no dog in this fight and it makes me wonder sometimes why I bother particularly when it comes to the needs and issues beyond kids and their parents.

You seem like someone who really cares about this issue and us as people. I tell people all the time that some people's dysphoria is not as bad or extreme as others. That does not mean though that these people should be taken any less seriously or degraded and pushed aside by their own as not being "good", ""real" or "Trans" enough.

I do care and it should be obvious I feel passionately about this. I am well aware and have stated many times that gender dysphoria occurs in levels of degree or intensity and I am not making judgment about not being "trans enough" or suggesting that there is any one way or a right way to be trans. In fact, I have recently made this argument. I do, however, also feel strongly that if the need to have SRS isn't overwhelming, the precise target of dysphoria or if there is any doubt or wavering that this should be a good indication to a person that they probably shouldn't have it because it does increase the possibility of dissatisfaction or the rare case of regret. After all, it is major surgery with a lot of commitment to aftercare and it really does nothing in terms of passing (hate that word) better or being able to get a job or changing anything for a person in a social sense so when I do see someone on the fence about it, I suggest they do some real deep thinking about their decisions and ask themselves if they're "trans enough" to really deal with going through with all of this.

It is wonderful you have found your own level of comfort and acceptance for who you are and with your transgender identity. Again I will say though having uncertainty or doubt about having bottom surgery or worrying too much about potential complications or what could go wrong should be a clue that you might not be the best candidate for it because any doubt going in tremendously raises the potential of being unhappy or forever questioning if you've done the right thing. By suggesting this, I'm actually trying to do you a favor, not being negative or attempting to assault your womanhood or the right to be who you are or what bathroom you use.

originally posted by: imjack
It's np, I read your posts all the time. I just never thought you'd call me out directly xD

I could have said what I was trying to mean in a better way with different words, I'll grant you that but your laundry list of potential complications seems more like some sort of disclaimer one might have to sign of things that could go wrong in a worst case nightmare scenario or you just trying to talk yourself out of having SRS? 4%, 2% or 0% dissatisfaction or rates of regret are actually very low in comparison to other procedures.

As for being accurate, you know what Freija, the negative statistics might be a real blemish, but this prevents almost none of the true cases from trying.

"True cases"? Now are you the one suggesting some are more trans than others? Maybe you and RainbowPhoenix can work on this notion together? I'm not being facetious or sarcastic but you yourself come across as somewhat anti-trans or poorly informed and seem more on the side of detractors. That's just my observation without trying to say I'm right and you're wrong but you are still spreading information (or disinformation) that I do not agree with. For example:

The drugs can give you clots and potential heart attacks, and have been proven to make you more apt to Breast Cancer.

Testosterone, diet, lifestyle, smoking and family history is what gives you heart attacks. Clots or DVT (Deep vein thrombosis) are at increased risk but if you would like to know some factual information about this, I would suggest this article while paying attention to the current research section: Deep Vein Thrombosis and Hormone Use

And breast cancer? Breasts get cancer in both men and women.

"Breast cancer in transgender patients is rarely reported, and when it is, it is often in association with hormonal therapy and mentioned as a potential side effect of that therapy, particularly with estrogens," says LGBT Health Editor-in-Chief William Byne, MD, PhD, James J. Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. "Cohorts of transgender and transsexual patients followed prospectively, however, have not led to the detection of an increased incidence relative to the general population.
Source

Because you do not take HRT your whole life, the risk drops when you stop the drugs, because you only need to maintain the estrogen levels with blockers.

Who doesn't take HRT their whole life? Post SRS women sure do and those that have SRS or an orchiectomy do not take androgen blockers because there are no testicles producing them. These are the kinds of things you say I either don't understand or that lead me to believe you need to do some homework.

I do not deny there are risks factors involved for medically transitioning transgender and transsexual people. Even if they are a factor in your own decision making, highlighting or exaggerating them to a non-transgender audience is somewhat of a disservice especially if they are less than accurate or factual. In far too many and in most cases, particularly in children, doing nothing runs a much higher risk of harm than the risks of treatment.

I wish you and RainbowPhoenix nothing but the best. (out of space to say more)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Although not specific to Kansas and the OP, North Carolina passed the most heinous anti-trans legislation in the country and it has been signed into law.

To maintain my own awareness of what is going on and issues that affect transgender children and their parents, I am on several mailing lists. Below is an excerpt from an email I received from the National Center for Transgender Equality that is germane to this discussion:

My name is Deborah Thomson, and I am the parent of a 9th grade transgender child in North Carolina. Last week, my son Skye and I spoke before the North Carolina Senate Legislative Committee in opposition to HB 2, North Carolina’s anti-LGBT bill.

Skye told his senators, “I have dealt with bullying my whole life, and now I have to worry about my state lawmakers bullying me because I am transgender.” He looked up at them and said, “I feel bullied by you guys.” Moments later, those same senators passed the nation’s most anti-trans law on the books. I want to make sure no other kid is bullied by their legislators.

I worry about the transgender youth in NC public schools, now that they can no longer safely use the bathroom of their gender identity. I worry about the young trans girls who started school as female in kindergarten and who now face humiliation and harassment because their public school is forced by law to “out” them and make them use the boys’ bathroom. I worry that this legislation will make our brilliant transgender children feel like they are second-class Americans because that’s how they’re being treated.

As Americans we stand for equality, not discrimination. I am so thankful that NCTE is fighting anti-trans bills across our great country. I am thankful they are fighting on behalf of my son, on behalf of every trans child in North Carolina, and on behalf of equality for all Americans.

Yes, this was a shameless tug at heartstrings for a financial contribution. It must have worked because I made a one.

There are many problems and issues in this country and across the world and battles to be fought on many fronts. One person cannot fight them all but they can pick and choose the ones important to them. These stupid and damaging anti-trans laws that are part of the Republican National Committee Platform just happen to be one of mine.

Other parent's and related stories if you want to read more.

Open Letter to Candace Cameron-Bure and North Carolina; Let Me Help You Understand My Son

Conservatism — License to Discriminate

Governor McCrory Is a Bully

When Jesus Needs the Facilities, What Will Jesus Do?

Trans Student To Governor Of North Carolina: “This Is What Trans Looks Like”

And now there is this in the news today:

Mississippi Senate Passes Sweeping Anti-LGBT Religious Freedom Bill

"Religious freedom"? Freedom to be a bigot. Nice.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Andrenal glands produce Testosterone, and even female ovaries produce Testosterone. Removing testicles removes a substantial amount that is created, however it's still created, I think even the liver produces small amounts?

Anyway, the dangers of HRT are mostly related to the Estrogen. Blockers aren't very dangerous at all. 'Replacement' is an odd word choice, the majority of the treatment is finding a new Balance Ratio of Estrogen to Testosterone and Androgens, not replacing. The ratio of hormones is more responsible for the effects than amounts.
If you have a high ratio of Estrogen, that's what causes it to make you look female. It's completely possible to have substantially more Estrogen than a Cis female and still look very Masculine because Testosterone levels are just higher.

That being said, overloading your body with hormones is what is specifically dangerous. You only need to cater to a ratio, so reducing Testosterone produces the same results. When you start HRT, you take Estrogen to ease the process of the ratio overtaking Testosterone, but this isn't necessary forever, and once you have the correct ratio you only really need to take blockers to maintain it, and rarely supplement Estrogen, compared to when you start it. Because Androgens are less metabolic than Testosterone, if you have lots of Androgens you will need slightly more Estrogen than Cis females.

As for the 4%, that's disputable, but again you're not acknowledging that's an analysis of completed SRS. If someone is to start SRS and not complete their plan, it's safe to say that's an unsatisfactory result and not part of that statisitc. This is undeniably a lot of sad people. My point is these cases are completely excluded from the types of statistics your posting, that only account for how happy people that were ABLE to finish are. I would expect it to be low, they were able to complete their actual goals. That would feel nice. Anyway that's the distinction I was trying to seperate for you. You need to understand the difference, because one shows it in very good light, while the other does not, statisitcally. This is why suicide is 41%, but regret is only 4%. Otherwise those figures wouldn't make sense compared together.

Cancer has been linked to higher risk too. The heart disease and clots are higher risk. I didn't mean the HRT directly causes these things... it's just notably higher risk, I've seen it quote as high as 60%(the cancer) more likely, even though that means very little without the original figures. The heart disease and clots is just having more hormones than you should in your body. Smoking itself raises Testosterone, and if you ready have Testosterone, and you're taking estrogen, you're overloading yourself, while simultaneously raising your blood pressure.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thank you.

All I can do right now is try to keep the positive energy strong 👍

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What is your expertise on this subject?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have 5 years of therapy. I do major in biomedical engineering, but that's unrelated. I'm just relaying information my Doctor gave me.

The part about regret rates between us is more a discrepancy of wording it. Freija isn't wrong, but that's not addressing the issue I said.

I've been on HRT for two years, and I've finished the electrolysis and laser, my first surgical consult is this month on the 12th.

My Drivers license also says "F" for sex, but my legal name is still male, and a little more annoying to change.(Not that I'm not planning to.)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thanks.

Everyone is different. Every experience is different.

Seems your credibility is 100% -- if different then others.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This has well gone off-topic but once again I see things that are inaccurate although I do get a few of your points.

This is a good site I recently came across with a lot of health information for both patients and providers. You may want to brush up on anti-androgens and estrogen therapy.

Center of Excellence for Transgender Health

Or you might try:

Hormone therapy in transgender adults is safe with provider supervision; A review of hormone therapy sequelae for transgender individuals

A Systematic Review of the Effects of Hormone Therapy on Psychological Functioning and Quality of Life in Transgender Individuals

Protocols for the Provision of Cross-Gender Hormone Therapy

Suicide Attempts Among Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Adults

Heck, even WPATH's Standards of Care even?

I have more in my library but can't be troubled to find links and some are behind paywalls. I am open to anything you have that supports your statements and love to learn. I am not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

When you show me statistics, papers and more than anecdotal evidence, I'd be a lot more inclined and happy to discuss these things with you. I'm really not trying to have some sort of competition, I just want the things you post to be accurate.

In the mean time and as a nod to the OP, I suggest we put a $2,500 bounty on the heads of politicians that come up with this kind of stupid legislation!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I'd be happy to, it's just unclear with the amount of information what you're referencing specifically as inacurate.

This is my HRT doctor
www.porterprimarycare.org...

The information regarding risks of clots and smoking came directly from her. The information about balancing hormones and only blockers being necessary once levels balanced came from her. She's never mentioned the Cancer, but my only "exams" are checking my breasts, then drawing blood for hormone levels. I assume she's checking them for cancer. She's a WPATH member and one of the most sought after HRT doctors in Denver, having treated over a thousand patients for HRT. She's also my Primary Doctor.

Most of what I mentioned is mentioned on the internet, I understand that's not the most creditable, and my terms might super layman, but the source is creditable at the least even if I'm not.

The regret statistics were more or less semantics of myself just pointing out, that data isn't conclusive only considering patients that have completed SRS, rather then analysis satisfaction of patients that 'attempt' the procedure. I've seen the discrepancy in these statistics before.

In anycase, I don't know what you're talking about specificly, so I just keep regurgitating everything.

Being off-topic sucks. Personally I enjoyed this conversation more. My true feelings over conservatives is something equivalent to genocide, so I've been avoiding it.

I guess the last interesting thing about myself is my success. I'm not well recognized yet because I'm young, but I started the first/last Online TV station and have captured the entire television market. I sell 9 billion commercials a month and that number will triple each year, until it looks like I'll be the only Online commercial provider left. I don't actually keep it all, but my business I created (that my father owns), makes more money than Donald Trump. If there was a better voice for the movement than Caitlyn Jenner, it's me. I've been heavily involved in multiple liberation media movements, including pushing for democracy in Eygpt, N.Korea and Iran.

By ALL MEANS help make me better at this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join