It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the continuous rain in various places explained?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
1907 - Glasgow Junction

Rain fell in a certain place for a week, without any signs of clouds.

October 1886 - Charlotte, North Carolina

Rain fell on a patch of land between two trees. The patch of land was drenched every day for three weeks, even when a cloud wasn’t in sight.

The rain always started around 4 pm

October year 1xxx - Aiken, South Carolina.

Rain fell from morning until late at night on two graves in the town cemetery and it rained on nothing else.

Has all of this been explained? I looked around but found nothing. It puzzled me for quet some time ... 3-4 years to be precise, but i through it was already found..

I mean... just a little rain that drop on a particular spot for weeks and weeks... there should be exponation.. right?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
1907 - Glasgow Junction

Rain fell on a patch of land between two trees. The patch of land was drenched every day for three weeks, even when a cloud wasn’t in sight.

Rain fell from morning until late at night on two graves in the town cemetery and it rained on nothing else.

Has all of this been explained? I looked around but found nothing. It puzzled me for quet some time ... 3-4 years to be precise, but i through it was already found..

I mean... just a little rain that drop on a particular spot for weeks and weeks... there should be exponation.. right?

It rained in a town in Wales for 92 days straight last year?

Does this add to your interest?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Is there any proof that these events actually happened, or is it just hearsay?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I can say with a great deal of honesty that it happened.

Move along Sir.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

I read about this interesting chap www.articlecats.com...

The Morena Reservoir had never filled since its construction in 1897. It was expected to be nothing short of an act of God were it to fill.

Charley set up on January 1, 1916. From the 10th to the 18th, it didn’t stop raining. Downpours were often torrential. Highways were closed. Railroads had to stop operation. A town named Little Landers on the Tijuana River wasn’t just flooded, its land was swept away.

San Diego’s streets themselves began flooding. More than 200 bridges were washed away. The city coroner’s office listed the number of dead at 50, but this only included a sole dam breakage. The numbers from surrounding towns and suburbs, as well as from areas where Japanese and Chinese immigrant populations lived, could never be accurately tallied. At one point, Hatfield claimed 17.5 inches of rain in five days. Then January 26th came, and Morena overflowed, even with its spillway open to capacity.

edit on 27/3/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sources for alleged mysterious rain events in Aitken, SC and Charlotte, NC, occurring a week apart in October of 1886:

The Rough Guide to the Unexplained p. 63:

The New York Sun (24 October 1886) reported that water had been falling steadily for fourteen days out of a cloudless sky onto the same piece of ground in Chesterfield County, South Carolina. about the same time a similar fall at Aitken was confined to an area of ten square feet. The following month a fall at Dawson, Georgia, concentrated on a spot 25 feet wide. In each case it was as if an invisible, stationary tap had been left running in the sky.

In North Carolina the Charlotte Chronicle (21 October 1886) reported: "Citizens in the south eastern portion of the city have witnessed for three weeks or more a very strange phenomenon. Every afternoon at 3 o'clock there is a rainfall in one particular spot, which lasts for half an hour. Between two trees at the hour named there falls a gentle rain while the Sun is shining, and this has been witnessed every day during the past three weeks" A Signal Service observer later sent a report on this to the Monthly Weather Review (October 1887), saying he had seen it himself over several days. The trees were red oaks and "sometimes the precipitation falls over an area of half an acre, but always appears to centre at these two trees, and when lightest, there only."

At Brownsville, Pennsylvania, it was a peach tree that received this watery manna. According to the St. Louis Globe-Democrat (19 November 1892), witness saw the water falling from a little way above the tree and covering an area round it of about fourteen feet square. Could these trees, Fort wondered, act like mediums and attract rain to themselves?

EDIT:

Added to the excerpt. These are all incidents that were originally cataloged by Charles Fort.
edit on 2016-3-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
link

Another brilliant blast of light arcs across the night's sky, dramatically illuminating the Catatumbo River below.

This is 'Relámpago del Catatumbo' in a corner of north western Venezuela - otherwise known as 'the everlasting storm'. The unique atmospheric phenomenon generates an estimated 1.2m lightning strikes a year and is visible from almost 250 miles away.

Storm clouds gather in the same spot five-miles above Lake Maracaibo up to 160 nights per year, lasting for about 10 hours at a time. 

Just to add to thread. Atmospheric anomalies amaze me.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I can say with a great deal of honesty that it happened.

Move along Sir.

I can agree with that, and if you like to be biblical Nov-December 2015, was a bringer of the 40 days and forty nights of rain.

Okay, you might argue a little bit of licence there, but since this Met horlicks doesn't even mention Northern Ireland in the UK stats, does anyone really want to argue with me?....since in most cases we got the same weather first, including most of the Southern streams.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

image source

This is awesome, I had an actual chuckle picturing this 1907 "hayseed" farmer rolling his eyes and moseyin' on back home on his mule.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

1907 - Glasgow Junction

If there were clouds then that is boring

The OP seems to be addressing cloudless paranormal rain haha

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman

1907 - Glasgow Junction

If there were clouds then that is boring

The OP seems to be addressing cloudless paranormal rain haha

Cloudless and apparently a really small portion of the land. As it was centered right there. I honestly through someone found out by now what it was, but seems like no one can explain it... yet.

But i suppose the rain at Glasgow Junction was a hoax after all. I never found this part about the rain from the tree.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The first event was found by me by searching articles in newspapers.

The Second and Third were mentioned in Unexplained!: Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurrences & Puzzling Physical Phenomena by Jerome Clark

I kinda read it 2 years ago, and looked through all the mysteries in it. Everything turned out to be true.

From rain to mysterious jelly creatures. . . I even made a theory xD

P.S. I am really sorry for not being clear enough. I am really bad at english and when i am tired it gets worse.
edit on 27-3-2016 by ZeroFurrbone because: P.S. added

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
But if we assume that people 100 years ago were really bad at seeing that the rain actually is from trees, what kind of bug makes it look like rain when eating sap from the trees?

And lets say only if the incidents happened under tree or trees?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

During a hurricane I watched it pour on the other side of the street while I was dry.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That sucks. Bad... Was it at least during winter when no one wants to be outdoors anyway?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Back in the early 80s the north eastern regions of the U.S. was invaded by a plague of gypsy moths. Whole forests were laid completely bare by their caterpillar offspring. At its height I was walking the Appalachian trail in New York state and it looked and sounded like rain under the trees. The sound of munching and defacating caterpillars was like a steady soft rain.
We wore hats.

top topics

join