It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War not sure if I should be happy or disappointed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So I'm 2 weeks late in seeing in the newest Civil War trailer and it looks like it's going to be an amazing movie.

Iron gets a new suit again and tech seems to have been improved which is great

Ant man has a new suit too, he's too small to see it properly though

Scarlett Witch is seen doing battle with Vision and if you know from the comic world the significance of this it's a pretty cool thing (I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't know)

Black Panther looks awesome

And then at the end of trailer, Spiderman or should I say Spoderman, I dunno something about his costume and his physique just doesn't look right his voice too, the way he says "hey everyone" it just doesn't feel like Spiderman, that isn't saying much as I'm yet to see anyone actually pull off Spiderman as he was in the comics and the cartoon series, but I should be happy Spidey was one of my favourite heroes growing up as a kid but when I saw him in that trailer I was more "meh" than "yay"

Anyway here's the trailer, I still can't wait for the film but Spoderman I'm not looking forward to

And if you've no idea who spoderman is, well you can google him
edit on 27/3/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

After "The Age of Ultron", anything less disjointed offered by the series would be a step in the right direction. According to those close to the project, CA: CW gets things back on track. I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Oh I'm looking forward to it as a movie, I actually liked Ultron too, could have been better but I enjoyed it

I'm also not looking forward to it for reasons other than Spiderman, if they stay true to the comic book civil war then it's not going to be a happy ending and I'm trying to avoid reading too much about the film in case any spoilers relating to it are revealed (again if you know the comic canon, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about)

Still, should be a great movie if the trailers are anything to go by

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Besides the new suit for spiderman, I heard that this adaptation will have him being younger than the other movies.

If I'm not mistaken he will only be 15 or 16 years old in civil war, which may explain the voice thing ?

Personally, I think the way they made his eyes on the costume which allows him to more or less express emotions is an awesome touch.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

His costume though, it doesn't look natural I can't put my finger on it, looks too "plastic" to the point I can't tell if it's cheaply/badly done CGI or an actual costume

In regards to his voice it's not so much the age but more to do with the conveyance of his voice, it just sounds dull and not the excited cheeky voice you expect from a Spiderman

The eyes thing though, you're right it is a nice touch I wonder if his costume is the Iron Spider costume that Iron Man helps him build in the comics or the iron spider theme has had some influence towards the suit design

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Not sure I want to see Civil War. When it was in the comics, we were playing City of Heroes and our Supergroup was pretty evenly split between those who sided with Cap and those who sided with Stark. Interestingly enough, you could almost map the division along real world political lines, too. Those who were more libertarian/conservative tended to side more with Cap and those who leaned more liberal were tended to side more with Stark. It made things sort of uncomfortable all around for a while.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All I have to add is that I love your new Avi.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think I'm one of the few people that thought age of ultron was terrible. It was like they replaced the invading alien army from the first movie with an invading robot army then knocked together some action scenes for people with ADHD.

The winter soldier was a much better film with a complex political story and interesting characters as well as some sick action scenes.

Civil war just doesn't look that interesting to me, I watched my little brother play it out on ultimate alliance and it was awesome but with so few of the characters involved I don't see how it's gonna be anything close to what it could've been.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I know the storyline ending you refer to and I sincerely hope that they do not end things that same way.

new topics

top topics

join