It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-armed militias are shooting at Pentagon-armed ones in Syria

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
www.chicagotribune.com...

Syrian militias armed by different parts of the U.S. war machine have begun to fight each other on the plains between the besieged city of Aleppo and the Turkish border, highlighting how little control U.S. intelligence officers and military planners have over the groups they have financed and trained in the bitter 5-year-old civil war.

The fighting has intensified over the past two months, as CIA-armed units and Pentagon-armed ones have repeatedly shot at each other as they have maneuvered through contested territory on the northern outskirts of Aleppo, U.S. officials and rebel leaders have confirmed.

In mid-February, a CIA-armed militia called Fursan al Haq, or Knights of Righteousness, was run out of the town of Marea, about 20 miles north of Aleppo, by Pentagon-backed Syrian Democratic Forces moving in from Kurdish-controlled areas to the east.

"Any faction that attacks us, regardless from where it gets its support, we will fight it," said Maj. Fares Bayoush, a leader of Fursan al Haq.

Rebel fighters described similar clashes in the town of Azaz, a key transit point for fighters and supplies between Aleppo and the Turkish border, and March 3 in the Aleppo neighborhood of Sheikh Maqsud.

The CIA, meanwhile, has its own operations center inside Turkey from which it has been directing aid to rebel groups in Syria, providing them with TOW antitank missiles from Saudi Arabian weapons stockpiles.

While the Pentagon's actions are part of an overt effort by the U.S. and its allies against the Islamic State, the CIA's backing of militias is part of a separate covert U.S. effort aimed at keeping pressure on the Assad government in hopes of prodding the Syrian leader to the negotiating table.

At first, the two different sets of fighters were primarily operating in widely separated areas of Syria — the Pentagon-backed Syrian Democratic Forces in the northeastern part of the country and the CIA-backed groups further west.

But, over the past several months, Russian airstrikes against anti-Assad fighters in northwestern Syria have weakened them.

That created an opening that allowed the Kurdish-led groups to expand their zone of control to the outskirts of Aleppo, bringing them into more frequent conflict with the CIA-backed outfits.

"We'll fight all who aim to divide Syria or harm its people," said the fighter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Plan makes sense at face value; especially since the two forces were operating on either end of Syria with presumably, enough space between them that conflict between them wouldn't happen organically. Russia's intervention though, removed that buffer zone and now America is fighting itself.(again)

Our own government can barely remain coordinated and thus, we'll likely never get two militia's coordinated and as portended by the selected quote, we're bound for more blow-back. When do we admit our government and its agencies are themselves out of control?

But don't mind me, cutting defense spending is unAmerican.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
'Murica. Financing aimless wars worldwide since WW2. Yeah!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well thats win win for the US defence industry.

Hell they would arm all sides if they can, Same with Britain and Russia. War = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well thats win win for the US defence industry.

Hell they would arm all sides if they can, Same with Britain and Russia. War = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah, the world as it is currently; the biggest problem there is, peace isn't profitable.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Ahhhh, controlled opposition, you gotta love it.

This is all just a terrible misunderstanding, none of this is by design.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Which USA/CIA talk is talking the talk is the bigger question . They actually dont like to say what they would like to say because ,what they say makes no sense .

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How much more evidence of insanity and incompetence does it take to piss off the taxpayers?
The people have the power but are too cowed to stop the madness............
Shakes head and walks away muttering....

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ANYTHING to to push the atrittion of Islamists...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Most people view this as a mistake. I would agree but probably for a different reason. I think the mistake made here is we got caught keeping conflicts going. The powers at be are not completely stupid, they know they can't control these groups.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Money = "God" = Control = life.

I figured that out at 15, in the early 80's. I am never shocked when I hear we arm both sides in a fight. I mean, of course we do. That's where the power is, apparently.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Control both sides of all conflicts to produce the requisite final agenda ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

It's not controlling both sides of this conflict in this situation though:
CIA's Militia is fighting Assad's forces
Pentagon's militia are fighting ISIS
ISIS are fighting Assad's forces
This may look like helping and hurting Assad in the same stroke but the end-game or ISIS and America in Syria are different.(Barring conspiracy theory here, which I think is moot to the point I want to make and address at the end of this post)

The militia's are(America is) weakening their own position(If you want to assume it's not "all part of the plan"); how much one may or may not believe ISIS is just another pawn in a carefully scripted endgame not withstanding, what cannot be denied is the clear and obvious - the waste of resources.
Regardless of whether it's simply weapons industry profiteering or the grand scheming of a cabal, these are the calls to order the American people continually ignore.

aside - I don't think it matters whether this is the chaos of war or thoughtful architecture of an elite few and I think getting caught up in those details is one of the biggest hurdles to tackling the problem of governmental waste and expansion.
edit on 3/27/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

CIA-armed militias are shooting at Pentagon-armed ones in Syria

Hahahahahahaha hahaha hahahahaha aahhhhahah.

Hold on a sec, ..... Hahaha hahaha hahahahaha.

Nope, that's it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

It's not controlling both sides of this conflict in this situation though:
CIA's Militia is fighting Assad's forces
Pentagon's militia are fighting ISIS
ISIS are fighting Assad's forces
This may look like helping and hurting Assad in the same stroke but the end-game or ISIS and America in Syria are different.(Barring conspiracy theory here, which I think is moot to the point I want to make and address at the end of this post)

The militia's are(America is) weakening their own position(If you want to assume it's not "all part of the plan"); how much one may or may not believe ISIS is just another pawn in a carefully scripted endgame not withstanding, what cannot be denied is the clear and obvious - the waste of resources.
Regardless of whether it's simply weapons industry profiteering or the grand scheming of a cabal, these are the calls to order the American people continually ignore.

aside - I don't think it matters whether this is the chaos of war or thoughtful architecture of an elite few and I think getting caught up in those details is one of the biggest hurdles to tackling the problem of governmental waste and expansion.

I don't think I was being caught up in details. I wrote one very direct line lol. On the other hand....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Sorry, most of that post is just generalized thoughts not directed as a reply to you.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Wonderful. The CIA has created more Frankenstein Jihadi monsters that will soon be blowing up people all over the world.

It’s like a drug. These religious maniacs get the taste of blood they can’t stop killing.

War and God, like milk and honey to them.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
How much more evidence of insanity and incompetence does it take to piss off the taxpayers?
The people have the power but are too cowed to stop the madness............
Shakes head and walks away muttering....

You forget that some pundits and many Americans repeat the propaganda "We should have gotten involved. Now look at Syria." it's effing ridiculous. We've been involved this whole time.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This happens more often than you might imagine.

You often get agency assets being plugged by SF, so the agency got their toes in the door with OMA, so they could 'advise' i.e. turn it into part of the agency. That cut the conflict down briefly until the JCS got tired of them, now you have some SF under the 'advice' of the agency and some intentionally not.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The Must be really proud of themselves and their BS polices of regime change, at least they should be listening to rand paul now more.

new topics

top topics

join