It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Ways to Devastate ISIL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Then what would you do if all 300 million of them sign up?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
This article was found on politico for me this morning and it discusses 5 different things that could be to done to combat ISIL on a more effective front. Now I'm not a military guy, I don't know if all or any of these are feasible, but there's one in particular I wanted to discuss:

5. Prepare for at-sea war crimes trials

Many ISIL fighters, once captured, are turned over to their home countries for trial or held in ramshackle prisons where chances of escape are fairly good. Instead of continuing this practice, the international community, with the U.S. taking the lead, should send captured high-value ISIL fighters to prison ships and convene immediate, no-nonsense international war crimes trials based at sea. These ships could be positioned off Diego Garcia, the British protectorate in the deepest part of the Indian Ocean. Prosecutors, defense lawyers and witnesses could conference by video. The ships could be equipped for swift on-board capital punishment. If the sentence were a prison term, the terrorist would be transported to a Western prison with adequate security and safeguards.

Full story can be found here.

So, building prisoner ships where terrorists could be tried for war crimes directly, as opposed to using Gitmo or the Hague for example.

Is this feasible? Do you think it would be a better solution that the two I mentioned above? It seems like a good idea, but again, I don't really know what the ramifications, costs or actual efficiency of such a plan would be.

They also discuss starting actual Cyber Warfare against them, which I'm really surprised that they haven't done already, you'd think that would be the #1 thing to do in order to combat the propaganda and the radicalization of non middle eastern living kids and young adults.

Thoughts?

~Tenth

I was thinking hollow points filled pigs blood instead of mercury or maybe force feed them bacon?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Then what would you do if all 300 million of them sign up?

Print some more paper and get the Mars factory working overtime on those all important bars

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The idea is deeply flawed. No international criminal court would mandate capital punishment. The US is almost unique by being an outlier in the developed world by continuing to support capital punishment.

Also, doubtful the British would allow such a scheme to operate anywhere near any of their Overseas Territories.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Is the death penalty that rare in Democratic countries?

I wasn't fully aware of that. I'm not suggesting outright execution on board these vessels though either, just as a means of trying and holding them.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The idea is deeply flawed. No international criminal court would mandate capital punishment. The US is almost unique by being an outlier in the developed world by continuing to support capital punishment.

I suppose we could send them to a country that does not have capital punishment and let them try and rehabilitate people who like to chuck other human beings off of buildings, burn them alive, decapitate them by sawing their head's off and generally behaving in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan.

edit on 27-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd suggest Saudi Arabia

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree. I would like to send every scumbag terrorist back to where most of them got their wonderfully radicalized view of Islam from.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

At the same time, increase support for Jordan since they seem to be the only real country in that part of the world willing to help tide the stem of radicalization.

The coalition idea is a good one, but you have to stop building it with countries whose interests aren't the same.

It's obvious now that Saudi Arabia and Turkey willfully support terrorist networks and radicalization of Islam's followers.

Honestly, and I will ever only say this once, Donald Trump has a good idea for Saudi Arabia...stop buying their oil unless they start contributing in a meaningful way.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Turkey is also looking to impose hegemony over the Kurds who were one of our few true allies in the region.

And I do agree about not buying Saudi oil. Let them go broke and tear themselves apart.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I suppose we could send them to a country that does not have capital punishment and let them try and rehabilitate people who like to chuck other human beings off of buildings, burn them alive, decapitate them by sawing their head's off and generally behaving in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If you stoop to their level by killing, you are no better than them. Returning jihadists should face due legal process, for sure. Where it is found they have committed atrocities they should face a long prison sentences. Some may never be released.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Two wrongs don't make a right.

No, but three lefts do.

Returning jihadists should face due legal process, for sure. Where it is found they have committed atrocities they should face a long prison sentences. Some may never be released.

Wowie. 'Long prison sentences'? That may really scare someone who is willing to blow up civilians for no other reason than they think their particular flavor of religion is better than yours.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yawn. If you like the idea of capital punishment, then fine. I don't. We clearly have a different view on how to deal with returning jihadists.

A couple of days ago Radovan Karadzic was sentenced for war crimes and other crimes. He'll not leave prison alive. The Yugoslavia war crimes tribunal is perhaps a template for some of the serious nasties that may be captured as they return from Syria and Iraq. International criminal tribunals do not carry a capital punishment tariff, because (as previously stated) capital punishment is not used in the developed world, the US and Japan being exceptions.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

A couple of days ago Radovan Karadzic was sentenced for war crimes and other crimes. He'll not leave prison alive.

They should have hung him like they did with other war criminals like Goering.

Or maybe it would have been better to lock him up as a novelty instead of hanging his ass at Nuremberg.

Face it, some people are not redeemable.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
7th Century-Old Quran Has Islamists PANICKING

The find has Muslim leaders really disturbed, since these archaic texts pre-date their prophet Muhammad. The scripts are thought to date back to 568AD and 645AD, meaning everything handed down from their prophet came afterwards, proving that the prophet Muhammad’s directives to his followers were fabricated

Another scholar, Keith Small explained that this find could absolutely be devastating to Islam:

Air drop some pamphlets of that

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Face it, some people are not redeemable.

True. We just differ on the punishment. I don't roll with making people martyrs. As they say in Latin (noting you seem to be proficient)...

Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

True. We just differ on the punishment. I don't roll with making people martyrs. As they say in Latin (noting you seem to be proficient)...

A dead terrorist can kill no one.

Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat.

I am pretty sure some schools consider eel haram so we may be able to have some fun with these.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How about just turn the entire sandbox region into glass. That should take care of the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join