It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Ways to Devastate ISIL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This article was found on politico for me this morning and it discusses 5 different things that could be to done to combat ISIL on a more effective front. Now I'm not a military guy, I don't know if all or any of these are feasible, but there's one in particular I wanted to discuss:

5. Prepare for at-sea war crimes trials

Many ISIL fighters, once captured, are turned over to their home countries for trial or held in ramshackle prisons where chances of escape are fairly good. Instead of continuing this practice, the international community, with the U.S. taking the lead, should send captured high-value ISIL fighters to prison ships and convene immediate, no-nonsense international war crimes trials based at sea. These ships could be positioned off Diego Garcia, the British protectorate in the deepest part of the Indian Ocean. Prosecutors, defense lawyers and witnesses could conference by video. The ships could be equipped for swift on-board capital punishment. If the sentence were a prison term, the terrorist would be transported to a Western prison with adequate security and safeguards.

Full story can be found here.

So, building prisoner ships where terrorists could be tried for war crimes directly, as opposed to using Gitmo or the Hague for example.

Is this feasible? Do you think it would be a better solution that the two I mentioned above? It seems like a good idea, but again, I don't really know what the ramifications, costs or actual efficiency of such a plan would be.

They also discuss starting actual Cyber Warfare against them, which I'm really surprised that they haven't done already, you'd think that would be the #1 thing to do in order to combat the propaganda and the radicalization of non middle eastern living kids and young adults.

Thoughts?

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
So, building prisoner ships where terrorists could be tried for war crimes directly, as opposed to using Gitmo or the Hague for example.

I thought Dear Leader was closing Guantanamo?

I say let the Saudis deal with them, they funded most of the foundation for this radicalism anyway.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It feels like they may need the Tardis or Noahs ark, for the size required.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Prison ships aren't a new concept. Why have capital punishment at sea though? They should be publicly executed for the world to see imo this way their crimes and punishment can be seen by all and let the other members of ass-Il know what looms around the corner for them. I understand the need for fair no nonsense trials but being at sea I can already hear claims of corruption and abuse, I have no idea how it would play out in the worlds publics eyes.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There's no need for prison ships. They can be dropped directly into the ocean
edit on 3/27/2016 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Easier to fake executions and drain all the info they can out of these nuts while their fellow rubber roommates think their secrets are still safe and secure.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No offense, but why do you have to capture, try, then kill enemy combatants? Can't you just kill them? Seems pretty inefficient way of dealing with them. They just need to be removed from the gene pool. I don't still get why Warthogs arent just shredding every vehicle on the road in ISIS territory. Their fighters have to move from city to city, pick them off then.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I thought Dear Leader was closing Guantanamo?

I say let the Saudis deal with them, they funded most of the foundation for this radicalism anyway.

That makes no sense though. You might just as well set them free, think about it.

I would say that the prison ships are entirely feasible for trials but not for long term.

Thats why we need Guantanamo. Seriously what is Obama's reasoning for shutting down Guantanamo?

No one wants these despicable terrorists on their soil, I sure as hell dont want them in my country.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
That makes no sense though. You might just as well set them free, think about it.

Pretty much what happens anyway.

The poster above who mentioned chucking them in the ocean had the better option.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ya know, normally I'd be the guy crying for a fair trial and what not because I dont' necessarily trust the 3 letter agencies to be doing things...by the book so to speak.

But when it comes to ISIL, I just have nothing to give them in that regard. They simply don't deserve it at all.

So yeah...I can get on board with that..

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

No offense, but why do you have to capture, try, then kill enemy combatants? Can't you just kill them? Seems pretty inefficient way of dealing with them. They just need to be removed from the gene pool. I don't still get why Warthogs arent just shredding every vehicle on the road in ISIS territory. Their fighters have to move from city to city, pick them off then.

I agree %100. Why bother to capture? If they are or were shooting at you then kill the bastards.

I would love to see those warthogs in action shredding!

We have the air power nearby but Obama enjoys sitting on his hands and letting Puten look like the good guy.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

True. And I agree with that!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If those "planted" in that region over 5+ decades ago remain as primary influences to those who command and carry out

a removal of those who carry out... of younger generation is replaced simply

If planted elders influences is not as well Abducted

for? new carry outs foe/for? future gens influenced by same elders planted in region

PLANTED THERE FOR ENERGY MANAGEMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES PRIMARILY & social-public-religious-political-military Secondary

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Here's another one..prevent Turkey from giving them financial aid in exchange for cheap oil..hows that for a way?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think prison ships are a GREAT IDEA! Give 'em some fishing rods, brush off our hands, and walk away. Keep subs and coast guard on the lookout.
If they enter any nation's waters, destroy them.
edit on 3/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And what happens with said sea-trials once Daesh is defeated?
Who are the next terrorists? It might be you or me.

So no thanks, kill them in combat, kill them in their home country... but make all records public.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Here's another one..prevent Turkey from giving them financial aid in exchange for cheap oil..hows that for a way?

That is also a great point. We don't pressure enough ME countries to do their fair share when it comes to ISIL.

Turkey and Saudi Arabia especially.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

This article was found on politico for me this morning and it discusses 5 different things that could be to done to combat ISIL on a more effective front. Now I'm not a military guy, I don't know if all or any of these are feasible, but there's one in particular I wanted to discuss:

5. Prepare for at-sea war crimes trials

Many ISIL fighters, once captured, are turned over to their home countries for trial or held in ramshackle prisons where chances of escape are fairly good. Instead of continuing this practice, the international community, with the U.S. taking the lead, should send captured high-value ISIL fighters to prison ships and convene immediate, no-nonsense international war crimes trials based at sea. These ships could be positioned off Diego Garcia, the British protectorate in the deepest part of the Indian Ocean. Prosecutors, defense lawyers and witnesses could conference by video. The ships could be equipped for swift on-board capital punishment. If the sentence were a prison term, the terrorist would be transported to a Western prison with adequate security and safeguards.

Full story can be found here.

Is this feasible? Do you think it would be a better solution that the two I mentioned above? It seems like a good idea, but again, I don't really know what the ramifications, costs or actual efficiency of such a plan would be.

They also discuss starting actual Cyber Warfare against them, which I'm really surprised that they haven't done already, you'd think that would be the #1 thing to do in order to combat the propaganda and the radicalization of non middle eastern living kids and young adults.

Thoughts?

~Tenth
UK Leave the EU. They will be pissed if that happens me thinks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If I were in charge.....

I would make a video to be released for each one I captured. The video would be their buddy stripped nude by unveiled women, then a unveiled woman scooping from a vat of pig parts and blood and dumping it all over the POS, just before an unveiled woman pops a round in his forehead.

I think the number of them willing to go up against us after just a few videos would quickly diminish.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I was actually thinking of a crafty way to break them last night pay them more to stay home !!!

www.independent.co.uk...

According to reports they get 150 $ per month to wage Jihad

300 $ to stay home sounds good to me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join