It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Al Qaeda Just a Bush Boogeyman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is an article from the L.A. Times stating that Al Qaeda might just be a boogey man for Bush and his Neo Con friends.

* If Osama bin Laden does, in fact, head a vast international terrorist organization with trained operatives in more than 40 countries, as claimed by Bush, why, despite torture of prisoners, has this administration failed to produce hard evidence of it?

* How can it be that in Britain since 9/11, 664 people have been detained on suspicion of terrorism but only 17 have been found guilty, most of them with no connection to Islamist groups and none who were proven members of Al Qaeda?

* Why have we heard so much frightening talk about "dirty bombs" when experts say it is panic rather than radioactivity that would kill people?

* Why did Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld claim on "Meet the Press" in 2001 that Al Qaeda controlled massive high-tech cave complexes in Afghanistan, when British and U.S. military forces later found no such thing?

www.latimes.com...

These are very important questions that once again should be answered but they are continued to be ignored by the mainstream press.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by mrmulder]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

These are very important questions that once again should be answered but they are continued to be ignored by the mainstream press.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by mrmulder]

I swear, the mainstream press is SO far behind internet media outlets (i.e., real news). It's pathetic.
Folks, turn off the toob. You're getting a bunch of BU# they pass off for news.

Here's a good article on the reality of Osama the boogyman and his actual threat capabilities. Yawn. I'm so scared.

The Soviet Union with its nuclear capability would have destroyed most of the United States during an all – out war between the two superpowers (and an American retaliation would have nuked Russia into the stone age). And while the Japanese and the Germans, in control of the most powerful military machines in history, had the power to take over most of Eurasia in the 40s, Osama bin Laden and his terrorist networks could not even protect their bases in Afghanistan.

Not only should terrorism be seen as a marginal threat in geo – strategic terms, it could also prove to be a rather limited and manageable problem as far as domestic security in the US and other countries is concerned, argues John Mueller, the head of security studies at Ohio State University.
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
OBL

This is a link to info about Al Qaeda that predates GW as prez.

Here a little of the TRUTH.

"Al-Qaida is a multi-national support group which funds and orchestrates the activities of Islamic militants worldwide. It grew out of the Afghan war against the Soviets, and its core members consist of Afghan war veterans from all over the Muslim world. Al-Qaida was established around 1988 by the Saudi militant Osama bin Ladin. Based in of Afghanistan, bin Ladin uses an extensive international network to maintain a loose connection between Muslim extremists in diverse countries. Working through high-tech means, such as faxes, satellite telephones, and the internet, he is in touch with an unknown number of followers all over the Arab world, as well as in Europe, Asia, the United States and Canada.
The organization's primary goal is the overthrow of what it sees as the corrupt and heretical governments of Muslim states, and their replacement with the rule of Sharia (Islamic law). Al-Qaida is intensely anti-Western, and views the United States in particular as the prime enemy of Islam. Bin Ladin has issued three "fatwahs" or religious rulings calling upon Muslims to take up arms against the United States. (see Bin Ladin’s Declaration of War).

Attempts to radicalize existing Islamic groups and create Islamic groups where none exist.
Advocates destruction of the United States, which is seen as the chief obstacle to reform in Muslim societies.
Supports Muslim fighters in Afghanistan, Algeria, Bosnia, Chechnya, Eritera, Kosova, Pakistan, Somalia, Tajikistan and Yemen.
In February 1998, bin Ladin announced the formation of an umbrella organization called “The Islamic World Front for the struggle against the Jews and the Crusaders” (Al-Jabhah al-Islamiyyah al-`Alamiyyah li-Qital al-Yahud wal-Salibiyyin) Among the members of this organization are the Egyptian al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya and the Egyptian al-Jihad. Both of these groups were have been active in terrorism over the past decade. (see Attacks of al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya and al-Jihad)."

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You should go through the mountain of info on him I've compiled the last four years, at least. I was going through my files (still packed from my last move) last night.. it's unreal.

The CIA and Pakistani ISI created him. Used him. Now they Noriega'd his azz. But hey, it works.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
OBL

This is a link to info about Al Qaeda that predates GW as prez ...

Al-Qaida was established around 1988

You need to realise that in 1988 George HW Bush took over the presidency after spending time as Reagans VP.

en.wikipedia.org...

The link to GW Bush is therefore obvious. MrMulder is correct - There is a link between Bush and AQ, but it started long before Dubya became president.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The relationship actually began during the Carter administration with National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski. We employed OBL to be our proxy warrior/money-man in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even if an Islamic terrorist came up to these conspiracy theorists and said they were Al Qaeda and killed their families and them, their last thought would be "George Bush did it!"

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Even if an Islamic terrorist came up to these conspiracy theorists and said they were Al Qaeda and killed their families and them, their last thought would be "George Bush did it!"

If any A-hole stepped to me, threatening me and mine, I'd take 'em out without hesitation. By the way, why must it be an Islamic terrorist? Hmm? Could it be b/c that is who you have been programmed to hate and what you have been programmed to regurgitate? Further, have you ever actually been in contact with any Muslims? Did you know there are plenty of white people - even Americans who have committed acts of terror against our own people? Probly not. That's not part of the conditioning process you've succumbed to.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason of naming Al-queda and giving it a face is to make sense to the American people whenever the US needs to start an offensive against any country in the middle east.

The fact that somebody as famous as Bin-laden is still alive and well some where is enough to tell you how serious our administration is about finding him.

Then, to link Al-queda to Iraq the administration produce another man and another character and like the bin-laden is nowhere to be found but still he is in charge of the attacks to our troops and civilians in Iraq, and with so much killing of civilians by him I find ironic that no Iraqi has turn him over to the Americans, but is enough to keep the fight in Iraq.

I tell you all this information the facts and myths is enough to make anybody head spin like the littler girl in the exorcise movie.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps the reason of naming Al-queda and giving it a face is to make sense to the American people whenever the US needs to start an offensive against any country in the middle east.

It's a total fabrication. And those fools who believe they're being recruited into the 'holy' al CIAda are also being duped. Anyone with a brain and their eyes and minds open should be able to see this fiction for what it is.

Here's a tip: Just say NO! to US Network TV "news." That is a giant first step.

new topics

top topics

join