It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well ... at least get out a bit.

My son came up to visit this weekend. We had a great outing ... got to the range, saw a movie, caught up a bit on things. Talk about Fun!! He had to go back early and see some old friends off into harm's way, but that full day together will last me a long time.

So, just as a Spring Time Reminder ... don't forget to get out and see what's going on around you in your world ... things just a hair to the side of the normal path you take everyday.

Love,
Snarl

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I couldn't agree more!!! It's a kind reminder and solid good advice.

It's so sunny in my area today, and there's this gentle breeze, so I decided to go for a nice long walk around the neighborhood. I went to the market, bought some fresh fruit, and talked with folks from my neighborhood.

I wish everyone a sunny, and merry day.

Fresh air can do miracles to the mood and spirit.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hear,hear..With this tech boom it's easy to stay in inside.Kudos for You soaking up the outside,and enjoying it..S&F.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Wife and I are going offroading in the mountains of Utah. Cant wait. Fresh air, clear skies, and away from everyone. Just do it!
edit on 27-3-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Snowing today.

So I won't be going very far. Otherwise, excellent advice. I've been trying for a while to persuade my husband to allow me to invest in an $80 rod and reel setup for myself and $30 light set up for our kid and a license for MO so we can all go hit the reservoirs and fish. If we find the the right ones, he can take kiddo hiking while I stay and watch the poles, and we can all picnic and generally spend a day outside.

It's not optimal for me because I have a sunlight trigger, but I loved those sorts of days growing up. And they're one thing I miss with a non-outdoorsy husband and a chronic conditions that triggers off bright sunlight (hat and sunglasses all the time help).

It helps my case that he loves fresh fish.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20534978]Snarl[/post

My Son, who has grown into a young man I'm so proud of, has a busy life, tween work and school. I look forward to the times we have together, just us two. We have range time every month, and am tickled he's not forgotten a thing I taught him about safety, and being self-responsible.

That said, we've now taken your advice and signed up for a plate shoot, low lead. What's a better day than that?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We put the kids on their bikes and went for a walk this morning, then came home & had a picnic lunch outside. 55, clear blue sunny sky, and birds galore singing. Well worth the time outside

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Got back just in time for dinner (taking my own advice). Spent part of the morning and all of the afternoon volunteering. Probably overdid it ... but I survived.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Agree. Down here in the Caribbean, we just had our "week of Spring", which was nice. Usually go right from what passes for winter into summer. My Darlin' and me pretty much live "out". If we're not in the sea, we're hiking or riding our tandem trike.

My father-in-law came here with my Mom a few years ago. They drove around the island for three days and he declared that he'd seen everything there was to see. We've lived here 21 years and STILL find new things to discover and photograph and enjoy. We sleep inside. We try to live outside. Become part of nature..... well, except for the bugs. Land on me, get killed that's the rule.

The iguana in my avatar is a photo I took here. Iguanas have always felt totemic to me. Nothing bothers them. They don't bother anybody. They don't like to be screwed with and are very resilient. Cheap date.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I've followed you postings with a smidgen of envy for a long time. If I could soak up the sun without getting cancer we might be neighbors by now. I did the island lifestyle in Hawaii at the end of my military career and stayed through the complete transition. Like you, I never wanted for something to do. I just couldn't be 'that laid back' for the rest of my life. LOL

Got home from work today and ran the Harley down some rural roads this afternoon. Good times, brother, good times.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Good on you. It sounds like you're making the most of where you live. What more is there?

I've never wanted for something to do either. I hurt myself pretty badly a few months ago. Doctor says, "you'll need complete rest for at least three weeks. " I said, "three WEEKS? Three hours is going to be difficult." I see some young men who sometimes sit in one place and watch nothing for hours. I think to myself sometimes, "that's a skill set that I should develop".

A person can be chill and still be active. Meanwhile, I appreciate your thread. Life is outside. If we want to live, we should probably be in it as much as possible. imo.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Spent a good part of last week in the mountains,..

www.ignorancedenied.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley
Nice. I need to string a few away days together. Color me jealous (for the moment -grin).

Got out to the gun show today with some friends. I didn't go for the show as much for the company. It was damn cold and the wind was cutting.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You were in my ol' stompin' grounds -- Canyonlands, Arches, maybe even in Goblin Valley -- hard to tell from the thumbnails. That's beautiful and rugged country. It's not for sissies.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

You were in my ol' stompin' grounds -- Canyonlands, Arches, maybe even in Goblin Valley -- hard to tell from the thumbnails. That's beautiful and rugged country. It's not for sissies.

Been to Arches and canyonlands. Amazing place. Goblin valley is cool.

The pictures are mostly our trip on the 12 byway, and Bryce as the final spot.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Forgot to add, going to Yellowstone again in a couple of months.

Yeh, I like this thread.

Quit watching youtube vids of cool places to see.

Just do it.
And leave the internet at home!!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Taking the day off and cruising up to Indiana tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Stopped for lunch at an Italian restaurant called Tre Bicchieri in Columbus. Made the whole trip worth it.

ETA: Sorry ... that's what people use FaceBook for isn't it? No more details from me.

edit on 1542016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It sounds like you're having a good trip so far. Might I suggest that if you go back through Ohio, check out a place called Jungle Jim's. It's an international market with really cool displays that look like they might belong in a museum or amusement park of some sort. It's so big that you more or less need a map lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks for that. It is not the first recommendation (for Jungle Jim's) that has been passed along to me.

Note to self: use the expensive camera phone thingy in your pocket for these ventures. LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join