It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reveals when he thinks America was great

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: TaleDawn

Sure, the late 40's and 50's were "great"...

If you were a white male.

Why do you inject race in to everything? Are you a race baiter? It's getting kind of pathetic at this point.

How is this "race baiting"? How is pointing out the truth about American history a negative thing?

I think calling me a "race baiter" is a defense mechanism because you do not want to accept the facts that surrounded post WWII America.

I'm sorry, but race and sex does play a role in society. You can stick your head into the sand and claim it doesn't -- but that only smacks of willful ignorance.

It's OK if someone is ignorant, it's something else entirely if one chooses to be ignorant.

White people always love to claim race doesn't matter, and males love to pretend that sexism is a figment of the female imagination. All lives matter, right? .... That phrase is easy to say when you're in the majority, holding the power.
edit on 26-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Post-WII was a time that we will NEVER see again. Neither Trump nor anyone else can capture or bring back the unique set of circumstances that were in place that allowed the middle class to explode as it did.

During WWII American factories went into over drive, some even had to expand. Post WWII as all the soldiers returned home, the world need rebuilding. America was one of the few industrialized countries that wasn't bombed to hell. America had the manufacturing capacity and the manpower to help rebuild the world.

We can't recapture that again. We can't go back to that "golden age" when you could support a wife and two kids stamping metal in a factory for 40 hours a week.

Let's not forget that segregation was real and thriving, women hardly had a place in the workforce post WWII, being openly gay was practically a death sentence, and interracial marriage wasn't going to be legal until 1967.

So sure, America was "great" for white males. Not so much if you were female or a minority.

That's one way to look at it, if you completely disregard an entire set of variables and data. To enter into that discussion would be moving away from the topic at hand though.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

Oh, here we go...SJW regulators RIDE!!!

SJW, another catch acronym that is really a good thing, but made to look bad. Like conservatives are calling liberal Democrats 'Leftists' now, which is completely inaccurate.

Call Mystik a SSS, I dare you.

It's not a good thing when you start crying about chalk...

The fake outrage by adults about the chalk is silly. Every generation of college students make up their own terminology, decide what might be offensive and they turn into US. It happens over and over and over.

Some of us retain a memory of it and some of what we learned from the time our minds were open, though.
edit on 26-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Uh, no that's pretty much the macroscopic long and short of things post WWII.

The rest of the world was bombed to hell, and America was left untouched with an abundance of able-bodied men to work the newly expanded industrial infrastructure.

America single-handedly rebuilt western Europe, Japan and parts of Asia post WWII.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Trump also pointed to the "late '40s and '50s," a time when, he said, "we were not pushed around, we were respected by everybody

If 'we' doesn't include women then those days were golden times for misogynistic A-holes. So Trump's words are definitely accurate depending on who's consensus he's asking for.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Tell that to black people who lived in Baltimore, Detroit, New York and Chicago at that time.
Black families were thriving much more than today.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You're daring me? really? So what do I get if I do?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Urban Institute: The Black Family Is Worse Of Today Than In the 1960’s, Report Shows
From 1963 to 2013: Is black America better off 50 years after ‘I Have a Dream’
Why blacks are worse off now than ever

How did this thread get to this? Is this off-topic? I don't even know.

edit on 26-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The majority of women were much happier back then being fulltime mothers before feminists denigrated women for being fulltime mothers.

link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

You're daring me? really? So what do I get if I do?

I am not sure. I just invited you to attempt it.

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Let's not forget that segregation was real and thriving, women hardly had a place in the workforce post WWII, being openly gay was practically a death sentence, and interracial marriage wasn't going to be legal until 1967.

And, birth control wouldn't be legalized until 1965.

link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Those black families couldn't even vote during that time..
There was still segregation in schools..

edit on 26-3-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Trump also pointed to the "late '40s and '50s," a time when, he said, "we were not pushed around, we were respected by everybody

If 'we' doesn't include women then those days were golden times for misogynistic A-holes. So Trump's words are definitely accurate depending on who's consensus he's asking for.

The fact that women TODAY are getting raped in Europe by "misogynistic A-holes" islamist migrants at UNPRECEDENTED rates vaporizes your "theory"

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Tell that to black people who lived in Baltimore, Detroit, New York and Chicago at that time.

Uh...okay. Let's forget that they had to use seperate bathrooms, got paid less...ect, ect.

I can see that those who support Trump will justify whatever he says. Those Trump-tinted glasses are welded onto people's faces and no matter what anyone says they'll be right there, throwing up ridiculous, half-hearted and unrealistic arguments full of holes and fallacies.

Whatever guys, enjoy the Trump back-patting party. I've got better things to do with my life than teach rudimentary American history to folks who only want to focus on a laughable and narrow cross section of reality/truth.
edit on 26-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
personally i dont think the world has ever witnessed a wonderful age.
the good ole days are only good through rose colored glasses at best.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The majority of women were much happier back then being fulltime mothers before feminists denigrated women for being fulltime mothers.

And do you have some kind of source for that claim? Any studies, polls or articles that prove that women were happier being homemakers in the happy 1950's? If so, I'd love to read them! I'm all ears!

link   

Black men have been voting in all the cities I mentioned since 1870.

Learn some basic US history.

link   

a reply to: Arizonaguy

Uh, no that's pretty much the macroscopic long and short of things post WWII.

The rest of the world was bombed to hell, and America was left untouched with an abundance of able-bodied men to work the newly expanded industrial infrastructure.

America single-handedly rebuilt western Europe, Japan and parts of Asia post WWII.

That's only part of the story. Basically, the USA had a stranglehold on everything economically. Even after those other nations dug themselves out of the rubble of WWll they were still destined to be under the thumb of the USA economically, without intervention. That intervention came from those of mindsets amazingly similar to yours.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I wonder if Trump would admit that we could not have won that war if it weren't for the cooperation with Communist Russia.

The D-Day invasion would have ended differently if the Eastern Front wasn't a focus for Germany.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

The fact that women TODAY are getting raped in Europe by "misogynistic A-holes" islamist migrants at UNPRECEDENTED rates vaporizes your "theory"

Again, that is not correct. It has been gone over in many threads. Sweden, especially, counted many crimes as rape that are not the general definition of rape in their crime statistics. I am not saying any of it is good nor do I question why that government or governments changed how they post the data. But even sexual harassment went into the numbers. I posted translated government statistics in a past thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join