It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implant Chip Controls Brain, Thoughts, (Memories Transferred From One Brain To Another)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi

I found an article written in a 2011 (Activist Post) It talks of the ability for Department of homeland security scientists, to record and store people's memories in a memory chip. The article also claims that memories can be transferred from one brain to another. I know its an old article, but its very interesting, as I haven't heard about a technology that has the ability to do this. Has anyone heard of this and what are your thoughts?

Below is a short exert from the article written by:

Alexander Higgin's, June 19, 2011 Activist Post

Scientists working at the University of Southern California, home of the Department of Homeland Security’s National Centre for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events, have created an artificial memory system that allows thoughts, memories and learned behaviour to be transferred from one brain to another.

In a scene right out of a George Orwell novel, a team of scientists working in the fields of “neural engineering” and “Biomimetic Micro Electronic Systems” have successfully created a chip that controls the brain and can be used as a storage device for long-term memories. In studies the scientists have been able to record, download and transfer memories into other hosts with the same chip implanted. The advancement in technology brings the world one step closer to a global police state and the reality of absolute mind control.

Links below for full article.

www.activistpost.com...

www.activistpost.com...www.activistpost.com... chip.htmlwww.activistpost.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. This is an extremely scary thing. Reminds me of the minority report. At the same time it says that learned behavior can be transferred which may have possible medical implications for those with brain injuries or other neurological issues which impede a person's quality of life.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
No problem!
Considering US homeland security are using it. Yes its quite scary. I am surprised I haven't heard so much about this considering it was written 5 years ago.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Will they be using technology such as this when they complete the first head transplant?

Scary stuff for sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Try reading the original source next time. This has absolutely nothing to do with saving memories or transferring them into another brain. Nothing whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

How about a nice upgrade for the human clone. Now they can give it a memory that is representative of its original human.

For the record not cool!!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Aaaah Okay.
"Flip the switch on, and the rats remember. Flip it off, and the rats forget," said Theodore Berger of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering's Department of Biomedical Engineering.

Your link is to an article about university scientists studies, while the topic relates to US homeland security scientists?????

edit on 26-3-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Read the full article?? You read two articles as if they were one????? Huh??? They were written on different dates??? There are quite a number of different stories on the link page. My post relates to only the first one.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The first issue is that it's from 'Activist Post', not particularly known for accurate interpretation of the stories they're citing. This would be an example.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Some stories of the Montauk Project involve a chair that connects up to a computer and was used in tests of thought amplification, link. There is a lot about memories that is not fully understood. Some people that receive heart transplants also receive new memories or desires.

I consider it possible that memories can be stored and transferred, as for the full workings of such technology is still a little outside of my grasp. As for the state of the art technology in neurosciences and microelectronic engineering, given enough time and money progress will be made.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Anything with the term "montauk project" or "project camelot" in is an even less worthy source than AP, sadly.

Activist Post seems to specialize at taking something real and deforming it into some bizarro world version, hoping you won't read the original research.

Sadly, most seem to follow along.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic
Read the full article?? You read two articles as if they were one????? Huh??? They were written on different dates??? There are quite a number of different stories on the link page. My post relates to only the first one.

All the articles are about Berger! They are not about different studies or experiments but about the one done by Theodore Berger!

So, once again, please read the original source, already posted by Admirethedistance!!

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Try reading the original source next time. This has absolutely nothing to do with saving memories or transferring them into another brain. Nothing whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic
Hi

I found an article written in a 2011 (Activist Post) It talks of the ability for Department of homeland security scientists, to record and store people's memories in a memory chip. The article also claims that memories can be transferred from one brain to another. I know its an old article, but its very interesting, as I haven't heard about a technology that has the ability to do this. Has anyone heard of this and what are your thoughts?

Below is a short exert from the article written by:

Alexander Higgin's, June 19, 2011 Activist Post

Scientists working at the University of Southern California, home of the Department of Homeland Security’s National Centre for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events, have created an artificial memory system that allows thoughts, memories and learned behaviour to be transferred from one brain to another.

In a scene right out of a George Orwell novel, a team of scientists working in the fields of “neural engineering” and “Biomimetic Micro Electronic Systems” have successfully created a chip that controls the brain and can be used as a storage device for long-term memories. In studies the scientists have been able to record, download and transfer memories into other hosts with the same chip implanted. The advancement in technology brings the world one step closer to a global police state and the reality of absolute mind control.

Links below for full article.

www.activistpost.com...

www.activistpost.com...www.activistpost.com... chip.htmlwww.activistpost.com...

Tomatoes in real life and not just in anime?

Maybe we can clone Michael Jordan and put the memories from the original in the clones. Eventually we would get another Michael Jordan.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

As for how much or little of the Montauk stories are real is getting of topic for this thread. What is important is the culture of experimentation between the brain and the electromagnetic spectrum, which had been going on since it was possible.

How so much of our technology is starting to resemble recovered alien implants of the past is one flag to watch.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: Bedlam

As for how much or little of the Montauk stories are real is getting of topic for this thread.

Montauk itself is off topic for any thread, except 'hoax bin'. A shame you brought it up.

What is important is the culture of experimentation between the brain and the electromagnetic spectrum, which had been going on since it was possible.

In what way, particularly? Hopefully one that doesn't involve project camelot or 'educate yourself' as a source.

How so much of our technology is starting to resemble recovered alien implants of the past is one flag to watch.

We have technology, there are no recovered alien implants, thus there's no correlation.

top topics

join